Best Faction for Engineer Class ?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Targanwolf, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Targanwolf

I have been playing Vamu but am open to exploring another faction if they can bring some pluses to my gaming experience . Any thoughts ? Perhaps there are no meaningful differences to warrant a change ?
  2. EmpireCrusher203

I currently play Engineer on NC because i absolutely love the Mercenary. It's practically the only good starter gun for NC, gauss saw kinda sucks without forward grip.

Yes, you should go to the other factions. You DO have two other character slots. Use them up! I usually stick to one class per server, which is, Inflitrator for TR, Light Assualt for VS, and Engineer for NC

P.S. you mispelled Vanu
    • Up x 3
  3. Dualice

I too found the Mercenary a brilliant starter weapon. Seems to have little to no recoil bias, so so easy to control.

I'd certainly encourage trying out the different factions, it's nice to get perspective on what the other guys are using, and you might have fun in the process :) I started out as Vanu myself, made a TR toon for a laugh, then ended up converting permanently!
    • Up x 1
  4. Eternaloptimist

Depends on how many certs you have and what you like to carry around with you. By which I mean that AI mines and carbines are about the only differentiators between factions so far as I can see. When I am running a carbine rather than a slug shotgun I don't think you can beat the TR Jaguar with advanced laser sight for rof, accuracy at different ranges and hip fire accuracy - but it costs. If you are going default carbine I agree that the Merc is solid...but then the Solstice is very useable as well. Also the TR Claymore has advantages over the other faction AI mines as an ambush weapon. Sure, it's directional but it triggers immediately and does higher damage. Other than that, I find burst carbines are handy for long range engagement - the NC and VS burst variants are insanely accurate. For some reason (and it could just be me) I feel that the Trac 5 Burst has a bit more recoil than the other two so I still prefer the Jaguar for ranged combat.

The real decider is, of course, the voicepack. The TR drill sergeant wins hands down in my book! Seriously though, Engineer is so vesatile and fun for me that I love all my engineer alts regardless of faction and hardly play any other class nowadays.
    • Up x 1
  5. Targanwolf

What I like to do with my engineer :
    Repair
    Resupply ammo
    tower fights from an anti air or anti ground vehicle cannon
    use AP and AT mines for nasty surprises
    fight from range with rifle
    be a hell bent demon with my anti vehicle cannon
    ---------------------------------
    What I don't like to do is close quarters combat ....with my engineer. I will play an infiltrator for closer combat to take/hold control points ,sniping,hacking.
  6. Eternaloptimist

Interestingly, this is the most fun role for me, at least in bases. Of course you meet a lot of HAs up close which is a disadvantage but mining the entrances to cap points and likely pathways through buildings is super fun and a spitfire on a cap point gives that thing about the only use I think it has - earlyw warning and the chance to pick up a few assists. Slug shotty is my weapon of choice in these situations (slugs becasue the baddies are not always right in your face even in bases).

But I also get a big kick out of the AV mana turret, especially cheese bombing infantry at long range - I don't even bother with the AI mana turret nowadays and would love to be able to swap it for a bipod mounted LMG or something similar for ranged combat. I have the BR, which is still pretty limited though better after the buff, and the burst carbines are crazy accurate at range but still.........
  7. Krinsee

Personally I think Engy is one of the more balanced classes between empires. Infils being secondary due to cloak sounds.

Weapons seem fairly close in line with each other. Turrets are identical. And same with ammo. So go with what you want. Empire doesn't matter for this class IIHO
  8. Who Garou

The faction you want to play.

Honestly, Medics, Engies, and Light Assaults play the same across all the factions as far as I can tell.

The big differences being between main factions being Infiltrators, Heavies, and Maxes in regards to infantry.

I run a lot of engie and they perform the same function regardless of faction.

Anti-vehicle mines don't seem to be as useful against Mag-riders as compared to any other kind of vehicle (they simply don't go off a lot of the time when Mag riders run over them). I say this because you say you run Vanu, so that is the only real "negative" that I can see to run an Engie in another faction as opposed to the Vanu.

You get 3 slots for free. I figure they are there so you can check out each of the factions.
    Might as well try the other factions - you can always delete that character if you don't want it.
  9. Ximaster

Well,all factions have similar weaponery,but every faction have their own characteristics,for example,Vanu dont have bullet drop,TR more bullets per clip and NC more firepower. Make ur own conclussions.
  10. Verceterix

NC is my favorite, but I don't understand the Mercenary fascination. Gun has great recoil control, but the bullets just seem to spray in random directions once you're firing past 10 meters or so. TR and VS starter weapons, on the other hand, have fast rate of fire and precision accuracy, especially the VS starter carbine. Personally, I've never seen a game where bullets seem to fly out in random patterns, and it seems to affect the NC weapons more than either of the other two factions, from my experience.
  11. AZAN

Only major difference in my opinion is the AP mines, TR's are less noob friendly but are superior once you know what you're doing with them.
  12. Azawarau

Vanu is my preference for the tanks they have but TR would probably be best since they have the most vehicle firepower

NC has some useful tools but not really as good by comparison
  13. Crayv

I like NC's weapons. Their carbine selection is rather great.
  14. HomicideJack

I play the TR Engy because my faction, on PS4 at least, favors the MAX suit. Most of my score comes from just repairing MAXes.