Best VS Carabine close-mid range?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Agiond, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Erendil

The Zenith is a carbine w/ an Identity crisis. It has features for both CQC and long range, as well as for both hipfiring and aimed fire.

• It has the tightest default hipfire CoF (tied w/ the VX6-7) and has access to the Adv Laser, but it doesn't have the damage output of the other CQC carbines (VX6-7, Serpent), so IMO it's only okay at CQC hipfiring.
    • By the same token, it's the only VS carbine w/ .75x moving ADS multiplier, and one of two that has the Adv Foregrip (Pulsar C being the other), so you'd think it'd be great at aimed fire, but it's vertical & horizontal recoil are both really bad (about on the same level as the VX6-7/Serpent), as is its Horizontal Tolerance, so it jumps all over the place w/o attachements. So by default it's not that great at ADS combat either.

Thankfully if you slap on the Adv Foregrip, it's controllable enough to become a good close/medium range weapon. It's also just about the only weapon I equip w/ a compensator on a regular basis due to its jumpy nature.

Yep, that's exactly how I think of it, :cool: and I treat it accordingly: It shines most in the 15-75m range. I avoid CQC when I can since a 30-round Orion is not all that great of a CQC weapon without an HA Shield to back it up. I also never equip the ALS since I feel the Adv Foregrip is a necessity and serves it much better.. And its default hipfire CoF is decent enough in a pinch for CQC if I can't avoid it.
  2. Agiond

I've been testing the Zenith a lot on VR (can't afford a 1000 cert purchase right now) but i feel that the zenith is going to be my weapon. That .75 ADS can make me forget about its bad recoil.
  3. Iridar51

Yeah, I know that. Just didn't want to drown the guy in the game mechanics :)
  4. Bankrotas

You need to throw them into the deep end...