best LA medium weapon for TR

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by consciousvillan, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Pat22

Hey, I like a 3.4x on my T5 AMC.
  2. consciousvillan

cheers thats really helpful info on the sensitivity settings, and im playing on miller
  3. cruczi

Why would you want a 3000 DPI mouse? That's like 3 times more than is necessary for pixel perfect sensor precision at 1080p even assuming your sensitivity is very high in-game
  4. consciousvillan

well in the past ive just found that it gave me more control in balancing my settings but to be fair i didnt have a 1080p screen.. i was on under the assumptpn it would make my movements more percise.. would 1000dpi be enough in your opinion
  5. ShadowOfKasumi

Lynx with 1x or 2x reflex
  6. Iridar51

I've heard there's some merit to using super high DPI with super low in-game sensitivity multiplier, allegedly this should enable super precise crosshair positioning, because of how the rounding of incoming mouse input works.
  7. cruczi

Yeah, I've been playing at 1150 DPI (Zowie FK) for the past couple of years. My sensitivity in-game is 0.08 which translates to around 25-30 centimeters per 360 degree turn in-game. It's more than precise enough. I used to play at 400 DPI (microsoft WMO mouse), it was precise enough as far as I could tell, but switching to a higher DPI mouse allowed me to get rid of the WMO sensor's negative acceleration.
  8. Nakar

I play at 800 dpi and default (.50) sensitivity.

What now?
  9. Bankrotas

We subjectively laugh at you.
  10. Iridar51

I play at 1600 and 0.22, which - if I understand correctly how this works - is in result similar to 800 / 0.5
    To me, that's convenient, although, sometimes can be just a bit too fast, when pixel hunting with AV turret especially.
  11. Bankrotas

That's why I joked. It doesn't ******* matter what sensitivity you use, all that matters, that you can aim well with it.
  12. bubbacon

Med-Long ranges always tend to give TR Troopers heart burn due to our lack of competitiveness at those ranges. I know your looking for weapons < 1K certs, but here is a list of a few you may want to consider along with the T5 AMC for those Med ranged LA encounters.

Cougar is meh 1K certs. Long range good. GD-7F/Merc and Pulsar C users will be more competitive.
    TRAC 5S Surprisingly effective with SPA or HVA at Med-Long ranges.
    TRAC 5B Laser accurate. High skill/High reward very effective.
    NS 11C is very effective. Solid and Competitive. Do not use Suppressor with it...blows it up bad imo.
    NS-7PDW...This thing is mean. It's a SMG that hits like a Carbine. SPA/Ext Mag
  13. bubbacon

14. Lethal_Sting

Hey Iridar you were right! :p

Was just in my head. My T5 was working beautifully last night.
  15. Iridar51

Glad I could help :) Though I still think Cougar is better due to less horizontal recoil per second and higher damage tier. I think T5 AMC needs to have 698 RoF to compete with Cougar, so T5 AMC would be a higher DPS solution for a bit closer engagements, while Cougar would be all-in for range.

Right now T5 AMC got nothing on Cougar. Same DPS and worse everything else except for bullet velocity, but at ranges where that would come into play T5 AMC will lose due to more recoil. I guess T5 AMC will be better when suppressed, especially with HVA, since increase/decrease are percentage based. Suppressed T5 AMC with HVA has 422 m/s, while suppressed Cougar with HVA has 390. Not a huge difference.
  16. cruczi

Holy crap that is fast. Something like 6-7 cm per 360 degree turn if I calculated it right ?
  17. cruczi

T5 AMC has slightly easier recoil. Horizontal with grip: 0.134 vs 0.141. Vertical recoil per second is the same, but T5 AMC has 15% lower first shot recoil.

Also, hipfire cof is 0.25 lower :p
  18. Iridar51

What matter is recoil per second, and T5 AMC has more due to higher RoF. Forgot about hip fire CoF, so yeah, I guess that's one point in favor.
  19. cruczi

Higher RoF does not more recoil make.

T5 AMC: 0.295 * 652 / 60 = 3.21
    Cougar: 0.35 * 550 / 60 = 3.21

With first shot recoil included, recoil per second is 0.02 in T5 AMC's favor.
  20. Iridar51

I was talking about horizontal recoil...