Best shotgun?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dead soldier, Apr 14, 2013.

1. ParanormalAstral

After the recent nerves you should defenitly go for a pumpaction.
    here is a comparison of the 2 pumps available ;D

yeah used it for very long but after the recent nerves the nova is just meh, even in cqc. i personally find slugs very very inaccurate and hard to justify over a carbine.
  2. S0LAR15

I think he can trust me since I posted my stats (my shotgun use is probably the highest I've seen in this thread and among the top on my server) and I posted the weapon stats to corroborate this.

Thanatos and Phobos and you'll be rocking.

I know people online never like to admit being wrong or making a bad move, but the Nova is a turd. Bigger spread, longer reload, smaller ammo pool, slower pellet velocity, all for two more shells, which doesn't matter since your extended mag on the Thanatos gives you +4. The only thing the nova is good for is to use as a BR with slug ammo and utilize it's better selection of optics for different ranges. But seeing as slugs are semi pointless anyway..........it still falls to the bottom of the pack. At best it's even with the Pandora for joint worst, either way though, it comes no where close to the other three.
    • Up x 1
  3. Lampenfieber

The thing is, i buy NC Claw because i like the damage, range etc... then they nerf, so i want my money back, becuse if i test this "new Claw" i dont want, its like piston, sweeper etc... its trash now

Because of this no more money to SOE, if they gonna nerf every new weapon i prefeer to play with the defaults
  4. BalogDerStout

I've toyed with all the Vanu shotguns, they are all pretty good and might come down to taste. I recommend trialing them all. My choices were for the Nova over the Thantos, in the end I bought the Phandora because the auto-shotty was more fun, despite doing better with the Nova.

In the end, any shotgun will help you immesly in CQC fights. Trial them, pick the one you like best. No the VR room doesn't count for trialing. Actually bring them to a fight. Remember any gun you buy WILL be using extended mags.
  5. ironeddie

I actually like the serpent in CQC which isn't a shotty, I do use when in the mood the Phobos which I find can be devastating. I bought a semi auto forget its name I never took to it, which its just a personal choice thing. Perhaps it's worth trying them all in VR & seeing which feels right.
  6. nitram1000

I've gone on killstreaks with my Deimos much higher than any killstreak I ever got with my Nova. I now use Nova for slugs and Deimos for cqc, it is just so funny one shotting people, i almost feel bad :(
  7. LowTechKiller

You're right, which means we all have 2 choices to make from now on...
    DO we actually get it (because it's gonna get nerfed), and if so, WHICH one?
  8. FnkyTwn

I think the 2nd Gen PAs are a trap.

They want to sell more Gen 1s, and eventually they're gonna buff the Gen 2s.

So people who were on the fence waiting until the Gen 2s came out.. they
    are still counting on you buying the Gen 1, and then eventually everybody
    will go with the Gen 2 after it's buff makes it clearly better. Like SMGs.
  9. GSZenith

Nova for all around***
    demios (or something like that) for the looks and sound + cousin to blackjack.
  10. Dead soldier

I know it's a good carbine but I want a gun for medic, light assualt, Heavy, even engineer
  11. Goretzu

I think that's the best advice.
  12. ST4LK3R