Best gun for all faction and class List.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lolla, Dec 9, 2012.

1. FendleyFire

TR
    Medic: Using the TAR for CQC and the NS-11a for longer range.

Is the TRAC5-S the only TR carbine that can use the underslung grenade launcher? As I'm starting to work on my engineer and light assault a bit more and if it's the only one that can get it I will probably buy it.
  2. Necron

Yes, the S is the only model that gets the under-barrel attachments. It's the same for all factions: Trac-5S, Solstice SF and Gauss Compact S.

If only I could mount the GL on my AC-X11... I know, I know, way too OP. A guy can dream :)
  3. Crywalker

Because the launcher is buggy and the gun part is sub par. And yes I've used it. Better off with Pulsar C, VX6-7, or even stock solstice than the garbage SF. Wish I could get my certs back for it.
  4. Rocketpig3

[/quote]Is the TRAC5-S the only TR carbine that can use the underslung grenade launcher? As I'm starting to work on my engineer and light assault a bit more and if it's the only one that can get it I will probably buy it.[/quote] I know if it is the same gun as the soltice SF then it probably is cause the SF is the only Vanu gun that can have the underslung grenade launcher
  5. Rocketpig3

I know the solstice SF is the Vanu weapon that can have the underslung grenade launcher. If it is the same for TR then yes it is the only TR weapon that can have the grenade launcher
  6. R-A-B

Is the TRAC5-S the only TR carbine that can use the underslung grenade launcher? As I'm starting to work on my engineer and light assault a bit more and if it's the only one that can get it I will probably buy it.[/quote] I know if it is the same gun as the soltice SF then it probably is cause the SF is the only Vanu gun that can have the underslung grenade launcher[/quote]

Trac5-s is indeed the only carbine that can use the underslung weapons, though the cycler s1 or something can as well.

Personally if your engineer check out the amr-66. For some reason it doesn't show up on the "show more" weapons page but you can get it directly through certs. I adore it for its hard hitting accurate fire at the ranges I find myself mostly fighting as an engineer. Put a grip and compensator on it and you can fire it pretty damn fast too.
  7. Rocketpig3

the soltice SF is good and at least for me it doesn't glitch with resupply that much
  8. Mastaffah

VS
    HA: Ursa
    Engineer/LA: Serpent
    Medic: H-V45
    Infiltrator: no thanks

NC
    HA: EM6
    Engineer/LA: GD-7F
    Medic: Gauss Rifle S w/underbarrel grenade launcher
    Infiltrator: again, no thanks
  9. Rocketpig3

I know if it is the same gun as the soltice SF then it probably is cause the SF is the only Vanu gun that can have the underslung grenade launcher[/quote]

Trac5-s is indeed the only carbine that can use the underslung weapons, though the cycler s1 or something can as well.

Personally if your engineer check out the amr-66. For some reason it doesn't show up on the "show more" weapons page but you can get it directly through certs. I adore it for its hard hitting accurate fire at the ranges I find myself mostly fighting as an engineer. Put a grip and compensator on it and you can fire it pretty **** fast too.[/quote]
    I'm VS so I can't use the amr. Also I thought only the Trac-5S Solstice SF and Gauss compact S could have the underslung grenade launcher
  10. TheTreeness

Vanu

HA:
    CQC: Pandora
    Further than shotgun range but under mid range: Pulsar LSW
    Mid Range: The Flare
    Mid Range to Semi- Long Range: Ursa
    My Personal Favourite All Rounder: The Flare

Engineer/LA:
    CQC: Pandora
    Further than shotgun range but under mid range: Serpent
    Mid Range: Pulsar C
    My Personal Favourite All Rounder: Pulsar C

Medic:
    Don't know

Infiltrator:
    CQC: Nyx
    Mid Range: Phantom
    Long Range: Parallax
    My Personal Favourite All Rounder: Nyx
  11. R-A-B

Personally if your engineer check out the amr-66. For some reason it doesn't show up on the "show more" weapons page but you can get it directly through certs. I adore it for its hard hitting accurate fire at the ranges I find myself mostly fighting as an engineer. Put a grip and compensator on it and you can fire it pretty **** fast too.[/quote]
    I'm VS so I can't use the amr. Also I thought only the Trac-5S Solstice SF and Gauss compact S could have the underslung grenade launcher[/quote]

As vs You'll be looking for the Ediolon I think its called. Its in a little catagory called "Battle rfiles"
  12. Llaf

For the TR I'd have to say(going off personal preference)

Infiltrator - RAMS .50m for conventional sniping or TSAR-42 for cqc bolt action goodness
    LA/Engineer - TRAC-5 w/ 1x red dot, foregrip, flash suppressor, my second favorite gun in the game
    Medic - Cycler TRV with 1x red dot, foregrip, soft point, and whatever barrel attachment
    HA - TMG-50 w/ foregrip, 3.4 or 1x red dot(depending) HV ammo, compensator
    MAX - M6 Onslaught

Universal - AS16-Nighthawk (or other empires equivalents) full-auto shotgun. 1x red dot, extended mags, standard ammo. Favorite weapon in the game hands down.

I have almost all the TR guns and these are just my current preferences.
  13. Zerlu

NC:

LA: Compact S with underslung grenade launcher
    HA: Gauss Saw - With the right attachments its pretty brutal.
    Engineer: GD-7
    MAX: Dual Hacksaw

Haven't played the other two infantry classes much.
  14. Cpu46

In my opinion:

TR engineer/Heavy Assault: AMR-66 with a 4x or 6x scope depending on the range, simply for the fact that not many people know that the heavy and engineer have access to a scout rifle. High damage, great attachments, and a nice 20 round clip.
    Medic: TAR with a 2x reflex. Rate of fire is phenomenal and the accuracy is wonderful as well. A few good bursts and the target goes down at medium to short range and you can pull off some nice kills at long range with single shots.
    Light assault: AS16 NightHawk with a 4x scope and slug ammo. If you can predict the bullet drop you can take down pretty much anything at the lower end of medium range with this. Especially if you get the high ground.
    Infiltrator: KSR-35 with a 4x or 6x scope suits my playstyle quite well. It has the ability to take on targets at a normal sniper range but dominates anything under that up until the lower end of mid range. Can even work well at close range if your target doesn't know you're there. Alternatively the SOAS-20 will shred anything at mid to short range, though it tends to burn through the 20 round clip extremely fast.
  15. Akuzar

NC:

LA- GD-7F
    Medic- Carnage AR
    Engineer- Compact S
    Heavy- EM6
    Infiltrator- Longshot / NS-PDW
  16. Morti

Necro detected.

Thread decontamination will begin in 10.. 9..
  17. z1967

TR Light Assault
    Trac-5 with a laser sight and 1x/IRNV scope. suppressor optional, even the 1x/IRNV scope is optional to be honest since the iron-sights are ok.
    TR Engineer
    Trac-5 Burst with a 3.4 chevron or a 4x with crosshairs. Put on a foregrip to reduce recoil or don't, I can't make decisions for you.

These are what i use along with a well certed NS-7 PDW.
  18. term1270

For NC Medic I like to use the Carnage AR, it is one of my favorite NC guns next to the Blitz GD-10
  19. Hoki

Facility / Open field
    MSW-R / T32 Bull
    TAR / T1S Cycler
    Jaguar / T5 AMC
  20. Thorval

Faction - New Conglomerate_____________ TR_____________ VS
    Light assault and engineer - Blitz_________ Trac-5_______ ...WHAT?
    Heavy - Blitz__________________________ Moar bullets_ YEAH RIGHT
    infiltrator - Blitz________________________ Moar bullets ____no really
    Medic - Blitz___________________________Moar bullets_ Screw these guys

:p But seriously.

Faction - New Conglomerate_____________TR
    Light assault and engineer - Blitz _________Trac-5
    Heavy - Gauss Saw____________________T9 Carv
    infiltrator - Longshot____________________Rams .50
    Medic - GR-22________________________TAR