Best LA weapon

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by babqyou, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Yalk

Jumps jets...and all the F***ing time...play LA more and you might find that out

And I have JJ6 and everything else for LA...

Also, ninthly: it's a FTP video game...relax bro
  2. Wolfwood82

Hilarious statement since you started this ****.
    The correct answer is "almost never". There are no indirect fire weapons in this game, everything requires direct fire which means any situation in which you can shoot an enemy, they can shoot back. The only way to achieve a firing position that cannot be hit back is by hacking.

And if they were using indirect fire (which can be done but is extremely situational), I would assume your allies are smart enough to have air power in the area. LA are pretty much a last resort for taking out high priority vehicle targets because HA can do it better from an infantry standpoint, and vehicles can do it better from a large scale standpoint.

And I don't give a **** what you have. I have 2 C4 and everything else for LA, doesn't make your statement any less wrong or yourself any less rude or ignorant.
    • Up x 1
  3. PaperPlanes

It doesn't matter in most fights. Minimaps are such a cluster **** that most people don't even look at them and those who do aren't going to pinpoint your blip and come hunt you down when all you did was show up in a see of enemy dots on their radar, not to mention they don't even know your elevation by looking on the minimap, you could be above or below them.

In a very small battle, I see the benefit of a silencer. That's about it. Besides, very shortly, none of this will matter, as SOE is surely going through with the jetpack sounds, you're never going to go undetected again as a LA.
  4. Yalk

Eh, your being the bigger asshole

BUT

I guess I did start it by quoting you and disagreeing in the manner I did

I still don't agree with you or your overly aggressive nature over a game

However my apologies for being so utterly rude and ignorant

LA are slowly losing what little importance (none) they had...and are no closer to gaining any real utility other than what you make of the class, it really isn't worth arguing over something the devs clearly regret putting in the game
  5. Wolfwood82

I know I'm an *******, part of having asbergers is not caring. I can easily be hostile and less easily nice. With the recent crap regarding the LA nerf, I'm getting more then a little frustrated with talking to people right now.

The DEVs are working on changing the class to be a 1vs1 king, and this is something I'm staunchly against. I hate the idea of us being duelists and will stop playing the game the moment I can no longer do what I enjoy doing, full filling what little team role I have by flanking enemy positions and disrupting their ability to fight.

I'm also highly against people viewing C4 as the single most important thing to get. Pretty much every cert in the LA tree does more for you then C4, all C4 does is expand your target list to include 1 or 2 vehicles/turrets and lets you kill a couple of MAX suits easily.

If you're in a sea of red blips to them, your in the wrong place to be using a silencer anyway. "Small battle" is relative, you could be in an unexpected area where friendly presence is light (which is where you should be as LA), at which point a big red arrow is easy to spot and hunt for.

I agree though, it depends on where you are and the tactics you employ.
  6. Kyouki

unfortunately 2x reflex is unavailable on Jaguar. Unless something changed in the time I stoped using it for the T5 AMC. Thats right i switched out the Jag for the "worst" TR carbine. It really forces you to change up your playstyle.
    • Up x 1
  7. vaxx

This is true. Read the forums, talk to people in game and they will say OMG you got to 2 C4 ASAP....OMG.

I looked at my killboard tonight on my TR. There is one C4 kill. It was on a 2/2 Vanguard. Point being C4 might be the only thing people use the LA for, but I find its good in some situations, but not a necessity like some people claim. Being able to JJ longer, a better arsenal for situations, and attachments for those goes a longer way for me than C4. Especially when you consider tank mines, rocket launchers, buffed AV turrets, and Air, also take out vehicles.
  8. InterSpectra

My experiences with LA first began with getting JJ6 as quickly as possible. I was just starting out back then, but in hindsight I definitely would recommend getting JJ6 before C-4, if you are a new player. This gives a player plenty of time to learn the mechanics of the game, LA, and gunfights/flank tactics. Once that happens C-4 can be included in offense/defense tactics, by then the player will be much more experienced in positioning themselves with JJ6, etc.

As for weapon of choice I am not the best person to ask. Myself running the regular Solstice with Suppressor + Foregrip + 1x Reflex, and have gotten far too used to the setup plus pistol quick reload to switch up.
  9. RamiFede

I think the SMG is best for light assault. I have killed many bastards with this weapon
  10. PaperPlanes

There is no best weapon for the LA. Most of the carbines are great in their own way. For VS, the VX6-7 is pretty middle of the road, the default Solstice has the benefit of a super fast reload time and low recoil, the Serpent has the best rate of fire and DPS, the Solstice SF gets the underbarrel toys, etc. And then you've still got the shotguns and SMGs which are amazing in Bio Lab fights. And you use a slug pump action with a 4x scope to be a bit of a sniper if you want, which is great considering how easily you can get up into trees and other weird spots.

Currently I am going for auraxium with the default Solstice, using IRNV scope and a laser. Not a fan of barrel attachments as they alter the weapon behavior too much for my tastes and I really don't like silencers at all - very few people bother to look at the minimap and it doesn't even tell them if you're above or below them. In a hectic battle, your silencer means nothing anyway. But you give up bullet velocity in order to use it...for the VS, this is pretty bad as most of our guns already have bad velocity compared to NC/TR weapons. You never want to be in a situation where you have to lead moving targets by a wide margin, it becomes an exercise in frustration.

I think after I medal with the Solstice, I might try the Pulsar C, it reminds me a bit of the NC's Mercenary.
  11. Mythicrose12

I currently have the araxium medal for the majority of the weapons available to the LA. The only weapon I don't recommend is the Soltice Burst. The default Soltice and the Soltice SF are better. VX6-7 and Serpent are solid choices for close to mid range combat. Soltice SF is my sunderer hunting weapon. All shot guns are still pretty solid. Default Soltice is a decent, well rounded gun. The SMGs are good (remmond Sirius over the Eridani unless you run extended magazine on it). Pulsar C is a great mid to long range weapon and still does decent in close combat situations. I don't have the NS carbine so I can't comment on it.

Pick your poison and the gun that best suits your play style or situation at hand.
  12. RedPsycho

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with the SMG... it's not a bad gun, but for Light Assault, even more so ones on the TR there are better alternatives, IMO

As said already here. Jaguar is one of the best guns for the TR. Also for the people who are dismissing using a Silencer on a Jaguar or any Carbine, if you practice enough the velocity issues you have can be easily compensated for. To say someone is wrong for using a silencer on anything is a personal preference. Which just so happens to be what it comes down to when you really look at it. There is a reason every time someone asks a question about a class and you get tons of different answers. Each and every weapon has a place and use.

That being said my loadout for guns goes sorta like this
    #1 Jaguar - Adv. Laser, SPA, Silencer, and Reflex x1
    #2 Jaguar - Adv. Laser, SPA, Silencer, and IR/NV
    Both use JJ6 and C4 X2
    For Suit Slot on these two I jump between Nanoweave 5, Adrenaline Pump, or Bandolier 4

This is my basic loadout and I only really switch my Suit Slot around in this one. Basically I use Nanoweave 5 for most standard base attack or areas I know I'll be able to get ammo resupplied easily. I use Adrenaline Pump wen I'm trying something different and Bandolier 4 is my I'm assaulting a tower or location I don't know what my ammo situation will be, but I'm not expecting enemies to find me. Now when they add the new sound to our JJ in the future... I might change my thoughts around Nanoweave 5 being a more of an all the time vs Bandolier. Will be interesting to see though.

Oh and I don't use Flak unless I am 100% hunting tanks. That is really the only time I ever die to explosives. Nanoweave 5 also keeps me from dieing to a single bouncing betty.

#3 Nighthawk - Extended Mag
    JJ6 and C4X2
    Unlike the other suit I almost only use Bandolier 4 on this loadout. The Nighthawk throws so much lead that having the extra clips is very helpful.
  13. Stargazer86

Pretty much all the guns are useful is some way. People say the Jaguar is best for the TR, but I have the Lynx, and it works plenty fine for me. The S version carbine is nice as well, better for slightly longer ranges, plus capable of carrying a grenade launcher that can help with killing stubborn Sunderers. The shotgun, of course, is excellent at close range, but the SMG's are just as worthwhile, if less so for Light Assault. However, if you want a weapon you can use on your Infiltrator and LA to get a bit more value for your money, the SMG's are still great.
  14. MajiinBuu

Jump Jets 6 is unnecessary. I do fine with JJ5. I can get anywhere, can fall 1000 meters and live with JJ5, can scale any mountain in Amerish, giant coral on indar and the peaks of the purple spires on esamir. The increase from JJ5 to JJ6 is the same as from JJ2 to JJ3, which is not that much.
    I a biolab, 1 nc max can shred apart squads with little resistance, 1 C4 will end his streak. Another C4 will take out all those medics and engineers trying to help the max.
    As for your weapons, I have no clue, I'm Vanu :)
  15. CptFirelord

Trac 5-S with underbarrel Grenade/shotgun, no ammo type, C4, grenade satchel/adren pump, JJ5. If you MUST use a Shotty, Uppercut with extended mag
  16. Yalk

You play TR??? Why not Vanu? Their founder dude in the lore they made up had that and the Vanu artifact cured him or some sh*t
  17. Wolfwood82

Maybe I play Vanu. Maybe your just being imperialist by judging my primary empire based on an avatar in a related forum.
  18. RamiFede

[Sorry for my English if I make mistakes. I'm from Argentina and my language is Spanish.]
    Your equipment is very fine, I'll remember.

Two days ago I have achieved the Auraxum medal with the PDW-16 Hailstorm (for a long time I used the LMG T9 CARV-S with Heavy Assault soldier). Of course we must note that, unlike the SMG's of the other empires, the PDW-16 Hailstorm has 60 bullets.

In my outfit, many Light Assault soldiers used the Hailstorm or LC2 Lynx, and LC3 Jaguar, too. I have chosen the Hailstorm because has 60 bullets and good fire rate, and then I liked it.

I use Hailstorm with HS/NV Scope (I use this optic with all the weapons of the three empires); Compensator; Forward Grip and Soft Point Ammo. C4 x2; Jump jets 4 and Nanoweave Armor 5.

I've come to this post because I'm interested in starting to use a shotgun. I do not know which one, and I do not know if using it with Heavy Assault or Light Assault. What shotgun do you recommend? With which of these two types of soldiers could be better?
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Shotguns
  19. lilleAllan

2 blocks of c4 is by far the most important upgrade for LA - after a few levels in JJ. That's not even up for discussion.
    For suit upgrade I use Adrenile Pumps because it's convenient.

As for weapons, I go with the GD-7F adv. laser sight. More versatile than shotguns/SMG. Let's me murder targets at longer ranges.
  20. Hagestol

I went 3 JJ, 1C4, full VX6-7 upgrade, C4. Don't center the LA style around the C4, they are a tool that helps you take out one extra mech every life. JJs are more important imo.
    • Up x 1