Best combo for taking out player-bases?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Slamz, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Slamz

I know all about sacking player bases but I'm not sure what the best loadout for an infiltrator is since I don't play them much. I'm interested in TR but feel free to provide input on other teams, if they vary.

The goal:
    Destroy 1-2 structural shield modules.
    Overload the HIVE's internal shield.
    Blow up the VP module.
    Ideally have enough ammo to do this in one run, if possible.
    (Might also need enough ammo to kill 1-2 turret AI modules but I bet that's pushing it in terms of being able to carry enough damage. Usually you can find a place to safely fire from, though, and just avoid the turrets that way.)

My thinking is I want the Stalker cloak so I can stay cloaked indefinitely if there's anyone around. That means no main gun so a big part of the question is "what's the best pistol".

"Best" is probably a combination of:
    * Most total damage per loadout. Add up total rounds carried x damage per round and this should be as high as possible.
    ....but also....
    * Decent DPS. It might still be handy to kill a few things fast rather than slowly plink them to death with a crossbow because I might not always have all day to dally around.

And grenade bandolier or ammunition belt?
  2. BartasRS

I occasionally manage to take down enemy hive solo, in one run. The stuff I take is SMG, Emissarry, 2 mines and ammo belt.
    Providing that there are no deffenders it goes like this:

- put mines next to shield module, blow them up with side arm
    - finish shield module with side arm
    - finish second module with remaining ammo in side arm (this may be needed at first to kill automated def module)
    - finish additional module with SMG (if needed)
    - overload hive shield
    - throw nade at core
    - finish core with SMG

After this you should have some ammo left in your SMG to kill one or 2 enemies. If it is just a hive with 1 shield mod and no defences you can pull this off easily with Stalker setup. 2 mines are needed then, save 1 to blow up near unshielded core.
    • Up x 1
  3. Eternaloptimist

Nothing to add to the above but a note about pistols................
    Whilst people who can aim well go for the Commie or the Blackhand, a lesser player like me has preferred the burst pistols (Desperado, Spiker, Inquisitor). But recently I've found the auto pistols (Emissary or if lucky enough to be TR the T4 Amp) to be good if you can unload at a target that doesn't get out of the way too quickly. Their TTK is a bit weak but the sustained fire works for me.
  4. Rhello

NS44 is the most sustainable option, along with the crossbow. Their ammo reserve is insane compared to the repeater-like pistols, it's a flat yes when it comes to choosing between those options for what you're asking.