Best ESF Dogfighters

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by PureSalad, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PureSalad

After this patch, I'm not even playing until fixes are made, FPS issues make flying hazardous around terrain with risk of smashing into things.

Rotary change I haven't really been able to test but I think the mosquito got the better deal out of it for close quaters.

Lock on/missle bug has ruined flying. ESF Rotaries sometimes shoot blank bullets that do nothing.

Random movement change seems clumsy and sluggish.

I don't know, from my point of view flying is pointless after the patch and I don't see myself playing the game for too much longer if things are not reverted or changed quickly.

MY biggest problem with the new patch is the spotting. I cannot see a enemies name unless I target them and hold it there for a second and in a ESF fight that is impossible, along with the chat change where it does not display who you kill or who killed you. It breaks the whole atmosphere of flying into a Known player that is good at flying, or that guy did amazing what was his name. It's just plane vs plane now, instead of person vs person imo.
    • Up x 1
  2. Khainin

Did the client update today help out at all? I seem to have noticed an increase in FPS, but still not to where it was at before GU2. Lock on Missiles do suck the fun out of a lot. I wish they didn't turn as sharp so they could be dodged and I wish flares were ammo with no cooldown. Hell make them cost air resources to restock flare ammo, I don't care. But they have a strong offensive weapon right now with limited defensive counters, which is stupid if you ask me.

I'm not sure how I feel about the rotary changes, I'm not leading ESF's as effectively as before. Though on the plus side, It seems like Liberators go down faster. I thought the Reaver rotary was better than the Mosquito's.
  3. PureSalad

I have not yet played on the update, hopefully will here in a few minutes. Broken lock on's have prevented me from flying for more than 5 mins each ESF. I also submitted a ticket to SOE basically the same type of idea you just said. Flares that are ammo based, 1 flare = 1 ammo = 1 flare to kill each lock/missle. So you would use a flare on individual rockets, Starting with 5 flares at level 1, that way certing it would not become reduced timer, but increased flare capacity that you can restock at air pads just like ammo.

Would basically fix the AA balance completely, and turn dodging AA, getting rid of locks, dogfighting, vehicle destroying into more of a skill based system as you need to save your flares and use them efficiently.

As for the Rotaries, I feel my reaver got ****** with the velocity drop because the gun is already off centered so dog fighting someone now is really really tricky. I was trying to kill horrible pilots last night that flew past me and didnt land a single shot because of how bad it feels. My bullets feel like they drop out my gun like a garden hose while turning.
  4. Maruun

The best ESF dogfights? Right now?
    When both pilots land on a safe spot get out of the ESF and standing in front of each other with the pistol out and waiting until sunrise to shot each other.

Sorry couldnt resist.... :p
  5. PureSalad

Couldn't resist, but so f'ing true, and sad. Top ESF pilot right now is actually the missles themselves, they don't give a **** about anything or anyone.....just destroying.
  6. PureSalad

Seems the lock on's are still broken, hope you guys are getting more fly time than me outside the warpgate.
  7. MittRackRObama

ROCKETCHICKEN is good! LOOK AT HIM FLY!

8. rocketchicken

These videos are of such poor quality I can't even make out the name of the pilots you are recording. Not to mention how prevalent and easy video editing is these days. Slander and lies.

Whoever is flying though looks like they know how to maneuver a scythe quite well. If that person were to write a tutorial for new pilots, I'd be obliged to read it just to see if there's anything I could learn from them.
    • Up x 2
  9. Crazy Airborne

Im glad the TR on this server (or at least the guys I play with) dont have all this drama and Tking in the warpgate. seems like lots of people acting like little kids.
  10. MittRackRObama

Yes you can see your name you just have to wait until you come closer to the camera. You're just embarrassed in front of your peers to admit your behavior towards friendlies and foes alike.
  11. PureSalad

Clearly him in the video, and I've heard other rumors of how troll Rocketchicken was, but that goes for 80% of the VS on Jaeger. It's like one person on the VS decided to tell everyone how to exploit, troll, and set the standard for the whole faction.
    Here's my video of rocketchicken.

I don't see a "How to" on ship flipping and team killing in your writen guide. So I believe that guide you posted was copy/paste of someone else, because clearly a guide from you....would cover such critical topics of your expertise.

I see some people do some ****** stuff on NC, but most of them are around BR 1-10 so they are either very new to the game, or Alternate characters from TR or VS. Very rare regardless. Although I think the TR and NC overall have a much more over all mature population hands down.
  12. MittRackRObama

Thanks for the reality check PureSalad. I've run into you a few times I think you've got the best of me so far. I love the challenge of fighting higher levels like you. Just gotta say, lots of support tickets opened on FGHP members by multiple people on Vanu NC and TR. So far, about a week suspension to two or more players and that's it.

You think if you violated SOE's code of conduct more than once you'd be kicked right? Wrong.
  13. PureSalad

Not anymore, I feel like a scrub in the air after the changes. Just can't seem to figure out this awkward gun velocity / movement change.

If you violate SOE's code you should be warned, then kicked for a week, then banned. Unfortunatly I don't think SOE cares a huge amount since I've seen the same guy teleport and kill people for the past week. Tummi or whatever his name is. Guy's a serious game breaker. He literally can shut down a whole base assault by himself.
  14. Shahz

Teran Republic - CrazyAirborne, Dson, MissFrenzy (in that order)
    CrazyAirborne hands down overall best mossie pilot in my opinion as an apponent I almost always know when its him as i pretty much either get full clipped or he can stick to my strange maneuvers like white on rice and still take me down

Dson on lib (not sure if he mossies much) He never makes it easy to down his lib doing all kinds of flips and making me peel a lot more than i usually have to on libs, majority of the time forcing me to bail and hunt someone else

MissFrenzy on lib, never got caught in a fight with him in air but i do know that he has killed me too many times to count when im on the ground, i tend to just redeploy somewhere else when hes flying above me.

New Conglom - Mause (dont know many others as im always on indar and most of the time fighting TR)
    Mause on his reaver face to face wrecks me in dog fights, not sure what im doing wrong but he eats my food pretty fast lol

Vanu - RocketChicken
    As I do not have experience fighting VS pilots other than nevesnet who doesn't even count, I can only speak of people i see in the air near me wrecking ****, and one of the ONLY vs pilots that hasn't accidentally crashed into me. I had my issues with him in the past, but overall hes also a cool guy, just out to have fun.

That is my list for now, unfortunately I havent seen a lot of the regs in the air as much as prior to the latest big patch
  15. PaperPlanes

crazyairborne is....a coward!

Oh and sorry again for logging out in the air that night above Peris, trying out ultra settings with everything being so dark at night was a nightmare, I could barely see anything so I just logged out to avoid death, it was almost as bad for my eyes as when I get the graphics flickering bug. I don't really like dying when I never had a chance to begin with. Frankly if I knew it was you shooting at me crazy I would have let you kill me, I was thinking "oh man, I'm not letting some BR4 kill me because I can barely see anything" originally. Back to normal night time visibility after going back to medium.

You've killed me enough times already though, I don't think you'll miss one ;)
  16. SpaceMilk

Kidapathy is cajual right guys?

Wow, shows how immature you are you little brat. Acting like cajual is so cool and he wouldn'T teamkill me or spawnkill me. Acting like you were someone else. Yes I saw that,
    Brat.
  17. Cleaver

^Once again, in English please.
  18. PureSalad

I have not seen Mause in game yet, or Dson but I'm trying to not get into Lib pilot discussion again.

I'm not even sure what you guys are talking about.
  19. SpaceMilk

Hey Cleaver, nice to see that you play on Jaeger.
  20. Sylas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.