Best NC SMG

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Cozert, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Timeraider

I like Cyclone better.. have used both and tested alot (now also in the VR) and i simply prefer the Cyclone.

The new Blitz SMG therefor in my opinion is good in:
    - When you run into big enemy groups and just want to take down as much as you can before dying yourself
    - Trying to run into big groups and want to take down as much as possible and try to get away
    - If you prefer hipfire ALOT over ADS and usually go for spray and pray

when in my opinion cyclone is better:
    - 1v1 when you know where the enemy is or could be
    - close combat fights where the enemies are more likely to come on small groups with chance on hiding
    - Fighting groups/players by attacking in the back, not head-on

I dont like making mistakes.. i dont like missing bullets... thus for not doing that Cyclone is more rewarding.

If you prefer hipfire and tend to miss alot.. sure, Blitz is better

(btw.. ofcourse using the Extended magazines and i myself also use ammunition belt :p)
  2. r3bornbs

I pretty much agree with Timeraider on everything he said, but imho he exaggerated some of the points
    I am myself a kind of a player who lands most of the shots, i play hard hittting slow firing weapons mostly and i like them - that's why i chose NC for my first character. But if you get caught up close by some random light assault - 845rpm on blitz will do better than 652 on cyclone. I've been digging through all the stats in the spreadsheet and it was a pretty hard choice - both smg's are awesome and totally worth it. I dont know if the rounds per minute stat factors in the reload time and mag size, but anyway, cyclone deals 108k dmg per minute, blitz does 105k. If you mostly 'backstab' and flank your opponents, if you have this first shot - cyclone is a great gun, which matches the infiltrator playstyle. Provided you land most of the shots which you should. But as soon as you get out of position, or run out of cloak, i would pick blitz honestly. You cannot guarantee that you make no mistakes or dont miss a lot, even if you are a great player. Sometimes people just pop up on top of your head and you cant do much about it.
  3. r3bornbs

and yes, adv laser sight is a great asset - this is smg, you dont want to ads with it, you want to shoot stuff right as you see it, and win easily unless they have a shotgun
  4. ColdCheezePizza

I've been shot by blitz before in the back, managed to turn around and kill them its that weak, thats never happened to me when jumped by a Cyclone. Blitz is a BB hose, Cyclone is more inline with the hard hitting NC guns IMO
  5. Caydn

Cyclone ftw
  6. ikillyou1990

I love my blitz. I haven't really played around with the cyclone much but the blitz is amazing. Advanced laser sight will make your hip fire accurate to about 50m or so.
  7. Jellyman_E

I really hope they tone them down. SMG's are full auto pistols. they shouldn't be more powerful than rifles.
  8. Silkensmooth

I did some testing with a friend. He put a waypoint down and stood on it, and i shot him from various ranges with both the cyclone and the blitz. What we found is that there was always a 2 to 3 bullet difference in amount of bullets to kill. I had it all written down, the damage from every 5 meters from 50 to 5, but it was always like 7 bullets to kill at 50 meters for the cyclone vs 9 from the blitz. I also did tests with the suppressor and found it barely affected damage, and at the ranges you will be using an smg bullet drop doesnt come into play.

I have killed over 1800 people with the cyclone, and just got over 2k with the blitz. Hopefully ive gotten better and the time spent with each weapon should reflect how good it is, but ive been in vehicles a lot lately whereas i rarely ever used them with the cyclone. My engineer uses the blitz too, just cause i only use him for vehicles, and i find it easier to kill people with the gun i have certed out and im used to using. Anyway even with all the time in vehicles it has taken me only slightly longer to get 2k with the blitz.

So the other day i put the cyclone on again and i really liked it. I like the blitz better though, and heres why. Advanced laser sight. I was very much an ADS guy when i started with the SMG as i had only ever used a rifle before that, and i almost never used hipfire for the cyclone. When i got the blitz i decided that if i wanted to be good at cqc, and i did, that i needed to hipfire more, so i bought the advanced laser sight, and once i got used to it omg what a difference. You can get the laser sight for the cyclone of course, but then you dont get the extended mag.

If the Cyclone had 35 bullets per mag and you could run the advanced laser i would never use the blitz. But the advanced laser along with 50 bullets is better. Its still close, and im thinking about trying the cyclone with the advanced laser and no extended mag because i do like the faster reload and higher damage, although with the rof of the blitz ttk is almost identical.

If you just do some simple math, a mag of the blitz does 6250 damage at 10 meters, thats 50 bullets times 125 damage, while the cyclone with 35 rounds does 5845 which is 35 times 167. With 25 bullets in the mag the cyclone only does 4175 damage per mag at 10 meters. Reload time on cyclone is much faster, but if you are reloading mid fight, yer probly gonna die. Usually i kill a guy stealth up and reload so its not that big a deal.

Lastly the blitz is much more forgiving if you miss a few rounds. We all try to be accurate, but if you fight someone who is strafing and yer strafing or obstacles come into play, etc a lot of things, massive loss of framerate lately, can cause you to miss. With the blitz yer probly gonna have enough bullets to finish your enemy, with the cyclone you may not. Spray and pray is not what the advanced laser sight is all about by the way. I would say it requires slightly more skill than the scope due to the fact that you have to cycle your fire to keep the reticle small, but the hipfire will make you much better at cqc.
  9. Zerran

I prefer the cyclone. I use it with an extended mag, silencer, 3.4x crosshair scope (I might use a 2x, but red dot just isn't my cup of tea), and the soft-point ammo.

As a lot of people have said, in almost every case the blitz is better. Pop an advanced laser sight on an smg and you can hipfire all day long, plus the amazing ammo capacity of the blitz.

However, I spend almost all of my time sneaking around and flanking as a CQC infil, picking off people and then dashing away. The last thing I want is a giant red line pointing to me telling everyone "HEY! HE'S RIGHT HERE! KILL HIM NOW!" As such, a laser sight is a bit out of the question.

Additionally, with my hit-and-run fighting style, I have no issue with a reload after each kill, but I want that reload to be fast, which the Cyclone does very well.

TL;DR: Blitz is better for everyone unless you're a CQC Infil, in which case go for the Cyclone.
  10. Timeraider

First of all.. scout rifles are ******* weak, so its not hard to be better then that :D

SMG is strong.. for about.. lets say 30 meters. While rifles stay strong up to way longer distances.
    We NEED to get in close to use SMG and if that isnt tough enough with our weird cloak yet ... any enemy rifle has a shorter TTK mostly

SMG doesnt need to be toned down, its the only thing that actually brought us closer to being reasonably balanced with other classes :p
    • Up x 1
  11. JRyanWOLVERINE

I originally picked up the AF-4 Cyclone and have been very happy with it. Since I primarily use Vanguards / Lightnings, I was looking for an SMG that I could use on all my classes to save on certing up guns to allow me to focus on tanks. I have done pretty well with the Cyclone, especially after I picked up the 35 round mag.

I ended up picking up the Blitz GD-10 when it was on sale the other day for $3.25. I immediately got a silencer on it and wow, I can mop up multiple enemies without being detected, which is awesome. Knowing what I know now, here is what I'd recommend and why.

AF-4 Cyclone:

Get this gun to have a balance between slightly better range and power. With a slower rate of fire, it's easier to control at medium distances, and can be dominant at close range. Adding soft point doesn't slow the bullet velocity too much, and makes it hit even harder in it's designed range. There is really no other logical option other than the mag extension, giving you 10 extra rounds. 25 is not enough, 35 is reasonable. It does reload quickly, which is nice. The compensator did not help much on the muzzle climb, so don't waste the certs. It still kicks like a mule. Get the suppressor or leave it blank. Being off radar with a heavy hitting SMG feels like cheating...

Blitz GD-10:

Get this gun to mop up infantry kills at close ranges, but don't count it out for medium range, you'll just need to dump more rounds. NC guns all hit hard and have bad muzzle climb, and unless you get the foregrip and compensator, it will still kick hard. Go for the red laser and the silencer, and either a 2x RedDot or the 3.4x Crosshair (3.4x RedDot is a huge scope and hurts your hip-fire visibility compared to the low-profile 3.4x Crosshair scope). If you need to look through the scope, you have a little zoom. If enemies are right on top of you, don't bother zooming and let the laser improve your hip fire. Being able to get the laser on the Blitz is a huge advantage over the Cyclone since on the Cyclone, you really have no choice other than the extended mag.

While I have more kills with the Cyclone as of today, I give the edge to the Blitz. 50 rounds stock which allows you the luxury of a red laser which greatly improves your hip fire. Throw on a 2x or 3.4x and you have a huge spectrum of killing power. 4 enemies close by, or 2 at a distance dumping / peppering rounds in their direction. NC weapons have muzzle climb. It is what it is, so try to adjust to the climb rather than dumping certs into minimally correcting it. The suppressor eliminates flash like the flash suppressor and takes you off radar. Soft point ammo is appropriate for NC SMG's. If you wanted more range, you'd be playing as VS or TR. NC specialize in fighting in-your-face, so make the most of it.
  12. Larolyn

Blitz GD-10 - got bad aim? got bad fps? Take this. Spray and pray.

Cyclone - got good aim? got good fps? Take this. Kills so fast the enemy won't be able to react.

NS7-PDW - ever used the full auto scout rifle? This is what this is with better bloom. Engagements at over 30 meters and this one shines. Close up, take up something else.