[Suggestion] BFRs need to re-exist

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Jul 22, 2022.

1. TR5L4Y3R

it doesn´t take much brainpower to realize that EVEN IF there were 2 tanks with anti air that the Lib would laugh at them because at how eitehr ineffektive AA like the Walker, ranger and skyguard are or how OP Daltonlibs are OR BOTH..
    a max can die against one infantry class placing one C4 brick .. this is not just a simple matter of one plattform being outnumbered but hey, nice try picking specific situations to unsuccessfully prove your point ...

which act as their own tankvariant and to my knowledge have next to no customisation if we talk abot the original battlefront 1 and 2 ... still no real reason to bring BFRs back other than for coolnessfactor
    • Up x 1
  2. terrascorn

Do want. also, I will kill you all! [queue maniacal mech commander laugh track]

A brawler variant, for roflstomping construction would be really fun. That's a nice turret you have there, I'm going to rip it out of the ground and smash all your stuff with it!
  3. TR5L4Y3R

be it brawler or "siege" being a anti PMB platform would be pretty much the only role i can see BFRs taking ...
  4. AntDX316

The idea isn't to buff everything else. The idea is to add that to the game while not changing anything else.
  5. OSruinedPS1

Wow, it's like nobody learned anything from the first time around.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

so leaving the game balance in its current out whack state, yea no lets not have BFRs then at all ...
  7. TR5L4Y3R

speaking purely about walker animation did you ever watched or played Mechwarrior?
    100 ton assault mechs can run up to 64 KPH and are imo well enough animated ...
    maybe with the exception of the king crab ...
    light mechs can go up to 150 kph ... animation still looks good ..
  8. Racheengel

This post can only have been created by someone who used BFR`s excessively the first time around.
    All others will agree, that BFR`s destroyed all the armor outfits. Many who liked tanks and stuff quit over it.
  9. Swaith

I used to play battlefield 2142 and loved the mech suit, but frankly they are just bigger MAX suits. We have that in the view of the MAX's and gear they have available.

Anti tank Mines and C4 are already prohibitive as they can cost almost as much as an entire tank. The Magrider enables the VS as a racial trait to access areas the BFR would be functional in. Over rocks and small obstacles while MAX's allow players to reach the smaller tighter areas, with glass cannon type anti tank capabilities, or semi-survivable anti infantry use.

I do love the fell of BFR's, it fits the genre, they could make something like this, but as many people have said it won't really add much more to the vehicle combat other then a little fun flavour.
    • Up x 1
  10. brutes359

I actually agree that we should consider bringing back mech units. But if we are to do so they must have a specific role and weakness. For instance, the entire reason for a bi-pedal weapon system is to allow it to more effectivly utalize terrain and cross it. To that end, the mechs should not necessarily be more or less armored than a standered main battle tank. In fact, it reasons they could be less armored as they are designed to use hills, buildings and other terrain for their advantage.

They must be decently fast to compensate for these armor nerfs, and they must have good weapon customization. If it seems like they are just big MAX suits, thats because this is basically what a mech is on a fundemental level.

I would have to consider what other things can be done with the units before I make any other suggestions, but I can see them as good midway points between light tanks and MBT. Slower than lightnings, but faster than vanguards, and able to mount more weapon systems at one time at the cost of only having a single pilot seat and limited view ark (tanks can turn their turret 360 degrees while a mech is more likely to have a limited turn radius on the upper body.). Their primary weakness would be aircraft of course as they would have a limited abilty to look up and no AA guns to speak of. This would therefore make them less versatile than MBTs but certainly better at AT roles.
  11. AntDX316

No matter how much of a good idea it would be to bring back BFRs, if DBG decides not to develop for it then it would not happen. It could also make the game more "cartoony" but if the costs were right it would be fine. No doubt a few hard anti-tank shelling on a high silhouetted BFR would destroy it in no time making it more dumb to use than the Colossus. Dying fast and costing a lot is what not to do.