Best TR SMG for engagements up to 30m?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by KuroPredator, Apr 18, 2018.

1. KuroPredator

Deciding between the Armistice and the new Jackal with all attachments considered. I can adapt to the hybrid suppressor but I'm not sure if it reduces damage/maximum damage range like a normal suppressor. I want to be able to engage both indoors and outdoors reliably
  2. VhynSeven

Suppressor reduces muzzle velocity, so trying to hit targets far away with a suppressor will be harder as your bullets will be slower and have more drop. Especially on the Jackal, which goes from 400m/s to 200 m/s. But it has no effect on damage output.
    Apprt from that, looking at TTK only, the Armistice is better than the Jackal, as its higher RoF offsets its lower damage profile. However, missing shots will be more penalizing. The Jackal, on the other hand, is quite the laser beam when it comes to accuracy.

To be honest, the Jackal is rather weird, it is kinda meh at CQC, being out-performed by almost any CQC-oriented weapon, while retaining a laser beam like accuracy at range, which isn't that good considering its SMG damage profile.
  3. HYPERBAD

I'd go with the Jackal if I were you, as the maximum damage range for the Armistice is at 125 at 6m. Anything after that and it starts to dip. If you want an effective and versatile SMG for CQC, you should look into the NS-7 PDW. It doesn't have the killing efficiency of something like the Hailstorm or Armistice but the tradeoff is versatility. The Jackal isn't a bad option either. Try comparing the two in Koltyr or looking at their stats and seeing which one suits your playstyle/preference.
  4. Eternaloptimist

I run NS7 PDW with comp and foregrip. It is like having a carbine. Worth a try unless you are only interested in ES models.
    • Up x 1
  5. Havic

Agree with this 100% by far the best smg imo, jackal is great for cqc only, but i would still prefer armistice over it.
  6. SupaFlea

I Myself will always put stock in the Armitice. basically it will beat almost every gun in the game toe to toe if you can land all your shots on the face. Granted it doesnt give you much chance for a follow up kill if there is a 2nd target but 1 of 1 should be yours from 5m-25m roughly.

That said the Jackal i find is very good for the 20m-50m but ROF doesnt help in CQC