Best Mine Kill...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Boomschtick, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Chiggerbite

I was messing around The Crown one day when we (VS) actually had it for a change. NC had been trying to push from Zurvan off an on. On the Southeast side of The Crown or the Western side of Zurvan, there's a little camp/abandoned mine. NC had parked a Sunderer inside of it. They had been doing some infantry pushes up the hill towards the spawn point at Crown, so there was a lot of back and forth movement on that hillside. I decided I was going to try to take out that Sunderer. VS had started moving down the hill and NC was regrouping at their Sunderer. Most of the VS were taking defensive positions to pick them off when they tried to come up from their Sunderer. I kept going and right over the top of the camp. Before the NC could react, I had already laid my AT mines on the sunderer. I ended up with 18 kills, plus the Sunderer.
  2. Bloodrite

best mine kill(s) for me, is getting the same guy 6 times in the same spot within 2-3 hours. I was laughing my *** off that he keept hitting the same mines.

Best AP mine kill... darting into a room full of enemies, dropping two mines, and actually getting out alive only to hear the boom and the pling pling pling of xp =p

Then of cause there are the abandoned mines. Dropped some mines, and completely forgot about them only to blow up a full sunderer 4-5 hours later =)
  3. Boomschtick

If it's the spot I'm thinking of I usually run down there if I see a push coming and drop some ATs in that little alcove. It's pretty much a guarantee that someone will park a Sundie there because of how it protects both the Sundie and spawning Infantry... unless you sit on top of the ledge above and to the right from the Crown. Then you can noobtube the hell out of the Infantry spawning and trying to rush the path. lol
  4. Clutchstep

I always wonder about people who run over the same mines in the same place repeatedly. A couple of days ago I was fighting at one of the outposts, and we had basically lost, but thanks to the new spawn fortresses were able to maintain a pretty good fight regardless. I dropped a couple of AT mines in a spot where I thought a tank would roll up, and sure enough a Prowler rolls over them and gets blown up. I resupply, drop the mines in the same spot and a minute or two later, a Lightning rolls over them and gets blown up. Same guy, he just got a different vehicle. I drop two more mines there and sure enough, the same guy comes rolling up in a Sunderer on that exact same spot. Maybe he thought I'd run out of mines before he ran out of vehicles, lol.
  5. blzbug

That video just makes me miss beta, when you actually had fun fights on the other continents. The last decent fight on non-Indar (genudine server) was during the showdown a few weeks back. That was the only time I've seen Amerish in 2 months.
  6. AssaultPig

I drive lightnings a lot. Sometimes I find myself face to face with a vanguard and without anywhere really to go. I used to try and run away from them, but that usually doesn't work out.

What I did yesterday was gun it straight at the guy, then bail out of the lightning as it cruised past him. As he was rotating his turret to finish it off, I threw a couple tank mines under him.

He did get my lightning, but I think it was worth it.
  7. Dawgpound12

I was capturing a base on Esamir and I was the last man left. I placed a mine on the cap point and we were extremely close to taking it until I died. A few seconds after my death I received a mine kill and the we managed to cap the base before the guy could return to retake the area. :)
  8. NoctD

I'd say it was today - got a half loaded sundy with pre-laid mines. I just predicted their path, they rolled on the road right into my 3 mines. Was long gone by then, but it was 5-6 kills, sundy kill, some high threat XP in that bunch. Now I'd love to get a fully loaded 12/12 sundy someday.

PSA - please use mine guard, can you imagine driving 11 other guys to their death?
  9. untilted

best mine kill?

the one where i received the bronze medal for the anti-tank mine.

i haven't certed them (yet).

most if not all must have been dropped by enemy engineers trying to blow up something (often my vanguard) and setting them off with a HEAT shell.
  10. Terran537

Same as untilted. I was moving to Hvar and I saw a 7/12 TR sundy heading to NS Secure. It had about 80-70%ish health when I fired my HE cannon at it. Instantly killed it and got a bronze star on tank mines. I haven't certed tank mines yet.
  11. Boomschtick

I had one yesterday where we were back capping bases because we were bored. I was standing on a cap point, on an upper floor inside a small building, when I started taking small arms fire from the doorway below. I chunked a grenade then shotgunned him from above. I immediately tossed down an AP and was turning around to throw another at the top of the stairs when the first guy's buddy starts laying into me with an SMG. I frisbee'd another AP right at him then went to switch to my shotgun when he went boom! lol
  12. SongOfDiscord

Ran up to a prowler zerg group. (died 4 times trying)
    After many attempts I finally got close to one.

I set 2 vehicle mines down and ran away. I discovered that the patch had added EXTREME THREAT exp bonuses. :eek: 430 exp just from the threat level.

And right after that was discovering that sunderer kills had been boosted to 500ish exp.

I really like running up to vehicles and making them go boom, now it is not only satisfying, but way more rewarding to do that mad rush that isn't likely to succeed.
  13. Naithe

Any mine kill that was placed on a road, not below a parked vehicle......
  14. Boomschtick

I can't count how many mines I've wasted dropping them on a road that should have been high traffic for armor but by the time I get there all the armor has decided to go somewhere else.

Of course I've also gotten AT kills from mines I've placed so long before that I had actually forgotten I placed them. lol But I won't ever pass up a chance to run up on some armor or a Sundie to throw mines under it. Parked or not a kill is a kill.
  15. 2Leadfeet

I was helping defend Peris Amp Station. I was up on a wall tower repairing AA guns when an infilterator knifed me in the back then C4'd the AA gun with a squadie inside. I respawed ran up top to same tower layed a AP mine behind me and repaired the AA gun, then maned it. While trying to taking down a Lib, i noticed that same infilterator guy bouncing over from the next tower, turned my AA gun on him but he moved to stay inbetween my firing guns as he ran right at me, C4 in hand and i'm sure a big @ss grin on his face, untill he tripped my mine that is... Ball of fire, ping xp + vengeance xp = laughing for the next 10 mins :mad:

S.O.P. now always place AP mines behind me while trying to keep a turret up ;)

TR Forever !
  16. Terran537

You know, the Infiltrator doesn't have C4. They get AP mines so it's possible that you saw a Light Assault (or any other class besides Infiltrator and MAX). Of course, you might have seen an Infiltrator, but another enemy could have C4ed the turret seeing as Infiltrators don't have C4.
  17. Master

Best Mine Kill:

Outside of Zurvan walls. I see a lone SG and decide to try to drop 2 AT mines on it. He notices me and I run for some rocks and drop mines there...hoping he gives chase.

Than I see a sunderer coming from the opposite direction and hide....than the most glorious thing happens..

1 sunderer with 2 guys in it
    1 SG

Dead with 2 AT mines.

I SOOO wish I was recording.....
  18. 2Leadfeet

Your right now that I think about it,,.. It was dark and he was showing a pistol with a long barrel before switching out weapons, plus my hatred for Infiltrator (snipers) making my life repairing turrets a living hell, i must have just wished he was one :oops:

Cheers :)

TR Forever !
  19. Radian12

This rush adrenaline is what fuels my insane bombing hearth :D
  20. cann0nf0dder

my best mine kill happened yesterday, several enemyengineers tried to kill my poor tank with their anti tank mines, while 2 lights already planted c4 on it and finally several heavys tried to get behind my tank to shot its backside ....

the result was hillarious, i had a hard time to catch breath for several desperate minutes afterwards .....

i shot a light, he was right in front of my canon, so the explosion triggered his c4, which triggered other c4 packages and tank mines, evolving to the greatest explosion of explosive devices i've seen so far, making myself commiting suicde while getting something round about 7-10 kills .....

damn, that was awesome :D