Best VS lmgs? best way to get Beetelgeuse?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Mazdam, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Mazdam

Is the Betelgeuse worth it? im in love with SVA right now, but Orion seems really good too. Is the grind worth? i just need 3 auraxium more, i already did Flare and SVA, orion only 300kills left. Which one should i grind after Orion? Which ones the best after SVA flare and Orion?

Thanks in advance
  2. Skiptrace

Well, right there are the 3 best VS LMG's... the Pulsar LSW isn't a bad option. the Polaris is good for CQC fights, though it has a higher TTK due to it's moderate ROF. If you like the Orion for long ranges you can use the Ursa for long ranges just like the Orion, though with a slightly different TTK due to lower fire rate.
  3. Onhil

On my way to get the Betelgeuse I first went with the SVA-88. Second the Flare. Third Ursa. Fourth NS-15M and finally to get the right feel with the Betelguese the Orion.

Overall in my experiences my list from worst to best are as following 6. Flare. 5. Orion. 4. Ursa. 3. NS-15M. 2. SVA-88. 1. Betelgeuse.

Though you could look at my stats with the same weapons, but you have to remember this when I started with the SVA-88 i was pretty new to playing HA. However I'm currently going to do all the weapons again on my VS alt on Cobalt and I'm in love with the SVA-88 again.
  4. Mongychops

For your last two, I would suggest:

Pulsar LSW: Very cheap to buy and equip (only need 100 certs + 100 for the grip), while you will find it disappointing compared to the Orion or SVA-88, it isn't too bad it has a reasonable balance of damage output and accuracy, I just wish it had something interesting (like 0.35 ADS moving accuracy). It's a weapon that isn't a slog to auraxium, but you don't usually pick it up much afterwards.

NS-15M: While it is expensive and low RoF, it gets 0.75x ADS, SPA, and is the only VS LMG with 0.35 ADS move accuracy, the short reload is fantastic as well.

Options I do not like so much:

Polaris: It's not awful, however, since the LMG hipfire nerf, there is no reason to use the ALS, which previously was its most interesting feature (ability to hipfire headshots), I feel that the NS-15M does pretty much the same thing (yes I know the mag size difference, but the reload time difference mostly makes up for that). On the plus side, SPA is still useful, the 100 magazine size is a novelty for VS, and at least it's cheap so go with this if you don't want to fork out for the NS-15M.

Ursa: It's very expensive (1000 certs), doesn't really have the accuracy to make up for its low RoF, and is far too similar to the Flare. It does have a pretty quick short reload for its damage / mag, and is the most accurate stationary VS LMG, I never really enjoyed it, but perhaps if I bothered to aim for headshots more I could warm to it.
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

I personally did the following.

Flare, Orion, SVA-88, Polaris, NS-15.

Polaris, contrary to popular belief, is actually a pretty decent LMG since it has similar accuracy stats to the NS-15, can equip SPA (which is the best attachment in the game) and a decent ROF along with the largest stock damage per magazine on the VS. It doesn't have 0.75 ADS like the Orion/SVA/NS-15 or even great DPS, but I found it worlds better than the Ursa and Pulsar.

The NS-15 trades DPS for accuracy and a lightning fast reload speed with 0.75 ADS. It's very much a "get headshots or die" LMG but once you master it you'll be that much better with every other gun since it really trains you to aim for the head at all times.
  6. Shanther

Orion
    SVA
    LSW
    Polaris
    Flare

That is what I did (not specificly that order)
  7. Mootar

Orion
    SVA
    NS-15
    Flare
    LSW

That's what I found to be the most painless route to BG.
  8. Dumpsterprophet

no mention of the ursa?
  9. MorganM

Go with the NS 15M. It's litterally better in every aspect except RoF over the Orion.