Best NC mid-long range gun?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Drvillain, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Drvillain

I love my NC LA, but it's really frustrating when I find a good spot to kill fodder, and I have to fire in slow single bursts at mid-long range which in turn give my targets time to run away while taking some dmg. The recoil is pretty hardcore for NC compared to the other factions lol.

Basically, I'm asking for a good mid-long range weapon for LA, I'm currently using the default gun.
  2. Hordak

I would also like to know this. Default gun is alright but there just has to be a better choice.
  3. Drvillain

That's exactly how I'm feeling. I'm able to manage, but its definitely time to look for a better option.
  4. Hordak

Do they still have the weapon trail? If so you can try some that way
  5. Verenz

I play LA only and have used every carbine except the burst gun.

The GD-7f is absolutely not what you are looking for, it has the fastest rpm in the game and the option of a level 2 laser sight (which i have used and it gives it tighter hipfire than the pistol, level 1 laser gives it equal hipfire to pistol) so it is devastating at close range. However it requires 7 bullets to kill (like TR) and has poor accuracy and recoil for mid-long. This is my favourite gun in the game, and is my loadout 1 slot for LA (level 2 laser, reflex, soft points or silencer - never both) which I use for moving around bases to take objectives (silencer if I am first to arrive, soft points otherwise), loadout 1 suits me for most situations but I play VERY aggressively (level 18 NC, only play LA, never used a vehicle, never joined a squad, 3.2-1 KD atm. I have TR for my outfit, VS for my friends, NC is my lonewolf faction). However this gun doesn't sound like what you are looking for.

The AF-X11 might well be worth looking into, it kills in 5 bullets (instead of the default 6) and so I actually find it to be extremely useful in single shot mode. You have to be very careful with trigger discipline, this gun kicks around a lot and has only 20 rounds per mag. On a positive this gun has a faster time to kill than the default carbine. For lnog range this gun has access to the compensator, high velocity ammo and a level 2 foregrip (the AF-19 has access to none of this). I enjoy using this gun, it was my loadout 3 slot which I use when both my team and the enemy have a large presence in an area and I need to get to a high vantage point and rain death into the enemy's flanks from above. Unfortunatly, this role has been usurped by....

The Gauss S, this gun is a straight downgrade to the AF-19 merc. It reloads slightly slower and fires slightly slower but it has access to every attachment, in particular the grenade launcher which can do disgusting things with the right playstyle. I run this with the 2x scope, compensator, grenade launcher and regular ammo (tho I will be experimenting with both of the ammo types next) and it fills my "death from above" loadout perfectly.

Compared to the AF-19 for mid range, you get access to the compensator/high velocity ammo but you lose rate of fire and reload speed, other than that the gun is the same. Rate of fire and reload are both helpful in close quarters (but it isn't a huge difference) so the decision comes down to "are you going to use the attachments", if you can not bring yourself to ever equip something which has a drawback and usually run with just a reflex sight and a laser or foregrip then don't use the Gauss S.

Incidentally my loadout 2 slot is for aggressive rambo flanking and is occupied by a shotgun.
  6. Smokeshot

How do you put the grenade launcher on it? Is it by the scopes or what, i can't find anything different from the mercenary on mine.
  7. Smokeshot

On the Gauss S i mean.
  8. Smokeshot

Oh nm, i have the burst instead, is that any good btw?
  9. Verenz

Read --"I play LA only and have used every carbine except the burst gun."

:)
  10. Rosebloom

Shotgun+3,4x scope + slugs. You can three shot at medium+ ranges. Good stuff that.
  11. Ghoest

THIS!!!!!!

Slugs are not even close to ideal up close but at medium long ranges they are far and away the top choice for LA.
    Also use a semi-auto shot gun with slugs not the piston.