Best Vanu Shotgun pls?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Mazdam, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Mazdam

Im new to shotguns, which one is better? im trying the free semi auto shotgun they gave, while i think it is cool i really think that there must be 1 way better out there. Any tips are appreciatte pls!!
  2. _itg

I'd stick with the default if I were you. Other than pump-action vs. not pump-action, the differences between the shotguns are fairly minor, and there are better uses of your certs for anyone who has to ask the question. That said, here's a quick rundown of the shotguns:

Thanatos - default
    Nova - 2 more rounds in the magazine, longer reload, wider spread (shorter range).
    Baron - Lower RoF, longest range thanks to its narrow spread.
    Pandora - auto shotgun. Faster RoF, widest spread. Probably the easiest to use for most people.
    Phobos, Diemos - Pump-action shotguns. They fire very slowly but kill in one hit. Differences between the two are negligible.
    • Up x 2
  3. ATRA_Wampa-One

Pandora is the full auto shotgun which is nice if you just need to kill 1-2 people before waiting a while to reload.

Phobos is the better of the two pump action shotguns IMO since while it has one less pellet than the Deimos, it has a much faster refire rate which is huge.

Baron is the "long range" shotgun since it is the only shotgun in the game outside of the directive ones and the Jackhammer that has the "smart choke" attachment.
  4. _itg

This is not accurate. The Jackhammer and Baron each have a 2.5 degree spread, lower than any other shotguns, but neither have access to the smart choke, which is only available to the Mag-scatter and directive shotguns.
  5. Khallixtus

2.5 is tiny spread. I don't play VS, but I do run into a lot of shotguns, largely Death (Thanatos). It seems to be the standard, well-rounded semi auto shotgun, but isn't especially effective in any way. The Pandora is interesting, because the way I see it, you can easily run head-on at someone whilst sprayign shotgun pellets until you get close enough to kill him.
    The pump-action shotguns, Fear and Panic (should I call them by their in-game names, or what they mean?), are completely different, made for CQC fighting and being able to land that one good shot on enemies which will one shot them.
    If you want to start trying shotguns, go with the default, they are always well-rounded (and often the best) of the guns of that category.
  6. KoRneY

Pump action Deimos is slightly more reliable in delivering one shot kills, as it has more pellets. This is a pretty key thing to consider when picking between them.
  7. 0fly0

There is no really "better" shootgun it depend your playstyle, if you want to be able killing target at medium range you have:
    1: baron, less spread that other shootgun.
    2: (the version i use) pandora with extend mag, slug ammo, like it's a full auto the slug is not such a problem at close and it give such a nice medium range capability.

if what you want is getting really close and kill fast you have:
    1: default pandora
    2: deimos if you're sure to not miss your shoot

If you're not sure try a litlle more with the default shootgun and you're going to see what you like the most, those are the 3 best shootgun you can find, nova just give little more pellet but more spread, no better than the default one.
  8. Skiptrace

All Shotguns across the 3 Factions have identical stats. So, just figure out what shotgun you like and run with it, there's no "best Shotgun"
  9. iSpank

there are no better shotguns, it depends on your skills and play style. if you are really good with aim go for pump action shotgun (1 hit kills , slower rof, unforgiving if you miss) or else your default semi-auto shotgun with a extended mag is best bet.
  10. Drag0

Shotguns need a little buff.