Best Mine Kill...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Boomschtick, Jan 3, 2013.

1. RocketKhruschev

I had just logged on and drop podded into most active battle on the map. I was too late: It was already fully Vanu and there was a Magrider rolling in for repairs. I'm completely exposed in the front of the base, near the gate, and there's no nearby doorways to hide in. I decide to go for it: I drop both of my mines on top of the tank as it's being repaired by an enemy engineer, and, just as they connect to the tank, either the engineer or the driver yell out "Enemy Engineer!" I run away as fast as I can and just as I reach the gate, the tank blows up behind me. I then managed to evade a new Magrider for several minutes by hiding behind rocks and trees, no less than 100 feet from a whole Vanu base.
  2. Springheel Jack

I knew some NC were going to be pushing out over a bridge, so I dropped down some mines on it in standard formation.

Couple minutes later I start getting spammed with MAX kills.

Sunderer chock full of MAXs went boom.
  3. manfromh

I rarely use mines, so I don't have any awesome stories, only a mediocre one.

I once saw a VS MAX, crouching and facing a wall and yelling out for repairs. It was a rather pathetic sight, so I left a Bouncing Betty next to him.
  4. Brainpan

I like mine stories. I wonder if I have to start another thread for grenade stories.

At a tower fight, I thought I had equipped AT mines and dropped off the balcony to kill an enemy sunderer. And... I toss out a proximity mine instead. Oh. ... huh. The enemy infiltrator didn't see me, so I threw another AP mine under her feet before a LA saw me and gunned me down. The mines exploded and took them both with me. When I did get back with the AT mines, another engineer had already taken out the sundy. Well, I could always use more kills on my proximity mines.

If grenade stories are alright, ever since they made sticky grenades stick like they're suppose to, I've been trying to stick them to things. I ran into a TR max in a tech plant, flung the grenade into his face and ran away. My first sticky grenade kill was a max. Yay!

And, I still don't think AT mines are overpowered since I was bored one day, stacked 3 AT mines around an enemy turret and blew them up. The turret survived. I went to a fresh turret and slapped 2 C4 bricks to it. KO'd. So, 2 AT mines to sundy without mine guard = KO, BUT, 2 C4 bricks = badly damaged but alive. That just means I need a utility belt to kill mine guard using sundies with 3 C4 bricks.
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

I find it amusing to get points for "Ground to Air" for killing landed aircraft with AT mines.
  6. Eric Smith

Hey, it was on the ground, you blew it "up." Where is "up" if not in the air, right? Sounds like "Ground to Air" to me :)

As for best stories, unfortunately I don't have any really good ones, but have a couple decent ones.

Running around I spot an enemy Sundy at the base wall at an Amp Station, drop two mines and boom. Run back to resupply, head back to the same spot because I want to mine the road so they can't pull another into that general area and there's another Sundy in the same exact spot. So I drop my two mines on it and Boom again.

At a Tech Plant battle I always placed AP Claymore mines in the lift up, catches all the guys trying to make it to the roof to kill all the Engy's trying to keep the turrets active. One particular battle I placed my mines, ran downstairs to resupply, and in the time it took to get back I'd already gotten two kills. I placed two more mines in the same spots in the lift, went to resupply again, and got two more kills. Third time the mines actually stayed for more than 30 seconds. But not much longer because in an hour long battle I got 30 kills just from my Claymores.

Another time I did my thing at a Tech Plant, we got kicked way back across the continent, so I went about my business. About 30 minutes later the NC and VS are fighting over it (I'm TR, Claymores right?) I get a kill out of the blue, turns out it was one of my Claymores I'd left behind. Got a hate tell from the guy annoyed, I'm like "I dropped that forever ago, sorry I got you man, be more careful next time?"
  7. Gadamlu

today, an assault on a tower (crimson bluff i think) i rushed up the stairs, right into the throng of enemys, and planted a mine. took out a nice chunk of them, 4-5 i think, then another with my SMG
  8. Caydn

hmm my favourite was running across the top of one of the vehicle shield outer gates at zurvan amp under fire from several vanu then getting to the other side and dodging another vanu then jumping back down and running through the middle of a bunch of them to blow their sundee up in front of them outside
  9. Celair

Any time I suicide run into a massive cluster of infantry as an infiltrator, uncloak, drop two mines, and score 5+ kills.

My absolute favorite example of this was at Indar Excavation Site about three to four days ago. The TR were working their way up the tower and had the bottom floor locked down pretty tight. I kept running through the teleporters and dropping mines on them. I even had time to stand in front of several MAXs, drop my mines in front of them, and run to the other teleporter to safety. Not once was I killed by an enemy, only by my own mines. We may have lost the base, but I'll be damned if I didn't have fun doing so...

...and then I spent the next hour or two wishing I had more mines.
  10. Eric Smith

Oh, can we include some PS1 stories? The best mine story I ever witnessed was done by a friend of mine - we were in a Magrider (he was gunning, I was driving) and hit a few mines then out of nowhere an enemy Vanguard rolls up on us and almost kills us. My friend jumps out of our tank and throws a jammer grenade at the Vanguard (which prevents it from firing for ~15 seconds) then he runs off into the NC mine field, avoiding the mines himself. The Vanguard tries to run him over, at which point he throws another Jammer and blows up the NC mine field and the Vanguard with it. I was sitting in my almost dead Magrider laughing so hard I almost peed myself.
  11. Terraphiel

One of the most memorable AT kills happened at the gate north of Tawrich Techplant. We were pressed hard by two vanguards coming up the road. Manage to get out of the spawnroom, climb a little bit, sneak behind them. By now they are right next to each other and surrounded by 2 engies and 1 heavy. Coming from behind I drop 2 mines between the tanks, blowing up both tanks and all infantry near them before they can take me down.
  12. Xaonos

My favourite mine kill, and I suppose my most powerful, was underneath the Crown. This TR sundy was parked on the little overhang on the north slope, with the winding path up the mountain. Some twenty TR were milling around it. I did get 12 kills plus the sundy, including two MAXs. But the funny bit was how, not even sprinting, I just walked casually up as a Vanu Engi up to the bus, drops two AT mines and then sprint off, cackling maniacally, to a large fireball.
  13. biterwylie

An infiltrator was killing the engineers repairing turrets at the crown using his knife. I planted an AP mine on the balcony next to the turret then sat still as bait pretending to be repairing the turret. 60 seconds later BOOM dead infiltrator :D
  14. Acuta

The couple of times I managed to wipe full Enclave Sundy would have to be tops. One I snuck up on and dropped mines (not sure why they were just parked there with a full bus, but I wasn't complaining), the other hit mines I'd placed and left on a likely approach. 12/12 Sundy are always good, TE ones are even sweeter.

Second best is anytime I forget I dropped mines, be in the middle of a BioLab fight or semi-AFK at the WG and all of a sudden start getting kill credits. Always good for a chuckle when I figure it out.

3rd best was last week, Outfit was getting ready to hit an Amp station, but had a bunch of TR foot-ing it from a nearby outpost, rolling the occasional Sundy. We were picking them off, but 3 of us overextended a bit much. 2 Medic and I. Well, around the corner comes an HE lightning with all of us pretty much in the wide open. So I tucked and ran around the Lightning while he focused on trying to kill my buddies. Dropped mines on his back deck. He musta figured it out about then, because he hopped out a split second before *boom*. He did not, however, survive my Pulsar C. Outfit was laughing good at that one.
  15. Armodeus

I've had several really good ones but my first is still my favorite. I had just gotten certed in my AT mines, was on foot and saw a sunderer inbound. I crawled into the the struts of a nearby bridge just to get out of sight and watch where he went, when the sundy drove directly underneath where I was hiding and deployed. I didn't even have to move to toss them on top of the bus and the bridge gave me cover from the explosion just by moving back slightly. Got the sunderer and 4 kills. I f only they all would be so obliging.
  16. ommadon

best one yet is where we just capped the base and TR was comin in from the north slammin us hard wit infantry and armor. I made me way along some canyons to a peak overlooking two tr sundies parked in an arrow parked against the cliffs, i guess protecting from snipers. I drop down in their nice, once safe haven, drop two, turn around... and watch the fireworks. we then slammed them off that hill after that. I giggled fer minutes.
  17. Eric Smith

Just remembered one, before the patch where they changed jump pads I used to mine the top of the towers in Amp Stations to dissuade their use by the enemy. One time I had planeted one then moved to the next tower and planted another. Just then I was surprised by an enemy, shot him a few times but he killed me. As I'm lieing there dead I see him jump to the first tower I'd mined and I smiled - a moment later I got my sweet revenge.
  18. Deathcapt

i've killed 3 sunders with 2 mines, that was pretty solid.
  19. Rowenarc

My favorite was inspired by Private Ryan. Simple but fun!

The small bridge by the Pallisade is so obvious to be mined and yet people hardly check. So after laying AT on bridge I wait for a Sundie to come speeding around the corner and let him see me standing on bridge. The classic mistake of single driver and no gunners so charges at me to run me down. (If they fire duck under bridge but be careful as long drop!)

I calmly take a knee and for effect fire my pistol at him as a futile gesture with him believing I'm road kill. Then as he hits the bridge BOOM and flaming remains roll to my feet. Steven Speilberg eat your heart out and I bet the driver went from "your mine noob" to "what the?"

P.S. Must be honest tried to do again and video but had mine guard so 'splat' lol!
  20. Dvine

The one at 3.30 in this video.. Still I cant believe that noone gave a crap...