Best VS Carabine close-mid range?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Agiond, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Agiond

Yup, which VS carabine do you think is best for close-mid range?

I've seen Vonic using the VX6 with 3'4 scope doing well at mid range, but that guy is from another galaxy so i'm not sure if that is "viable".

So which are the "real" options for just an average player?
  2. Iridar51

"Close med" pretty much defines any carbine.
    • Up x 1
  3. LibertyRevolution

What do you have against the solstice?
    I use a solstice with a laser sight as my close-mid carbine.

For close I use the Sirius SMG.
    For point blank I use the Pandora auto-shotgun with extended mags.
    For ranged I use the Pulsar C.
  4. Agiond

I mean carabines like TR cougar or NC razor, able to be effective at close and kill people at 50m
  5. M2_Bradley

Razor and Cougar are by no means effective at killing people in CQC.
  6. LibertyRevolution

So you want a carbine that wont make you lose if you get in a CQC fight, but is still able to kill people at the far end the VR range?
    Have you considered the default gun, it is called the solstice..

Go to VR... targets at far end are 50m.
  7. Agiond

Yup, the Solstice is the one i'm using by now. Is it worth to get the solstice SF to get SPA or HVA?
  8. LibertyRevolution

Nope, you buy that for the underbarrel for your engineer.
    There is no reason to use the SF as a gun, it has lower ROF, and longer reloads, the only thing it has going for it is the underbarrel.

If you want a carbine that is reliable out to the far end of VR, you are going to need the pulsar C.
    But the Pulsar C will get you dead in CQC if you can't reliably ADS and headshot people. :(
    It is the closet the VS get to an ACX-11.
  9. Iridar51

Closest to Cougar and Razor would be Pulsar C, which I consider to be straight up better than those two guns.
    • Up x 2
  10. Agiond

Pulsar C is better than those 2? Is it as efficient as the Razor in CQC? Because with my NC character i've been able to do quite well with the Razor in CQC and med range.
  11. LibertyRevolution

---------------------Pulsar C--------------------------------------------Razor------------------------
    [IMG]

Both of these guns will get out played by other guns in CQC.
  12. Iridar51

Pulsar C has a bit higher rate of fire, less horizontal recoil before and after attachments and no recoil angle. No bullet drop, but it doesn't really matter, and lower bullet velocity, so that's one downside. No access to Flash Suppressor, and a bit lower recoil recovery, which would hurt if you do a lot of burstfiring.
    Higher vertical recoil, but nothing you can't adjust to, especially considering best in class recoil pattern.

So if you were doing fine with Razor, you're going to be better with Pulsar, after a short adjustment period.
  13. Agiond

I've just realized something. You've said that the Pulsar C doesn't have horizontal recoil, isn't it? Then why it has AFG available?

So which attachements are best for Pulsar?
  14. Iridar51

It has less horizontal recoil. With advanced forward grip, Pulsar C has the least horizontal recoil out of all non-burst carbines, but it still has some. Whatever attachments you used for Razor would work here.
  15. cruczi

16. LibertyRevolution

You know how NC guns have mainly vertical recoil, that is what the pulsar C has. It is the most "NC" gun the VS get.

The normal attachments would be forward grip, compensator, and HVA.

The recoil is manageable without attachments, but since it sucks at hipfire and you are going to ADS all the time, use the grip/comp.
    But if you are low on certs, the Grip/comp are not a necessity.

Go to VR. Test it them out.
  17. Redwave

I would have to say the Pulsar C is the right carbine for you in mid-range to long ranges. This gun is best with 1x or 2x reflex sights, adv. forward grip, hva and compensator/suppressor (both are optional)
  18. Matt879

My vote goes to the serpent. The VX-6 is good at it as well, but with a foregrip the serpent is better at medium range and still absolutely shreds enemies up close.
  19. Pat22

Honestly, the basic Solstice VE3 is a pretty solid weapon. definitely my favorite carbine.
  20. Bankrotas

Pulsar C also has 0.3 H tollerance which is lowest in the game for automatic weapons. Thing with AFG it has almost lowest horizontal recoil in the game.