Best LA weapon

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by babqyou, Apr 4, 2013.

1. RedPsycho

Honestly any shotgun is decent. I own a Uppercut, but only use it against other Pump users. So if I know a cap point is being controlled by a Pump I go Pump. I prefer the auto shotty, because I'm not a fan of CQB and non-auto weapons. It's just something I can never overcome. At range I have no issues with Semi-Auto, but in CQB I just get all weird lol.

Best bet, test out the shotties in VR see which one you like the firing style of and then go out and test it in the field with the 30 minute trial.
  2. vaxx

Quite a few people disagree, so it is up for discussion.
  3. lilleAllan

Those people are crazy.
  4. Shanther

Come on Vaxx you should know better. <3
  5. Wolfwood82

No, those people aren't gullible enough to buy into a relatively useless piece of equipment when pretty much everything else purchasable by LA is more useful. Especially medkits.

It's a matter of personal opinion. IMO your first block of C4 is a decent priority but the second block is probably closer to the last thing you should get. It doubles your killing power, which would be more impressive if your killing power wasn't 1 to begin with.

JJs improve everything you use and do as LA, armor certs improve your survivability based on the tactics you use, your weapon gives you the biggest improvements where you need them the most (infantry killing power). These things cost more certs in the long run for a very good reason.

C4 is highly over rated.

Only crazy people ignore their bread and butter in favor of icing. C4 is our icing, our bread and butter (what we use to fight and survive on) is our JJs and our guns.
  6. RamiFede

Thank you very much. The shotguns are still not convince me. Recently I have seen that in the new update (number 7), there are new heavy pistols. I probably get any of them.
  7. Ganjis

Pulsar C, HVA, adv grip, compensator and 2-4X scope depending on situation. I like getting out of the way and shooting down on the ants (moar hedshotz).

Sometimes I use the pandora, but I prefer to use my jets to stay out of trouble, rather than jump into the middle of it mostly ;).
  8. Fredders

jump jets level 6 only give you a 12% boost to fuel regen and fuel capacity... people overvalue level 6 jump jets waaaaaay too much. Go with 2 C4. I had 2 bricks of C4 while I was still at jump jets level 2 (yeah that was stupid but they were still SUPER useful) in short you most definitely DO NOT need maxed out jump jets to make C4 effective. You will find yourself able to kill a variety of vehicles BY YOURSELF as well as killing maxes while still being able to have C4 left over.

My Loadout for LA is Sweeper hi capacity shotgun with extended mags, no slug ammo. Second loadout is Af4 Cyclone with extended mags, silencer, 1X reflexer and SPA.
  9. SQPD

close quarter is for smg people. put a 3.4x scope on the carbine and use it at medium range. i works well on trac-5. try putting a foregrip on. idk if its good. im too poor lol.
  10. Zeekez

c4 x2 is by far the most important upgrade, JJs are great but you only get a small boost each time. 2 x c4 turns the LA from a fun class to play into a fun class to play that can solo MBTs. I'd take an LA w/ 2 c4 and lvl 1 JJs over a LA w/ 0 c4 and max level JJs.

The best LA weapon is... YOUR MIND.... hahaha that came out pretty gay.
  11. Hagestol

The problem is that the C4 is a 700 cert upgrade, so buying one c4, a few ranks of jumpjets, a few ranks of armor and a completely upgraded gun is by far the better upgrade. Imo.
  12. Wolfwood82

Meh I give up, you idiots do what you want.

C4 = teh bigg bo0mz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -drool-
  13. blzbug

Yep. Why do you play PS2 in the first place? I play for fun. I have a lot more fun whacking a tank versus killing a soldier to pad my k/d. Sorry if that makes me a drooling idiot, in your oh-so-humble estimation.

Some people play PS2 for the sense of accomplishment. Maybe you like getting the aurax medal on all the weapons? That's fine for you. I won't insult you with childish judgements about your mental state. Trac5S is the only carbine I have aurax on. Well, I got it on Jag also, but that was with engy. My main sense of accomplishment comes from making a significant impact on the battle. I make 10x more impact by taking out that clown-car AMS than by killing a few extra soldiers. What tool do I need to kill the AMS? 2xC4 naturally.

Your personal preference might be for JJ6 before 2xC4. Calling people idiots for having a different preference is just boorish.
  14. Wolfwood82

I'm not calling them idiots for having a preference, I'm calling them idiots for spewing it out in public forums like religious nut jobs proclaiming the return of whos-it.

It's fine to have a personal preference. It's not fine spreading illogical and false information so you can start a kool-kids club. This is how drug use spreads in grade school after all. Seriously blz, have you seen me go off on a rant at someone for posting a video of what they are doing and explaining how and why they do it? Ever? No. Why? Because they are providing an example of how they do what they do and with what they use. They aren't just drooling all over the forums stupidly saying "dude you gotta do this".

I have 2 C4 blocks now, I occasionally use them to take out a target of opportunity. I've never personally felt C4 to be a high priority because of my own play style. And because I get as much, if not more, effect from 1 then most people get from 2 simply because I look for the right targets. If you go telling people "you absolutely HAVE to get C4!" without knowing what their play style is, what do you think is going to happen? It's terrible advice given based on the assumption that everyone plays the same way you do.

What I do know for fact is that regardless of your personal play style, JJ6 is going to do a lot more for you then a second block of C4 ever could. Because it improves everything you do, not just one aspect like AMS hunting. Not only do you use it for more aspects of LA game play, you use it a lot more then you'll ever use C4.

The same applies to virtually everything else you can cert as LA. Popular theory is not always accurate or correct, remember some cultures believed the world was flat and held aloft by 4 elephants at one point.

I was blowing up sunderers with just 1 block of C4 back when I had JJ4, and I was doing it routinely. This notion that if you can't/don't solo it, it doesn't count doesn't belong in this game.
  15. blzbug

All those times when you and your JJ4 ran across a sunderer with more than 50% health...didn't you yearn for an extra C4? It didn't gall you to stare at the AMS spewing forth enemy troops while you sat there helpless, hoping some random HA would help you finish the job? ONE extra little C4...that's all you needed! Just one! You could shut down the whole enemy assault. This is the moment where GLORY is made!

Instead, you traded your glory for 12% jumpjet recharge boost :)

I see the argument that the 12% helps you everywhere you go. For your global efficiency, it might be an overall better value. But in gaining that value, you lose the big boom. The big boom is so much fun, it leads to people saying "you HAVE to get 2xC4!!!'" It is an emotional response because it is a fun weapon to use. Nobody gets excited enough to shout "you HAVE to get 12% recharge boost!!!" I would much prefer to get the boom. Others are obviously free to make their own choice. They just need to be aware of what they gain or lose.
  16. Yalk

(When taking a point)
    Being the guy that's responds to your squad mates cries of

"There's a max suit! "...."2!....2 NC maxes on point!"

With

"Got 1"

"Got the other"

You pretty well feel like a straight baller, not to mention you just explained why your useful to everybody

No fuse, quick and clean
  17. Wolfwood82

To answer your questions.... No on all accounts. Why? I run with an outfit. I've never had to solo a sunderer, I just go die near it, report my squad and number and that I died near a sunderer, and within moments there's a platoon marker on it and it's overrun by a platoon of infantry and sometimes tanks.

If there is a sunderer there spewing forth infantry and I'm not dead yet, I report it's location and camp the infantry. If there is a sunderer there and it's damaged, I drop a block of C4 on it and blow it up.

I usually have better things to do then go hunting for a lone sunderer and playing rambo with it. Glory is for the weak willed, real soldiers carry on.
    • Up x 1
  18. Tallfeather

Who is advocating not fighting smart and running around trying to find a lone sunderer?
    Are you saying your don't with great regularity come across a sunderer with a temporary tactical advantage of surprise since you're playing as a flanker/ambusher?
    Are you never the one responding to the someone in your squad finding a sunderer with the job to blow it up?
    Are you saying people with 2xC4 can't actually do all the things you mention as well?

2xC4 is a very potent bag of tricks, and in my personal experience has come in handy far more often than the desire to fly a little longer uninterrupted. It has nothing to do with wanting to be OMG RAMBO and ignore all squad based play.
  19. vaxx

I actually blow up more turrets, Max's, and wounded tanks, than a full health Sundie to be honest. Then again more and more outfits are realizing bringing one Sundie is not very smart, and roll up in 3-5 of them, in case one or more get blown up.

Rarely do I drop 2 C4 on the same target. An AA turret gets one C4. Wait for a bit, and usually the user gets out to repair, or and engineer comes to repair. Kill him. Then drop another and finish it off. Same with tanks. With all the launchers and AT mines, I rarel come across a tank that is full health. I use the same strat as the turret.

One thing I do not do, is suicide runs that involve getting to a Sundie and dropping 2 C4 and blowing it and myself up in the process.

Think about this. How many times do you use JJ's? How many times do you drop C4? Do you kill more Sundies than infantry? Chances are you use JJ more, and have more kills on Infantry than vehicles.

Now...do you upgrade something you use now and then....or something you use ALL the damn time? That was easy for me to decide.
  20. Fredders

sure you use JJ more than C4 but my point is is that the final rank does not give you any life changing benefits you could not live without. 12% is a pretty small boost. Do I recommend getting the final tier JJ? Absolutely. Before 2 C4? Absolutely not.

(PS I use C4 all the time to kill groups of infantry)