Best Mine Kill...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Boomschtick, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Boomschtick

I love AP, trying to get used to proper AT placement, and C4 can be a "blast" too.

But what has been your best, funniest, most gratifying mine kill?

One of the funniest I had was I missed the bus repairing a base we had just capped so I was running to the next base on foot. I cut through a single cap point listening post, saw TR had it and decided to stop and cap it. I came arund to the cap point and there is an NC Lightning parked outside. I threw down an AP literally right next to it, I mean waayyy out in the open... just to see. I run inside as the NC is coming down the stairs and he smoked me. =p About 30 seconds later I get XP for the Kill, Vengence, Kill Streak Stop, and something else... all in all it was like 600+xp for an AP that was just dropped right out in broad daylight. lol
    • Up x 2
  2. eRage

Most gratifying mine kills I get are from sneaking up vanguards and magriders, dropping 2 mines on top of their tank and jumping off out of the explsion and walking away. Or making it to a enemy sundy and dropping both mines under the sundy and killing everybody in and around it, getting 5+ kills at once.
  3. colt .45 killer

Hmmm.

Well TR was assaulting the crown once and I jumped down, ran through their infantry and mined their sundy. I died just as I threw the second mine; scored 8 kills + the sunderer ( during double XP with a 50% boost mind you ). I like hot dropping in on bio labs so I can land my drop pod near where i know sunderers are and then mine nuke them.

I'd have to say my FUNNIEST one would be the Mani bio lab, I had just hot dropped in and killed a sunderer near one of the elevator towers. TR brought another one up and set it up 50 odd Meters north of that tower near one of the bio lab support legs. I guess the idea was that it would be harder for sneaky bastards like me to go down the elevator there. The fool who set it up though didn't realize it was right beneath the ledge. That same ledge which I casually walked along, took a peek down to ensure i was over it, then threw my 4 mines from right to left and watched the fireworks. I think I only got 4-6 kills on that, so it wasn't my best work yet, but it was definitely the most entertaining because of how stupid of a deploy spot it really was....
  4. Takoita

My favourite so far was when I used someone's suggestion and mined the spawn shack at Zurvan amp before it was capped away from us (double AT+AP near the terminals; I'll likely add spaced out C4 near the doors when I get it). ~8 kills, one MAX among them.

Also, a couple Magriders repairing themselves behind a bend in the road west of Ti Alloys, sitting immobile close enough to die to a single pair of AT mines. Golden.

Drop pod on a sundy's roof and mine it with all randoms milling around it - works surprisingly well since no mineguard anywhere in sight.

Spontaneous cooperation with a random sneaky HA: we circled around a Lightning and a Vanguard on the road from Zurvan to Crown. I saw him lining up a shot with a rocket launcher, so I ran up to the Lightning, dropped a mine, run up to the Vanguard, dropped the remaining 2 mines I had and bailed. That HA timed the shot to the back of that Lightning so that it all exploded at once. No chat, no hesitation. That was awesome.
    • Up x 1
  5. Craeshen

Sundy fully loaded with engineers and maxes to a pair of forgotten at mines.

I just about died laughing when 8 max kills and 4 engy's scrolled across my screen along with a sunderer kill. And a whole pile of kill bonus'es.
  6. Krona

You guys need to think outside the box.

Unsuspecting sniper, 3 mines spaced apart from eachother. Boom, dominoes.
    • Up x 1
  7. Otega

My favorite was just the other night. I'm in a Sundy with a squad mate, we're on the low side (below cliffs) of Howling Pass, southeast near the large piping.

Tank coms rolling out at us, gets a couple shots off. Take some damage, so i hightail it north to a large rock outcropping and stop. Tanks is about 150 meters behind but following us, so I jump out of the Sundy, lay 2 mines down behind the rock, jump back in and roll out enough for him to see my frontside. He decides to come around to my tail, as he comes around, I drive out and around, and while my gunner is yelling at me to slow down so he can shoot him with the bulldog, the tank goes boom.

Just a fun, well laid mine trap.
  8. Ghostfox

My best mine kill happened last night.

Oh Esamir on the Jaeger server, there is a spot where the Vanu love to place a sunderer at Northern Weigh Station.

I placed a pair of mines in this spot..

The TR decided that they wanted to zerg Esamir instead of having the back and forth zerg between VS and NC that usually happen there.

Well, they are pushing the Weigh Station... and I am sitting back, plinking away with an HE Lightning at infantry. I notice this drop pod going down.. which lands on my mines, setting them off to give me the kill AND the destruction of the Drop Pod credit.
  9. Brainpan

A pack of TR engineers were running around an Amp Station with other soldiers acting as bodyguards while they repair the generators. I ran into the generator room and was shot to death by several LAs, but not before I was able to toss an AP mine at the engy squad. Hearing it go off and their chorus of dying voices as my respawn screen came up was glorious.

There was a sundy at a biolab which was being protected aggressively, which made me a dead engineer everytime I tired to get near it to mine her. During one of my deaths, the driver moved the sundy behind a building under one of the airpads. So, I quickly respawned in the main room, found the airpad, looked over to pinpoint the sundy, and dropped the AT mines from high altitude. We lost the biolab, but I was satisified for finally getting that elusive sundy.

I was running from a tank up a steep hill and before getting shot to death, I dropped 3 AT mines which proceeded to slide down the hill and kill my killer for a tank kill bonus and revenge.
  10. CrashB111

When I killed an NC liberator with AT mines.

I **** you not, I was hiding inside the Bastion on Amerish with my Prowler and I had mined the front vehicle bay entrance in case of sunderers driving in. After the Lib spots me outside and I drive into the bay he hugs the ground to line up my Prowler for Tank Buster fire and triggers the mines killing himself and his gunners.
  11. Carlin

TR assaulting the Crossroads from the north, and we seem to be playing Sunderer whack-a-mole. We had just finished rooting out a well placed Sundy to the west that had locked down C for a solid five minutes and we thought victory was ours.

Then a fresh wave came from the Crown and we had THREE sundys in the hills with tanks supporting it.

So I decided to channel Leeroy Jenkins and went for it... I didn't even bother popping a Flash or something to aid with the mad dash, I just started running. Turns out when a zerg is that close to a target they tend to get tunnel vision and fail to notice the friendly engie running around isn't wearing the right color. Two mines, two sundies parked right next to each other, and I have no idea how many kills.

Since that day I've started calling the Sunderer the XP Pinata.

The NC defended the crossroads well that day.
    • Up x 1
  12. Crazy Airborne

I remember the very first mine kill i got. I had just unlocked mines and I was super excited to use them. I knew tanks be coming down this road so I laid the mines and then ran up in the hills to watch. I didn't know if the mines would stay if I left the area. As I watched a tank column came through and I was disappointed as they all turned across the grass off the road and missed my mines. Then this sundy came along and looks like he was not going to hit them at the last second he pulls hard on the wheel and drive straight into my mines giving me 8 kills. it was glorious. and a great first experience with mines
  13. smirking revenge

I managed to capture my favorite mine kill...

It's the second one in this short compilation. Actively trying to defend against a large attack so mined a road I'd seen a fair amount of traffic moving up on. Managed to get a lightning pulling back to repair whilst getting another one moving forwards at the same time.

The flash limped away to fight another day though... :rolleyes:

• Up x 2
  14. irishroy

so at the first clip:
    you stabilized the gen with killing a sundy?^^

and where you using the surger-chassis for the flash?
  15. smirking revenge

:D

I can't remember which chassis I have fitted, will look next time I log on.
  16. Skadi

Didnt manage to catch my favorite mine kill on video, was in my mossy and i flew up and landed by 10+ magriders and there ammo sundy, tossed the mines on the sundy and flew off, then got free xp for 5+ kills standing next to the sundy and the sundy kill... not a shot was fired at me or my mossy.
  17. Carcosa

Probably my first mine kill. I was at Saerro Listening Post on Esamir, and I knew the VS zerg was coming from Eisa after they capped it. I placed two mines in anticipation of them taking the bottom floor and hacking the terminals to spawn any vehicles lost during our completely outnumbered defense. I run up stairs to re-arm, and I get a sundy kill with 12 people inside. We managed to defend for quite awhile after that, due to lack of infantry assaulting.

My next favorite would be my second kill, at the same battle. A sunderer was parked around the outer edge of the building closest to Nott Amp station at Saerro. Our infantry defense line was holding them pretty much on that outer wall. I make a suicide dash to their sunderer and get 7 kills from people standing around it.

we lost Saerro shortly after as the VS air zerg came to Saerro from Mani.
  18. Cirevam

One of the best mine kills I've had was on Esamir against the VS. I can't remember exactly where it was but it was a slight uphill area with plenty of natural cover. I was in a Sunderer with someone and we tried to flank a Magrider. It caught wind of us and destroyed the sundy but I jumped out right before the tank exploded, ran a few meters away, stacked my mines, then backed away so that the mines were between me and the Mag. The driver decided to try to run me over instead of shooting me, and hit the mines. He later /told me that that was very sneaky and well done, he thought he was hit by a plane.

I can never pull this off against TR because they just shoot me with HE rounds when I try, which guarantees my death because I'm standing on mines at the time.
  19. halisi

My best was at a facility that I don't remember the name of. We were fighting a losing battle, I was going to leave after the 10-15 or so TR killed me. After I died I got an idea and respawned at the same place. I took the elevator up to the top floor and went to the edge. I dropped my AP mine and a grenade, and everything fell apart for the TR. We retook the spawn area, and after a couple minutes of destroying vehicles and some stragglers the Vanu won the day ha. Most satisfying and productive mine kill ever.
  20. Boomschtick

I had a very good "mad bomber" night tonight. A lot of tank kills, quite a few sundie kills, and a pretty impressive 3 rounds of shooting up an elevator tube to toss out APs into the middle of a spawn camp meat grinder right before NC took the base from us. In one of the tosses I got something like 15 kills from the NC all bunched up to shoot any of us that popped out through the floor. lol