Best VS Carabine close-mid range?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Agiond, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Agiond

I've tested all VS carabines on VR, but my lack of expertise on these weapons only allow me to see the basics. I want to chose a weapon i can auraxium without feeling "That other weapon would be better".

Solstice is a beast. But why do you think it's better than Pulsar for close to mid engagements?

The serpent and VX6 have the lowest min damage in VS carabines. Isn't that a big downside on medium range? Also, i've found their recoil (serpent and VX6) a bit more difficult to control than the other carabines. Tho with training that wouldn't be such an issue
  2. Bankrotas

Question lies, what range do you consider "medium" range engagements. Cause anything near minimum damage for carbines goes to medium-long range.
  3. Corezer

The .75 ads one is pretty good...
  4. Bankrotas

But honestly, why not Zenith? It's like mini Orion with AFG/ALS...
  5. Agiond

I don't know. People seems to hate that gun, tho it seems it could fit what i'm asking for.
  6. Pat22

The VE3'd easily controllable recoil makes it effective up to 3.4x scope range while the higher fire rate than the Pulsar C keeps it more viable in closer ranges.
    The Pulsar C is also an excellent carbine, second favorite of mine. It'll surpass the VE3 in range and can go up to 4x more easily.
    ( Note that I'm not actually suggesting you use these scopes, just pointing out you can use them effectively with these guns ). Fires slower but hits harder, if you're a good shot it'll do the job most of the time in CQC.
  7. Matt879

Of course they're going to be more difficult to control, they both have very high fire rates :p. And stats don't mean everything, the serpent with a foregrip is controllable enough at medium range, which means that you can spew out bullets so fast and accurately that damage doesn't really matter all that much.
  8. Vertabrae

There really isn't a "best" gun. One weapon might have the stats you want, or "everyone" uses it for a role. In the end however, it comes down to what works for you.

One thing I suggest, is redoing VR. Most people go there, equip a gun stand and fire at 2 or 3 targets and either love or hate a gun. That's not how to do it.

For one, if you're standing still while your testing a gun out, how accurate is that? How often are you not trying to dodge return for in the field. Also go out into the field, specially as an LA. Fly up into the trees, on top of the rocks. See how the gun feels from all ranges, and angles. Get a buddy to run around with you, and use him for target practice.

You'll get a much better feel for how the gun works in game, as opposed to just standing still and shooting at the, 10-50th targets.
  9. ATRA_Wampa-One

There really isn't a bad VS carbine. The VX6-7 is fantastic, the Serpent is a bullet hose, the Pulsar C is literally the best carbine in the game, the Zenith is great, and it's only because our other carbines are so good that our default seems mediocre when the reality is it's a great carbine in it's own right.
  10. Agiond

I know there's no "best" gun, i just want to know my options and hear some opinions from people way more experienced with those weapons than me.

I've tested all VS carabines on VR, moving arround and trying to make things look real, but those dummies don't shoot back, nor use cover, nor move. That's why i'm asking opinions from experienced players, to know how they feel with those weapons that i've just started trying.

So far, and basically for how easy to use they are, Solstive VE3 and Pulsar C are high in my list. I'd like to love the Serpent, but that left recoil kills me. I've really tried to like that weapon, but that left recoil always ***** on me. VX6 does great, tho i need way more practice with its recoil to really be effective at midrange.
    And the Zenith... there's something odd with that weapon. I don't know what it is, but there's something that feels wrong.
  11. cruczi

It has seriously weird stats, at least.
    • Rate of fire is 723 RPM... Not 652, not 698, not 750... but 723. (What?)
    • Horizontal recoil is 0.2465 to 0.2748. Yeah. There must be some very important reason it is not simply 0.25 to 0.275. With grip equipped, the maximum horizontal recoil has six decimals.
    • It has vertical recoil of 0.295. Not 0.3. With compensator equipped, vertical recoil has five decimals.
    • First shot multiplier is 2.4. Many weapons have 2.5... the Zenith just wants to be different.
    • Recoil angle... 4 deg to 5 deg. What? What's the point?
    I think it's designed for hipsters.
    • Up x 1
  12. AmitGr

I suspect someone designed it in imperial units and than auto converted it to metric (or vise versa)
  13. cruczi

Unlikely. RoF is rounds per minute... rounds are not imperial nor metric, and neither are minutes. The recoil numbers are unitless as far as I can tell, as is the first shot multiplier. Degrees are also not imperial nor metric.
  14. Vertabrae

I don't know what it is about the zenith, standing still it's tough for me to hit a target. I mean I get his, but unless it's close enough, I end up missing enough shots for him to either kill me or find cover.

Now if I'm moving, adadad'ing, or just moving forward or whatever, then I'm like a laser beam. no clue why. But it's become my gun of choice in the last month or so, at least when I'm not using the sva.
  15. Shootybob

I really dig the zenith, personally. It's best carbine I've used for use while flying with advanced laser. It's pretty versatile, and kills close pretty darn well.

Might just be my playstyle. I was never truly impressed with the serpent, or the solstices.
  16. Agiond

So you use it as a CQC carabine, right? I felt like it was more suited for medium range engagements. I'll give it another try. Tho i still feel like there's something odd on the weapon.
  17. UnDeaD_CyBorG

A review of the Zenith:

In short: It improves on the Solstices firetrate (+3.5%), ADS speed and hipfire (CQC statistics) in trade for some seriously terrible handling:
    The recoil is higher and horribly jittery, the reload is longer, the projectiles are slower. It's in a way the opposite approach to NS weapons.
    In turn, if you get along with that handling, you get a weapon that's usable nearly everywhere.
    • Up x 2
  18. Shootybob

I use it for that, but wouldn't swear that it's best. Versatility carries a lot of weight with me. I also use it as a can opener.
  19. Extremite

I have been a fan of the Serpent since I first bought it way back when. It's still a pretty amazing rifle for CQC and I'm not half-bad with it at medium ranges either. It's my go-to weapon for my LA builds. Most of the time.

The Pulsar C, however, may be the most balanced weapon in the VS arsenal. I just recently started using it again after being in some more long range skirmishes and I think I've fallen in love. Very controllable gun with a good damage model.
  20. vanu123

Zeinith is what is supposed to be our close - mid range option.
    Mid range is the solstice
    Close range can either be the VX6-7 or Serpent
    Long range is the pulsar C.
    • Up x 1