[Suggestion] Best weapon for the vs medic

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Kanelbullen300, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Kanelbullen300

I am currently saving my certs so I can by a new weapon for my medis, but I have no idea what to buy. Any suggestions?
    • Up x 1
  2. DarkStarII

Terminus?
    • Up x 3
  3. StaHoo33

I'm using NS weapon on most occasions its very versatile and flexible, and tbh i switch to cqc (HV) on very small percentage of fights... Its great all round weapon but if you want to be rly focused on encounters then NS for long head shots, terminus for med / close and hv for close imho.
  4. Eternaloptimist

Personally I prefer higher RoF weapons on any class for close up work, so long as longer range performance isn't punished too badly for those times when it is too far to walk to get into CQC range. I tried out the CME and the HV45 (I think that's what it is called) in VR. Both pretty good at various ranges although the HV45 was a bit bit less accurate at really long range. But then you could slap a fore grip on it - something I don't usually bother with on ARs. All depends on your play style. I don't play Medic a lot but when I do I like to run as an aggressive assault type with some healing ability.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kanelbullen300

The NS-11A (for example) is an amazing weapon, but it does not really become useful for me, as I don't prefer the ranges where the NS-11A shines. But It does work good in cqc if you can land headshots. I think the terminus will work best for me as it is a sort of good allround weapon.
  6. Kanelbullen300

I mostly play medic at these big fights where you can just farm certs all day, and sometimes on normal scale fights aswell (it depends on if im tired of LA or not). So I guess something for close to medium range would be useful
    • Up x 1
  7. Erendil

In that case your choice would be either the HV-45 or Terminus.

For CQC, the HV-45 is king. Fastest TTK, tight hipfire COF (if you're the type that hipfires on occasion), .75x ADS movement modifier. It's a beast up close.

The Terminus is basically the love child of the Pulsar And HV-45 and is a good compromise between the two. Some people find the HV-45 a little too inaccurate/uncontrollable for their liking, and in those cases the Terminus is a good alternative.
    • Up x 2
  8. Kanelbullen300

I have played cqc inf alot so hipfire might work. I think that the H-V45 is the best for me..
  9. haldolium

HV45, best weapon. The Corvus can be quite nice as well, but for longer ranges.

Both have awesome feedback. I personally dislike the NS11A a lot, since it sounds and feels like shooting peas at cardboard and audiovisual feedback is key to enjoying any gun for me.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kanelbullen300

The H-V45 cost 650 certs aswell, right?
  11. DarkStarII

Yes.
  12. Kanelbullen300

And that makes it a better choice
    None of the other one come close to the H-V45's performance, right?
  13. DarkStarII

Not really sure :(
  14. Kanelbullen300

Well then, I guess the H-V45 is my weapon of choice. Thanks everyone for your advice
  15. nehylen

The NS-11A shines at all ranges: .75ads, good stock hipfire (equivalent to H-V45) and SPA make it good in CQC, low RoF/good control/low CoF/highest velocity make it good at longer ranges.
    The NS-11A is blatantly overpowered.

On the VS side, i find that overall there are 3 ARs outclassing the others: NS-11A, Equinox Burst and Terminus. H-V45 if you really want high RoF and .75ads, but the difference in efficiency with Terminus is not significant enough to lose that much control+accuracy in my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  16. Orakel

Terminus since all other VS medic weapons sucks vs TR&NC medic weapons... big ty to SOE/DB
    • Up x 1
  17. Armcross

The S variant for hardcore support role, because underbarrel smoke. Smoke grenade is great for keeping your revives alive and not instantly killed again as they get up. Also great for encouraging push.
  18. Kanelbullen300

Why only the Equinox burst? The Equinox is exactly the same thing except that it features a full-auto mode aswell... and it has the same attachments aswell. Or am I wrong?
  19. nehylen

It's not, the name is confusing. If you want to have better readability of VS guns you may consider the Equinox VE2 as the "Pulsar VS1 S" (verSatile), and the Equinox VE2 Burst as "Pulsar VS1 B" (Burst).
    The same name trickery exists with NC carbine (Gauss Compact Burst could be named "AF-19 B").

The Equinox Burst has the same basic stats as a Pulsar VS1 (RoF, damage, velocity), but:
    - HVA available (not much but it's here if you want it)
    - much lower first shot vertical recoil for higher ads accuracy
    - much lower horizontal tolerance (better behaviour on series of 2+ shots)
    - much tighter ads cone of fire (half of the VS1's)
    - default horizontal recoil is almost as low as the VS1+foregrip.. so you can put a laser sight and have both better ads accuracy+ better hipfire accuracy than a VS1+grip! (though default hipfire is less accurate than VS1)

I regard the VS1 as a mediocre gun, its Equinox sister gun ("Pulsar VS1 S") as bad, and the Darkstar as an acceptable alternative, no more (horizontal tolerance kills those 3 guns). Yet i have the highest opinion of the Equinox Burst which is vastly superior.
    So it boils down to: can you accept the burst mechanic or not? If you can, you have a very good gun available, albeit not quite as good as a Terminus in general, but still very, very potent.
    • Up x 2
  20. Dualice

H-V45 is a monster in CQ. I would recommend using a forward grip and capitalizing on the .75 ADS, it's far more accurate than hipfire and will give you more range.

The Terminus for me feels like a more stable T1 Cycler, albeit with a smaller magazine/battery and faster reload. A very capable all-rounder, handles CQ pretty nicely, but the H-V45 will probably kill a bit faster there, and have superior mobility. I personally really like the noise the Terminus makes, but I know it's a turn-off for some.

Guess it depends if you want to have something more CQ-orientated or a bit more versatile. I believe the H-V45 is a bit cheaper than the Terminus though.

Definitely with you there. The whole Pulsar/Equinox family is a bit of a let-down for me. Though haven't tried the Burst variant yet, admittedly.