[Suggestion] Best weapon for the vs medic

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Kanelbullen300, Dec 14, 2015.

1. OwlMatt

TBH, my favorite VS medic rifle is the default Pulsar VS1. It's accurate, it's easy to shoot, it works at any range, and it reloads in no time at all. What I would do is use the Pulsar for awhile, and later after you've put certs into the necessities go get the NS-11A with soft point ammo and whichever rail attachment suits your play style. The NS-11A is basically what the Pulsar wants to be when it grows up.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ximi

The NS-11A for all factions.
  3. Gundem

Honestly, I don't see what's all the hype about it. Could be that VS AR's are mediocre in general, but why go HV-45 when you could Cycler TVR with it's 845 RPM, still controllable recoil ADS and great hipfire as well?

Good Vanu TR AR's are amazing. TVR, Torq, Sabr... hwaoidhaiuwdshiashaindwa
    • Up x 1
  4. Erendil

Yes, the TRV, TAR, and even NC's GR-22 are all better than the HV-45. And VS ARs are all pretty lackluster and tend to be inferior knockoffs to TR/NC counterparts.

But since the OP asked about weapons for VS Medics, the options available to TR and NC aren't exactly relevant.

If you want a close/medium range VS weapon, HV-45 is your best option.
  5. nehylen

The H-V45 and GR-22 are similar enough. it's a choice between bias and horizontal recoil mostly. In fact i do prefer the H-V45 behaviour myself. The only odd thing compared to GR-22, being that the H-V45 tends to reload just a tiny bit slower, when usually VS guns reload faster, even at comparable damage model, as emphasized by the updated Revenant.

As for the TAR i'd say, depends what you do with it. With ALS the TAR is a straight upgrade from the H-V45. However, if you put a grip on it, the H-V45 is superior : horizontal tolerance penalizes TAR with grip in ads, as it does Pulsar VS1/Equinox VE2/Darkstar.
  6. Erendil

Valid points.

The way I see it, the GR-22's lower horizontal recoil and Tolerance makes it slightly but noticeably better since they both have to deal with bias (the GR-22's is more extreme of course). But I could see where the greater and more random bias might give someone more difficulty tho and cause people to not like its action.

However, IMO the 40-round mag on the TAR more than trumps its slightly higher Tolerance since these are close range weapons and you're not going to be using them at ranges where the .2 higher Tolerance is going to make a noticeable difference. 33% more ammo per mag is too big of an advantage, even in a post-HA-Shield-nerf world.

FWIW the HV-45 is generally the worst performing of the three, even among BR100s - although the difference isn't very big.
  7. Ryo313

VS well anything goes since VS is the op faction and devs little babies. XD
  8. Vintorez

Honestly I prefer Eidolon, I prefer to stay just a bit more back than the frontline medics and revive those who have either retreated or are trying to move up to the frontline, so a slightly longer range weapon is ideal for me. But the best part is the smoke launcher, good use of smoke is one of the only ways for a single person to actually swing a large battle. Multiple times have I fired off smoke at the enemy's firing lines and then my allies -immediately- charged in and captured the point after minutes long stalemates.

If you want to be on the frontline, the Equinox VE2 is an AR that can use smoke and other attachments, but in itself is slightly worse than the pulsar. Though, slapping on a HS/NV scope will bring good times, worse stats don't mean much when the enemy can't see you.
    • Up x 1
  9. rasak

Just stick with your disgusting Pulsar until you loathe the entire class enough to switch to something actually combat capable for the Vanu, just like the majority of the faction already has.
  10. Eternaloptimist

HV45 was my personal choice until the max range nerf. I like higher RoF weapons that are good at both CQC and medium range (think Carnage, TORQ9). I'm back with the Pulsar until I see one that looks good enough to put certs into.