Best NC medic weapon?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by simmi1717, May 28, 2013.

1. simmi1717

Hi guys,

I have been playing mainly LA for 4 months. Been having good fun, but the game's getting a bit boring now. I have 5k certs to spend. I don't know what weapon should I get for the NC medic? People keep admiring assault rifles, but I tried them in VR training and they don't really look all that great. What is the deal with them? Why are they so popular? I checked the stats on the default NC medic primary weapon and it's 600rpm and 167 bullet damage which is the same as AF-19 mercenery on the LA except that it has higher muzzle velocity which might increase the range a little? So tell me what weapon you guys think is the best that you use the most? I already have shotgun.
  2. MrK

If you ask me, the default Gauss is good enough

It is versatile, while keeping the range edge the NC weapons usually have.

As for comparison with carbines, AR are simply more flexible, they lose damage over range slower, so they are better at range, while not losing it CQC.
    • Up x 3
  3. hansgrosse

The default Gauss Rifle is the overall best AR the NC gets imo. It's powerful and handles very well in its stock configuration. If you want a higher rate of fire at the cost of damage-per-round then the GR-22 and the Carnage BR are both excellent choices. If you want a slower-firing rifle that hits like a friggin' semi truck then the Reaper DMR won't disappoint. Really, the NC is flush with great AR's. You just have to figure out which works best for you.

Of course, you could always nab the NS-11A if none of the NC-specific rifles feel right. It's my personal favorite weapon in the game, and a solid all-around choice.

As for why AR's are so popular, I'd say that it's because they're basically more pleasantly-handling LMG's. They definitely feel like the best performing infantry weapons to me in a general sense, but this may be largely a playstyle thing.
  4. Word Of Madness

For close quarters I use the Sweeper. For short-mid range I like the Carnage BR. For mid-long either the Gauss Rifle or NS-11A.

Assault rifles are popular as they are generally easier to control than carbines and LMGs, have less damage drop off than carbines and have higher bullet velocities than carbines, have higher rates of fire than LMGs, their hip-fire accuracy isn't as good as carbines, but is better than LMGs and the magazine is smaller than LMGs. On the whole it's primarily positives for the ARs.
  5. control-z

For close to medium work the GR-22 kicks ***. The rate of fire is impressive. I like it better than shotguns unless you're right in someone's face, then there is no substitute for a shotgun.
  6. Ixidron

Get a shotgun, enjoy the killing.
  7. Fernator

Gun:

GR-22: Advanced laser sight, 1x/2x scope. Does it have SPA? I forgot, but if it can take SPA, take it! ( close range )
    Reaper: HVA, 2x scope, grip ( longer ranges )

Or you can always take a shotgun that has the added perk that it unlocks for all classes except max and infiltrator
  8. Blitzer

Gauss rifle (all 3 versions) and Carnage BR are great, just remember to stick forward grips to them. Laser sights are for jetpacking LAs.
  9. phreec

Short: GR-22 or Carnage BR. They're both very similar but the Carnage lacks soft-point ammo.
    Long: Gauss Rifle with a grip and nothing else. Still very decent in CQC but shines at long range. I'm easily burst-sniping targets at ~150m+ with only the ironsights.

Forget about the Reaper DMR and NS-11A, they're both underperforming trash.
  10. khord

[quote="hansgrosse, post: 1786965, member: 127366"
    Of course, you could always nab the NS-11A if none of the NC-specific rifles feel right. It's my personal favorite weapon in the game, and a solid all-around choice.[/quote]

Echoed.
    And the gr22 with laser sight is also great for closer range.
  11. 1stZulu

Depends on your play style, me personally I run with the GR-22 with fore grip, flash suppressor and 1x scope, I'm a really aggressive combat medic I act like. Heavy assault in terms of advancing up, level 6 of medical applicator for near instant revives, a lot f adrenaline I get from this. It helps me cope with the annoyance of air to air combat I have sometimes.
  12. Fang7.62

I find the gauss over all best, though gr-22 is better for cqc. Now I'm using the Gauss rifle-S just for the fun of spamming smoke.
  13. Psykmoe

GR-22 is great for CQC. A steal at 250 certs, certainly. If you want to save certs, slap a laser on the stock Gauss and it'll be pretty adequate closer in, while still giving you the option of taking 650m/s velocity pot shots at range.

Also, consider the Gauss Rifle S. Most S variants are a bit worse than the stock guns but I'd almost consider the Gauss Rifle S an upgrade or at worst, an equal in its own way. Yeah you lose 23 rpm and 50 m/s velocity but for a 167 damage gun, 577 rpm is still good, 600m/s base velocity is still real solid, and the Gauss S has a much lower first shot recoil and pulls sideways less violently, making it easier to handle even though you have no foregrip (you have a grenade or smoke launcher obviously). And you get HVA and compensator if you need/want them.
  14. Pikachu

You can never go wrong with UBGL. :D Gauss rifle s. Has that nice boxed scope too. It sounds way better than default rifle too.
  15. KnightCole

Has the recoil on the NC1 been changed? I know every time I tried it before the recoil was to unpredicatable and all over the place for me to do well with it.

Is the NC1 better in CQC with a laser and hipfired? I know the AF19 is.
  16. lilleAllan

The Gauss Rifle. Easy recoil, insane bullet speed, good damage.
  17. Sugarfree

Piston automatic shotgun with slug ammo + scope and other stuff can be fun too (even weithout slugs & ranged scope :D)
  18. Crewell

When I am on my medic I find myself mostly in the thick of things. That being the case I opt for GR-22 with SPA, NV scope, and ALS. I toy around with a shotgun too, but more when I play LA. The starter Gauss rifle is good for longer shots, but like I said. For me I am always healing in the thick of things so...
  19. IamnotAmazing

three loadouts, default for all around, shotty or high rof gun, reapear dmr
  20. Messaiga

I would say at this point, you should have 3 weapons for different ranges. AF-4 Cyclone for CQC, for anything in the middle use a Carnage BR with adv. forward grip and compensator (iron sights are already amazing!). If you want to be a ranged support medic then use a Gauss Rifle Burst with 2x Reflex, forward grip, and HV Ammo. Gauss Rifle Burst is probably better than the Reaper DMR cause of that super high bullet velocity, and with HVA I think it increases by 10%. 650 meters/second + (650 x .1) = 715 Meters/Second. That makes it the second fastest projectile in the game, only being slower than the Lancer at a level 3 charge.