Best NC medic weapon?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by simmi1717, May 28, 2013.

1. lilleAllan

Hmmm Carnage vs Gauss Rifle, numbers:

Carnage has better hipfire, higher RoF, lower damage pr shot, 0.75x ADS movement
    Gauss has better recoil pattern, more damage per shot and pr mag, higher bullet velocity, and you're free to put a laser on there since it's perfectly useable without a foregrip.

I will def try Carnage one of these days, but I suspect the Gauss Rifle will hold the crown.
  2. Psykmoe

For people who are only sometimes Medics, Gauss Rifle with Laser is probably some of the best value for the cost in the game in terms of guns, no joke.

And it's good enough that even frequent medic players don't really need an extra gun except maybe some manner of specialized CQC gun. Things like the Reaper or Carnage are fun and enjoyable, but not really necessary.

And I'm talking as someone who owns and uses every NC assault rifle except Gauss Burst. They're all great fun, but all basically optional.
    • Up x 1
  3. HerpTheDerp

Well, it's hard to beat something free in "Best value".

With that said, Carnage is only 250 certs.

@lilleAllan: damage per bullet is largely irrelevant, unless you plink at people at long range. Carnage actually has higher DPS than the Gauss because of its rate of fire.
  4. thePankakeManne

The default NC1 Gauss Rifle is surprisingly good, believe it or not. Power, range, accuracy, you name it: I couldn't ask for a better starting AR.

If I want more stopping power (say, in a biolab), I always seem to have an LA39 Bruiser hanging around somewhere. :D
    • Up x 1
  5. lilleAllan

I'd rather have a slower RoF, higher damage weapon for ranged encounters, since the recoil is kept down and fewer bullets are needed to kill the target.
  6. Bill Hicks

I love the gauss rifle. the velocity is so sweet that I sometime over shoot enemies cus I keep thinking I need to lead the shot. You will kill so many runners and kill people before they can even blink.

Or get the reaper DMR and murder people at range. Seriously you will scare heavies when they see a medic who can do 200 damage per shot.
  7. Dagonlives

Carnage with the advanced forward grip. It has amazing mobility, and it´s absolutely dead accurate, making it good for all ranges with an impressive fire rate considering how controllable the shots are.
  8. stat30fbliss

I don't understand why I am not seeing many (any?) responses for the Gauss S!

UNDERSLUNG GRENADE LAUNCHER!

The weapon is a beast. I run with a Gauss S on my Medi specced with:

- Underslung Grenade
    - Compensator
    - 4x TrueView (sp)
    - Soft-Point Ammo

It's not just the underslung that sells this gun. Its powerful, low recoil with compensator, multiple fire modes, and lethal at a distance. And only 250 certs to unlock. Do yourself a favor and spec it.
  9. Psykmoe

Gauss Rifle S is an absolute dream to control, probably the best S variant AR or carbine I've tried.
  10. repairtool6

Like many others, I also would say the Carnage best NC option. Or rather best gun in the game actually (after the burst-variants ofc, but these are in a completely different league).
  11. Caydn

12. irishroy

13. TheShrapnelKing

The Gauss Rifle is an excellent default. You're already better off in the damage department than enemy ARs, and the recoil is extremely easy to control, as in noob-friendly easy-as-pie. The one downside, IMO, is that it's COF is a bit wide - you can kill out to mid range but the shots start to fly off target a bit, and it has that annoying side-to-side horizontal recoil that makes it inherently less accurate. Nevertheless, it's very competent at close range what with the higher damage and decent ROF. And of course, it's free. If you're more of a CQB type I suppose you could get the GR22 but I don't think it worth the certs.

The Reaper is my new fav despite the fact that I see pretty much no one use it. Admittedly you get beat in CQB but if you actively avoid CQB and stick to 20m and out you will absolutely rip up your opposition. When standing still this weapon has no COF - the shots go exactly where you aim, so it is perfectly precise. If you're a good shot, this makes it a death sentence for any enemy at mid range who doesn't have a sniper rifle. I'm ****** face with this thing currently so I'm very happy with it. When I go into a biolab I just switch back to the Gauss.
  14. KnightCole

Well, I have a 3.0KD at 85/28 kills on my Medic now. Im running the base NC1 Gauss Rifle. It seems to serve me pretty well. I am still getting into trouble with the 30 round mag cap, as im used to a LMG...but overall, the gun is aight.

I do now see how people claim the HA Shield really is kinda OP. I always did agree taht it was a bit much. I am able to do some crazy feats with my HA. Not quite used to the speed in which my medic dies and not having the shield.

The NC1 Gauss Rifle seems to be a solid weapon for the NC. Good dmg, good RoF, good accuracy.
  15. lilleAllan

Hmm, I believe the Gauss Rifle has up-right recoil and not side-to-side. That's why it's perfectly useable at range without a foregrip.
  16. TeknoBug

I used to swear by the Reaper DMR (I still kinda do) but the Gauss S (long) and GR-22 (close) are amazing in their situation.
  17. TheShrapnelKing

My sight always wobbles back and forth. Unless that's just a visual, in which case they need to get rid of it cuz its not helping. In any case the COF is just a bit too wide to make it good at mid range - that's why I have the Reaper, because it doesn't have a COF.
  18. HeadshotVictim

if you use the IR/NV Scope: that is intended
    if you use a 6x scope: it is intended as well
    all other scopes shouldn't sway
  19. TheShrapnelKing

Why, just to make the NV less useful than it already is?

It doesn't matter, the COF is the main reason I use the Reaper at range.
  20. HerpTheDerp

NV is OP. Unless you're on Esamir there's literally no reason to use any other sight if your weapon allows for the NV.

Sway was added to balance that, because SOE is lazy and unimaginative.