Best primary for the VS engineer?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Vanu Sting, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Acuta

I have 3 loadouts, 3 weapons.

Loadout 1 is my Nova with extended mag and I threw an IRNV on there just for giggles.

Loadout 2 is Pulsar C with 2x Reflex, Comp, and forward grip. Gun was "free" with Alpha Squad, and I like it.

Loadout 3 is Eidolon with just a 4x scope on it right now. Haven't dropped anymore certs on it (yet)
  2. FreelancePanic

My three loadouts are:

CQC:
    VX6-7 with 1x reflex and foregrip

Sniper:
    Eidolon with 6x scope and foregrip

Nade launcher:
    Solstice SF with 1x reflex and grenade launcher

The VX6-7 can melt enemies incredibly fast at close ranges (across the room), I use the foregrip to help control recoil over longer ranges.

The Eidolon is great for harassing enemy snipers, given their fast firing rate and no scope sway on the 6x scope. I'll be swapping this out for a Nova with slugs given that the damage per bullet for battle rifles at the moment is quite low.

The Solstice SF is quite disappointing in dealing damage (especially when compared to the VX6-7), but its utility makes up for it, the grenade launcher is practically my primary weapon while using this loadout.
  3. Imps

I love the Thanatos. Trialed it and never bothered with another gun. No slug, take the extended mag, and the red dot 1.4x sight. You have to use the pistol for mid/long range engagements, but it suffers no drop, so if you have the Manticore you're golden. I've already knocked out my 1200 kill badge to get the 100 certs, and it was a *blast*.