Best TR carbine for close/medium range?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by WhiskeyPriest37, Dec 11, 2012.

1. WhiskeyPriest37

Hi, I'm new to PS2, rolled a TR and I'm loving the LA class.

Trying to figure out what my first weapon will be. After everything I've read, I think I'm leaning toward the Jaguar. The thing is, though, I watched a lot of videos of l33t people with the Jaguar, and I don't play quite as close ranged as they do.

I enjoy CQC, but mostly I like "perch" shots... I jetpack up to a ledge or outcrop of rock, someplace not very noticeable, and shoot down at the action beneath me. I just like the feeling of that style-- killing from the rafters =) Many of those shots are close range, but I'd say at least half are medium. I wind up looking down the sights more than hip firing.

How does the Jaguar do at those short-medium range shots? Should I be considering something else instead, like an AMC?
  2. ElTango

I personally use the AMC, compensator, adv foregrip and x4 scope. I run into battle, find a nice perch spot and sit there killing people until I run out of ammo and have to jump down and get into melee fights with my pistol until I die.

I know some people don't like the AMC and I do not blame them, I am currently working towards getting a jaguar, I tried to trial it but it is difficult to test its role without specific upgrades.

When everything goes smoothly, I get around 5-6 kills with my carbine before having to do suicide runes.

Fair warning, when you hop into the meat grinder of a complex interior, expect tough times.
  3. MarlboroMan-E

I like my AMC for medium to long distance work, with 2x reflex, fore grip, suppressor, HV ammo, but a lot of people don't like this carbine for some reason.. Fixing to buy the Lynx for close up work. TRAC 5S is the utility gun that let's you get the under barrel attachments.
  4. Yalk

Honestly...there isn't much difference at all in the different side grades...

I own the AMC, thus far I've been disappointed...the Trac5 does everything it can do but better and it's free...the thought I've had recently though is putting a silencer on it, the higher velocity may counter act the decrease from the suppressor...*shrug* maybe it got a buff in the recent update. (Ads accuracy increased while moving for slow firing carbines) idk

The initial first shot recoil ruins it for medium/long range, not as important for straight medium

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...INE&sortcolid=15&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

If your not happy with the default I'd get the trac S, for the mod ability in attachments...
  5. Warstrider

Agreed on the Trac-5 S. It'll let you try out every attachment and create a bunch of different different configurations. It is not quite the beast that the Lynx/Jaguar is up close, but it's a lot more versatile, and you'll get your share of kills getting the drop on folks with it. If you're not into spending $, 500 certs is not an insurmountable requirement.
  6. ackerx

Jaguar is probally the best CQC carbine atm It's a direct upgrade from Lynx. If you want something that hold close/medium you should try TRAC-5 S or normal TRAC-5.
  7. {joer

I like my lynx with adv laser sight, but I haven't played post patch, moving so no high speed Internet for a few days.
  8. P149U3

T5 AMC is the best
  9. Satanam

I'd use Jaguar fist, then buy a Trac-5 S for your 2nd Light Assault. You'll know why if you read the above posts. :p