Best LA weapon

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by babqyou, Apr 4, 2013.

1. babqyou

What is the best LA weapon with a good TTK. My three loadouts are:
    1. Hailstorm with softpoint and advanced laser
    2. Haymaker with extended mag and no slugs (i think of shotguns as close range weapons and it is more powerful close range without slugs)
    3. Uppercut with extended mag and no slugs
    And also whats the best Weapon for the combat medic or should i just stick to the Hailstorm smg. my three loadouts for the combat medic are the same for the LA
    and BTW what should i unlock first Second brick of c4 or final upgrade to the jetpack. both are 500 certs.
  2. x13urst

Jag with silencer, adv laser, SPA, NV or 1x scope for LA, and TRV with the same setup as jag, or the NC-11A with compensator, foregrip, SPA, and 1 or 2x scope for medic imo.

And DEFINENTLY C4 without a doubt. It completely changes the class.
  3. Wolfwood82

Final upgrade for JJs, far more useful then second block of C4.

I question why you have 1 SMG and 2 shotgun load outs. I'd pick either the Haymaker or Uppercut and use your third load out with a medium ranged carbine to help vary your load outs.

TBH I'd say replace your Hailstrom with a Jaguar or Lynx as both are more versatile, x13's suggestion for Jaguar load out is spot on (I prefer the 1x reflex myself, the NV scope throws me off by changing colors).

After that, pick a shotgun and use it for tower assaults, my advice would be Uppercut as I'm not a fan of the 8 shot semi-autos and the Uppercut at least gives you the advantage of faster reloads if you only use a shot or two, and has a much better range and spread.

Finally either pick up a Trac-5 S with UBGL/UBSG or learn to use a T5, you'll find situations where having decent range on a LA is absolutely crucial.
  4. x13urst

Why do you suggest JJ upgrade over C4? A second C4 allows tank kills, and the JJ upgrade seems very miniscule compared to blowing up tanks. Just curious
  5. Rogueghost

I highly disagree with getting a silencer on the jag, I have around 2,200 kills with the thing and the extra range not having a silencer gives you is worth it, trust me.

SMGs are the only weapon I would recommend slapping a silencer onto, just because they are already pretty bad outside 35 meters.
  6. NexusOfCrisis

Agreed.

And for your medic, I love my SABR-13 with high velocity ammo, laser sight, and the 4X scope. I have 1900+ kills with it. You just have to get used to it not being auto. Better than any of the scout rifles in my opinion.
  7. Ghoest

#1 Jag

#2 Nighthawk/Piston with slugs.

If i was a TR I would use both set up depending on the situation.
    Slugs are no longer good for sniping - but between 30 and 60 meters they are great.
  8. Ghoest

Max JJ isnt miniscule, it nice - but I agree with you that C4 is awesome and should come after JJ3.
  9. x13urst

For CQC the silencer is great. It allows you to live longer when you flank. But yeah i agree if you're not in CQC then take off the silencer off. But honestly you shouldn't be playing LA if its a long range fight.
  10. Wolfwood82

Because that 6th level makes all the difference in the world for increasing drift time, and is far more useful and efficient then C4.

C4 in itself is highly over rated. Yes it's nice to have 1, even better to have 2, however the number of situations where JJ6 comes in handy will far exceed the number of times you appreciate having that second block. You may or may not notice the level of difference between JJ5 and 6, but I'll tell you it has saved my life countless times while C4 has done little more then netted me 1 or 2 kills here and there.

Also you can kill tanks with 1 block if you target the half dead ones. Heck the first 3 vehicle kills I got from my 1 block of C4 were Sunderer kills. The game isn't a test to see what you can solo, it's a test to see how efficient you are with what you have. And throwing 200 resources at a single target to me sounds very inefficient, particularly when I can get the exact same result by throwing 100 resources at the right target.
    Losing that range and staying undetected for as long as possible is far more useful. If you want range, you'd be better off with a Trac-5 with compensator and foregrip/HV ammo or a T5 AMC.
  11. blzbug

It would be nice if you could take a few seconds to equip or unequip the silencer. Baring that, I always keep a silencer on with my LA. I run HV ammo to help compensate. Anything beyond NV range is too far for me. I'm not trying to snipe with LA. Even in an outdoor fight where the silencer can be a headache for hitting shots, it still keeps you off the radar, which is even more useful than an indoor fight. In CQC, there are dots and numbers and symbols jamming up the map. Outdoors, if you're the only red dot in the open field, you can guarantee extra attention from the enemy.

JJ6 vs 2xC4 depends on your playstyle. I love popping tanks, so 2xC4 would be my choice. If you want to run and gun more, JJ6. It is a small difference really. You will want both as soon as possible, if LA is your primary focus.
  12. Ghoest

One C4 is probably ok if you use them on infantry. I essentially never use them on infantry. I only use them on turrets tanks, sundies and air craft most of the time.
    And since you usually need 2 of them for most of these targets its pretty silly to stop at one.

People like you just dont understand the overwhelming awesomeness of blowing stuff up.
  13. vaxx

JJ6 > 2 C4.

I always suggest JJ6 over C4. More situations can benefit from JJ than C4. Once you max out JJ, grabbing the C4 is fine. JJ are better to max out for every situation. C4 is great, but too situational.

I also would suggest Jag or Lynx over any SMG. They are also more all around, and just not situational.

All personal preference.
  14. Ghoest

Over the last month I would get that half of my LA spawns resulted in me blowing something up. I dont think that is particularly situational.
    • Up x 1
  15. Kahlev

Same, I rarely end up dying before using my C4 each life on something that nets me a heavy point gain and is of strategic value.

I can rarely think of situations where I got somewhere with JJ6 that I couldn't have gotten to with JJ4/5 instead if I really had to. It's a nice change, and you should get it, but it's not even remotely close to the strategic world changer 2xC4 is.
  16. commandoFi

The value of an extra C4 is exponential, while JJ6 is incremental. If you ever are around vehicles you can easily get a lot of points and help your team with it. If you focus purely on infantry fighting then JJ6 may be better for you. I run the Jag with NV, SPA, and adv laser. I plan on adding the suppressor later. If you want to use this loadout at range I would switch to Flash suppressor or attachment and 2x red dot, as I have more difficulty at range with the NV (red dot helps with aim somehow).
  17. Wolfwood82

And people like you just don't understand anything short of blowing stuff up. I said:

You don't need 2 blocks of C4 to be an effective anti-tank unit. All you need is one, and you do enough damage to scare the crap out of them, let an HA finish them with 1 or 2 rockets, or out right kill them depending on your timing.

People like you who routinely waste 2 blocks on a single target for laughs are, IMO, bad players. Not only can you do so much more in a single life then you allow yourself, but you limit yourself to set potential targets just because you want to blow the things up.

Mathematically and logically speaking, JJ6 is far more potent then a second block of C4. No matter what you focus on.
  18. Yalk

Um, your logic

1 C4 can blow up a single damaged tank

My logic

2 C4 can now blow up TWO damaged tanks
    2 C4 can now blow up 1 damaged tank AND a Max WITHOUT resupply
    2 C4 can take out a pristine turret that's your slaughtering your ESF
    2 C4 can make 2 Max suits rage quit

C4 is a force multiplier...having more force multipliers makes everything you do have more of an impact

If your picking off hurt targets your doing it wrong, your the one wasting 100 resources...go pull a max...those targets are hurt for a reason

But a un hurt enemy in a position that can fire on allies that cannot return fire....THAT is something worth removing...and 2 C4 allows that

TL;DR:

C4 = 2 Awesome
    2 x C4 = 4 Awesome
  19. Wolfwood82

So how do you get to an enemy that is firing on allies that are unable to return fire? How often is this situation a situation? Try making sense once in awhile FFS...

And a force multiplier? First off, you over estimate the "awesome" of 1 C4, that's a 1. Secondly, a second C4 = the sum of it's individual parts. It doubles your power because it doubles your quantity. 2 C4 does not equal more then the sum of 2 separate blocks of C4, and therefore is not a force multiplier.

Thirdly, again how do you get to a target? Usually this involves JJing a bit. At level 5 you can't really get around to save your life, let alone quickly get to positions where high value targets are. JJ6 gives you a significant boost to your mobility especially in rocky terrain. 2 C4 is useless prior to JJ6.

Fourthly, yes, they are damaged for a reason. That reason being whatever damaged them was unable to finish the job, that's where you come in. C4 has a wide variety of uses but only a limited number of situations in which those uses appear. 2 C4 drives up the desire to waste resources on a single target, rather then conserving them for actual high value targets, or targets of opportunity. Unless you have the discipline to consider your targets, you should not be driving for 2 C4.

Your logic

C4 ******* rockets! MOAR EKUELZ BETR!!!!!

My logic

It's not worth it till you have the mobility to use it.

By the way, want to know what a real force multiplier is? JJ6. Why? Because not only does it enhance your effectiveness when using C4, it changes every effing aspect of your mobility and game play. Your JJs last longer, get you higher, coast further, recharge faster, and have an over all higher level of impact on every aspect of your role as an LA. That is what it means to be a force multipler.

If you want to blow a tank up, 2 C4 is the way to go.

If you want to be a better LA in general, JJ6 is the way to go.

It's really that simple.
  20. ladiesop

The 'S' Carbine gives you things no other weapon can. If you SC it, then the cert investment would be 100 for the launcher and 30 for optics. Things like SPA and barrel attachment can come later.