Best NC LMG

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by SinerAthin, Mar 21, 2013.

1. SinerAthin

Yeah, I did some more advanced testing in the VR.
    I am now confident with the Guass SAW as my open-battlefield choice.

I also know what SMG to buy(the Blitz is pretty badass), but I still need to decide on a Shotgun.

From my experience, the Claw is pretty beastly. One hits guys without slug up-front, and kills anyone within 100 meter in 2 shots with Slug Ammo.
    But I question its use vs other shotguns. The other shotguns feel a bit smoother in their style in CQC, but are a lot weaker in case I run into a medium range scenario whereas the Claw would just rip shizz up.

There's also the problem with the NC auto and semi auto shotties having a significant kick which presumably is a bug, but I don't know whether or not they will actually fix.
  2. Crewell

See comments in red above. Outside those comments I can only say try them in the VR. It's a great tool to save yourself from accidentally buying a weapon you don't like, because as much as people will offer opinions, playstyles are different. What I like might not be what you like or what the next poster does.
  3. Epic High Five

This man is correct. The SAW is the only weapon you need. It's a monster in CQC after the flinch changes, just switch to IRNV and it's a breeze to stay on target. Comp/adv grip/and I swear by HVA because it's a direct buff to everything good about the gun (bullet velocity, damage) and if you start using it early you compensate for the extra kick naturally, meaning there's no downside.

Shotguns and SMGs are a lot of fun close up, but really frustrating when you see a bad guy as a decent distance and you've got to make up ground to get to them. If you'd had your SAW, you could've just killed them right then and there.
  4. Simferion

For my NC alt I'm going to create the following 3 loadouts. In italic there's what I've got so far.

Long Range: NC6 Saw with x4 scope, adv.FG (for now only the FG), compensator, probably HVA
    Short/Medium: GD22 with x2 Reflex, Laser Sight and Suppressor
    CQC: PAS with HS/NV Scope and Extended Mag.

For the first 2 loadouts I'm going to stick to the NMG Shield, while for the third I'm gonna use the Adrenaline Shield.
    Any opinions?
  5. Dead soldier

For the first 2 loadouts I'm going to stick to the NMG Shield, while for the third I'm gonna use the Adrenaline Shield.
    Any opinions?[/quote]

I say change you're avator to NC
  6. Flashtirade

For your third loadout, adrenaline shield is only good if you've got at least level 3. Otherwise, the amount of recharge you get per kill is too small to pick it over the NMG. I recommend a resist shield + shield capacitor setup for CQC so recovering from combat is much quicker.
  7. Epic High Five

I've contemplated something like this. How much does the capacitor reduce the delay? If it gets it down to the SAW's short reload time that'd be a fun way to never stop killing :)
  8. Maellean

maxed out I believe it shaves 25% off the time. Base time for shields to start recharging is 10 seconds, so with maxed capacitor it's 7.5 seconds.

Oh, and if your build for CQC centers around minimum down time, don't forget about certing a few med kits.
  9. Epic High Five

Got them maxed :D med kits and radar flashes are the two biggest game changers for infantry that nobody talks about. I tend to use a lot of medkits at long range too, given my penchant for dueling snipers with my SAW :)
  10. Kukuguy

Default Gauss SAW with adv. Foregrip and 1X IR/NV or reflex.
    Amazing at medium range, CQC hip firing tear through infantries in crowded room
    There really is no need for compensator unless you are using higher magnification zoom
  11. SinerAthin

I do not think that HVA increases damage, only bullet velocity.
  12. Littleman

Gauss SAW with adv foregrip for strong long range. REally strong in CQC, but absolutely demands ADS to make it work, so reflex or iron sights work here.

The EM6 is a good gun if you like to make longer bursts without your aim moving. Adv foregrip here as well.

Anchor is the better version of the GD-22 in terms of CQCness. Good hip spread with an adv. laser and a very fast reload time for an LMG. A foregrip attachment can make this weapon work over longer distances, but the former two mentions out class it in that regard by far. I personally use iron-sights (yup, good old metal) for even distant targets, so recoil overall isn't a huge issue for me, either because the kick isn't horrible even on a stock Gauss SAW at 1x zoom, or because the target is sooooo far away, I'm definitely bringing the wrong weapon type to the fight.
  13. Epic High Five

Velocity goes up, and while damage doesn't increase, the drop off is less so you're doing more than you normally would at range. Considering that faster, hard hitting bullets are the SAW's thing, I consider HVA to be mandatory
  14. SinerAthin

That would only be for extreme ranges I reckon though.

For ranges within the NV scope's range, I think the slightly higher accuracy you get having no HVA will be the most beneficial.
  15. Epic High Five

Well, the HVA also essentially eliminates bullet drop at all but the edge of 6x distances, so that helps accuracy. I'm a bit of an abberation though because I use the NV scope even for really long range work. I just spot them first and then fire wildly under the tag that shows up on my scope now :)
  16. SinerAthin

Well, I think a tighter spread is more important than bullet drop ;P

Bullet drop is very easy to compensate for, and no HVA will allow you to maintain an even tigher spread necessary to kill people at big ranges.
  17. Epic High Five

OP, both ways are fine. Siner and I are just splitting hairs and it really comes down to whatever you enjoy the most :) I know plenty of people who use it both with and without the HVA just fine. I usually recommend starting off with the HVA because then you'll have more time in getting used to the slightly increased recoil if you like the shorter time to target and lower damage dropoff.
  18. Goretzu

Sounds about right if you specifically know those ranges you'll be fighting in, although for general use maybe EM6.