Best weapon for vanu?thanatos,pandora or nova?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Navoletti, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Navoletti

what is the more best weapon f and with much damage for enginer?

much people talk of this weapons but what is more best?

i have 1000 certs and no is easy win this.. for this i need think in what weapon buy.....

sorry for me english...

other alternative is buy the rocket launcher anti air for use in the moment of much enemies in the air....
  2. AnotherNoob

I like the er... xy6-7 or something that, cant remember the silly name :p
  3. AuntLou42

I enjoy both the VX6-7 and the Serpent.
  4. Anvildude

I've been loving the Pandora lately, but I haven't tried the others- Thanatos is incredibly powerful, the Nova I've heard may not be the best.

Essentially it boils down to how and how well you shoot. If, like me, you tend to panic fire, the Pandora can be useful, because you just hold the button and look at the enemy. If you keep calm and aim your shots even in close quarters, the Thanatos will serve you well. If you rapidly fire while moving around, the Nova could help more, with its large clip size.
  5. Adamar09

In reality, you can't really go wrong with any of them.

If it's just face-melting with engineer you want, can't look past the Pandora. Slightly higher RoF will allow you to do ridiculous things, like taking down a shielded heavy in CQC. There is no ammo pool to speak of though, so it's not very practical for other classes (LA particularly).

Nova is a practical option for everyone, since it can carry a lot more ammo than the others. Solid and reliable.

The Thanatos is the one I'd consider if you want to use slugs. While the Nova would be the pick here, for some odd reason it doesn't have a 2x reflex sight. Seems like... an oversight.

With extended magazines the extra couple of shots on the Nova aren't really a big deal. The VX6-7 is also a good option for close quarters work - it can reach much further than a pellet shotgun - but honestly I prefer the feel of a shotgun for close range work.
  6. Navoletti

in resume pandora no is recomended?

you say the best options is thanatos or nova?this weapons have more damage that pandora?i check the three with 30 minutes and all is great but i need the more best.

i need a great shotgun but cost much 1000 cert for this i need think good the decision.
  7. xMurderEmperorBRnm1x

I have fallen in love with the solstice SC. Why? Because the engineer is a toolbox! Underbarrel smoke launchers are incredibly useful as defensive screens when you are playing with an organized group and an underbarrel shotgun round can really help to melt someone in close quarters. The standard nade underbarrel is pretty nifty as well!

I would advise this weapon to anybody playing engineer as it gives you even more of what engineer is amazing at: Utility. Emphasizing a strength is always greater than compensating for a weakness.

A solstice with HVA and a forward grip is all it really takes to kill somebody once you have been playing for a couple weeks. Is it the best? no. It does do the trick, however, and the SC has a LOT of tricks.
  8. Rusky

Have any of you spandex boys tried the VS battle rifle ?

The NC and TR ones are identical stat for stat, and they're both **** since they have huge bullet drop, but according to the data sheet the VS one has no bullet drop, and since this is basically a light sniper rifle, this could be huge. (since VS snipers have bullet drop for balance reasons).
  9. Adamar09

I wouldn't say not recommended at all. It's LOADS of fun, and stat for stat the most powerful gun in close combat (?), too.

For engineer who can supply ammo at will the main downside of the gun is not a problem. It's just not quite as practical as the other shotguns on other classes. Depends how much you'd want to use it on other classes (and how much time alone without resupply on those classes), really.

I'd suggest trialling it and seeing how you like the feel (for each one, really) but lack of extended magazine in particular will be a limiting factor.
  10. Navoletti

i check the three weapons and all is best but i need the more recomendable of this three.

i remember kill with 1 shots and two shots much enemies....with this weapons ,with the three kill enemies only with 1 shot or this happen only with pandora?

please need a best shotgun now,and later sure i buy other weapons solstice sf but now i need kill much people and with the sotguns this happen more times.

i check the vx67 and for my is bad,i no see difference of the weapon for default.

of this three what is the best option?
  11. Adamar09

Damage/shot is all the same. Pandora fires slightly faster.
  12. Erendil

Of the three shotguns I'd get the Nova (well technically, I did get the Nova :cool:) . It has 2 more rounds in the mag (8 vs 6) and a slightly better ADS accuracy while moving, which is important is you plan to use shotgun slugs.

The Pandora has a slightly faster RoF (300RPM vs 250RPM) which is useful if you're just going to use the default pellets.

I guess it all depends on whether or not you plan on using slugs.
  13. sosolidshoe

Tell me, what would you say sets the two apart? I bought the Serpent, but I must have had a brain-freeze because I completely forgot to compare it to the VX6-7, and having watched a review of that by LevelCap his description seems to better fit what I was looking for. Is there enough of a difference between the two in, say, hipfire accuracy(assuming both have Adv. Laser), or reload speed, that having both would be useful, or are they similar enough that it would just be a waste of SC?
  14. Navoletti

and what is the function of slugs?is a more damage type of ammo?

you preference is nova?
  15. goliith

Slug Ammunition is a single large projectile being fired, instead of about 10 small projectiles. The difference is Pellets do more damage IF THEY ALL HIT, and are easier to land in Close up fights, Slugs do a bit less damage but have VERY high accuracy at even long ranges.

Using a 4x scope I regularly get Headshot kills at over 150m with my Nova.

I own the Thantos, and the Nova. In my opinion. the Nova is better for slugs, The Pandora is likely best for Close up battles with pellets do to being Full-auto.

Also, yes I also own and use the Eidolon, and I actually enjoy it quite alot. It has no bullet drop and kills in about 5 body shots or 3-4 Headshots, with a 6x scope It's great fun in large battles to kill people that have lost their shields in 1-2 shots.
  16. Erendil

Um, yeah, what he said. :cool: Although I don't use shotguns much anymore, when I did use them my preference was the Nova with slugs.

I also have used the Eidolon quite a bit and love it too, although I only use it now for defending chokepoints and extreme range plinking (150m+). For anything closer than that the Pulsar C is a better choice IMO.
  17. AuntLou42

Serpent faster rate of fire. VX6-7 faster reload.
  18. Hyperzone

1. battle rifles, I'm not sure about the damage but for VS, the no-drop is not free, it comes at the price of reduced bullet velocity. It's effectively just a matter of how you compensate, either horizontally (slower bullet means more compensation is needed horizontally on a sideways running target) or vertically (either 0 for VS or a little for all others, this is easier since it's pretty constant and grows only with distance, aim at someone's head and you'll hit the body for sure anyway).
    2. slug shotguns are more powerful (3 body shot kill at any range)
    3. battle rifles come with more ammo and can be used by the heavy next to engi. Shotguns can be used by medic, LA and heavy, next to engi.
    4. slug shotguns have incredibly slow bullet speed (it feels like less than 1/2 the speed of any other normal gun without hva) anything further out at mid range that isn't stationary, I don't even bother anymore, I think I'm a decent aim in general but I just don't hit squat with the shotgun, the slugs are just that slow. Ask anyone. You can still surprise countersnipe snipers who don't move. 1 headshot + 1 bodyshot = dead sniper. But only the newbies are dispatched this way.
    5. battle rifles have much better velocity but at long ranges can be a 5/6-bodyshot kill. Still at long ranges, battle rifles probably have a better TTK on a moving target.
    6. battle rifles can mount 6x scope and have no sway. This is nice even for just scouting, might like it due to this fact alone. Shotguns go up to 4x scope max. You decide.
  19. Rhumald

Psst; as much as I absolutely hate people who use the gun, until it gets a nerf, go with the Serpent.

heheee, I had a VS sniper absolutely rage at me (apparently he's a sniper with the forces IRL) for being able to counter snipe him with the shotgun slugs... he was about 250m out, less than a second's bullet travel, and it still took me quite a few shots.
  20. Hyperzone

I use shotguns a lot.

Shotguns are a great unlock in the sense that you get a lot of value from it since they can be used by LA, Medic, Engi and heavy. One unlock, a weapon for 4 classes.

There are differences between shotguns they are summed up in short, like this:
    1. nova = semi-auto, +2 magazine, long reload
    2. thanatos = semi-auto, smaller mag, short reload
    3. pandora = auto, higher RoF, smaller mag, long reload
    The magazine differences are 8/6/6, once you expand them with extended mag they are 12/10/10... not so big anymore.
    I chose thanatos because over time, it sends the most slugs towards the bad guys due the best reload speed - the short/partial reload (with at least 1 round still left in the mag) is only a little longer than switching to pistol.
    Keep in mind, slugs, while still powerful, can be bad for really short range, it's only 1 bullet, if you miss it, you're in trouble.
    Something else to keep in mind, ammo carried varies.
    With extended mag and thanatos/pandora, you will start with: 10 + 26 rounds. For engi, that's no problem but all other classes will burn through that way too fast. Two good fights and you can't refill back to full anymore.
    Using nova, one gets 10 more rounds. If you plan to use shotgun on other classes a lot, this might be worth looking into. Trial them to get a feel for the reloads.