Best patch in a while! Huge quality of life improvements!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MorganM, Jun 19, 2014.

1. MorganM

Liberator adjustments aside; here's my favorites that were making this game so frustrating!

• Soldiers who place explosives will now get an assist xp award if they are detonated by someone else and the explosion kills an enemy.
    • The thrown ammunition package is now a physics object and is no longer in the deploy system. This will allow it to be thrown anywhere.
    • Added spotting voice callouts for spotting both deployed enemy Sunderers and enemy spawn beacons.
    • Adjusted lag compensation to improve overall responsiveness.(we'll see what this truly means but I like the concept)
    • Increased collision size of placed Spawn Beacons so that they’re easier to shoot and hit with explosives.
    • Fixed various crashes. (stability has been trash last few months for me; this should help!)
    • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players to spawn at unwanted locations due to deployment spawn list changing. (FINALLY! This pissed me off soooooooo much because it usually happend when I was quickly tring to redeploy to save a base with less than a minute left. Sometimes I ended up on the wrong CONTINENT!)
    • Gateshield Diffuser will now function properly when activated while holding A or D (as funny as it was to watch enemy sunderers bounce of a shield at full speed despite having GSD enabled... it's a much welcomed fix!)
    • Weapon sights will once again work correctly in VR Training. (this was really annoying; thanks!)
    • Fixed throwable physics objects, such as ammo packs and tank mines, not being thrown if activated while the player was sprinting. (YES YES YES! This was so frustrating because if you were trying to throw these in the heat of an engagement you usually died because you had to totally stop THEN deploy them)

Big ups to the dev team for this awesome patch! Thank you!
    • Up x 9
  2. LIKE A BOSS!

Only a half of those you will notice. The rest will be replaced with new problems.
    • Up x 4
  3. Axehilt

Sweet, just one more beta bug remaining (/region chat periodically breaking) and we can launch this game!
    • Up x 1
  4. a-koo-chee-moya

Heh, I can already imagine the things I could do with the Solstice SF under barrel grenade launcher in the back of a harasser.
    Though the specific parts of this patch are good, it took SOE a while to implement them. left click to heal and right click to res should've been live in the beginning, as well as the deployment screen.
  5. PlatoonLeaderG

Agree with you so much,this is the best update ever.I cant play at all for 2 months as i come late from work and i m tired but when i m done with it and begin again the rest of my college years(only 2 left!) i m gonna have a blast!
  6. MorganM

Jaded much? Jeez.... I liked these points specifically because I WILL actually notice them.

Eat a bag of Higbys man; can't even give them some credit when it's due.
    • Up x 5
  7. LIKE A BOSS!

Are you mad m8? Just telling you the truth.
  8. Jbrain

reduce c4 dmg by 50% put it into the deployable.. I see nerfs every week and it shocks me that the current c4 hasn't been nerfed.. its all I ever see in base capture/max rushes anymore... 5 flying fairys with c4 or suicide c4 flashes vs sundies...
  9. Axehilt

The reason for this is C4 isn't overpowered. It's only "all you ever see" in those specific tower situations where the attackers have already won and are recklessly piled outside the spawn (but only the mid-level one) practically begging to be C4'd. Everywhere else, the risk is mostly balanced with the reward (for me, it's rare that I even bother using it, since vehicles are nearly always the better way to get the job done. Why would I choose a one-shot high-risk playstyle over something that kills vehicles just as easily but has the ability to sustain that damage? I'll still use it if I happen to be infantry and have fought my way to a place where I can sneak in on the enemy sunderer, but it's not something I go out of my way to use.)
  10. Epic High Five

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all the skygod tears because they lose all their "best in game at absolutely everything" loadouts :D

Everything else is just gravy
    • Up x 2
  11. Alizona

If they ever nerf C4 I'll probably ragequit. C4 takes FOREVER AND A DAY to place it and then detonate it. If you disagree with me, then you've obviously never tried to put all four C4's onto a Sunderer while the enemy has realized you're there. You don't have anywhere near enough time to do that. Usually I get two down, get killed and they're wasted.

C4 does NOT NEED A NERF, DARN IT!
    • Up x 2
  12. LIKE A BOSS!

You know I'm no skygod by looking at my kdr
  13. Epic High Five

Always gonna be problems. It's a huge and complicated game. Let those problems come from excellent additions, I say

And let them be crazylegs and machine gun dick graphical bugs, I also say
  14. LIKE A BOSS!

The bugs are only good if 1. They don't harm the game 2. They make me OP.
  15. Cinnamon

Every balance change can make me OP because I can play a different way or on a different character.

But this patch is pretty good. I feel like this thread has been derailed somehow.
  16. m44v

It only took one year and a half.
  17. Psycho13

The Hackfest likes updates that don't disrupt their hax.....
  18. Phyr

The current player base can't handle the epicness of crazylegs.
  19. DHT#

I'm not sure if the lag improvements worked. I've had several fights today where I put roughly 2x the normal amount of ammo into someone and they still didn't drop. But I also seemed to be living longer, so maybe it's happening on their side, too.
  20. Tito

Fix the game soe fix the netcode