Best class, best people. Get ready.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by repairtool6, May 12, 2015.

1. repairtool6

• Up x 2
  2. Xebov

It sounds interesting and may help to get rid of the huge amount of MAXes around. It is a nice option over C4 since its cheaper.
  3. RedArmy

they have more metal than a flash - its about time
    • Up x 4
  4. OldMaster80

I'm fine with av mines triggered by Max Units but they're going to oneshotted as they have no damage mitigation from mines. The only way for them to counter mines is the eod hud (which requires energy that mainly comes from the shop).

Even if I'm mainly playing Engineer and I've played Max less than 0,5% of the time since launch I'm not sure I like this.
  5. Eyeklops

The tweet doesn't say anything about MAX's getting one-shot by tank mines, just that they will now set them off. Honestly, MAX's should not get one-shot when compared to C4. Tank mines are cheaper, more can be deployed at the same time, and no trigger is needed (lower risk/skill). I feel that doing 50 to 75% damage would be a good place for tank mines vs MAX units.

If MAX units currently get one shot by tank mines they may need to balance it.
    • Up x 1
  6. _itg

Now if only they weren't made of papier-mâché when a flash hits them.
    • Up x 1
  7. Efraim

EMP nades will clear a room for mines easily enough as well as soften up whoever is inside
  8. Iridar51

Oh for the love of all that is holy - FINALLY!
    I'd play engi just to make MAXes rage.
  9. OldMaster80

Ever tried to drop a mine then shot it when the max passes by? They get oneshotted. Av mine deal enough damage to destroy a vehicle, of course they kill a max.
    Btw with this and the upcoming rocklet rifle maybe the age of Max Units is close to an end.
  10. Liewec123

age of max units? i already have a difficult enough time trying to convince myself to waste 450 resources on a vehicle that is 4 times less durable, a hell of a lot slower and has a fraction of the firepower of an equally expensive tank, which i can't even leave to capture a point.

adding one-shot cheap proxy mines will atleast make deciding to spent my resources on something better a lot easier...
  11. iMartyr

All it will take is a few EMP's thrown at the wall of a point building. Now if they got rid of the EMP's wall penetrating features...
  12. Kulso

Oh mah gawd yus!
  13. Iridar51

As long as MAXes can easily dominate multiple infantry in a series of 1v1 scenarios, age of MAXes will never be truly over, but perhaps fear of losing the MAX to a random mine will keep some of the casual users from pulling one. More dedicated users will just switch to EOD hud, though I suspect many of them were using it already.

What's interesting is that MAX flak armor doesn't counter AV mines as it does C4, since you can just throw 2 mines on top of each other, and it won't take much longer and subject you to risk like throwing an extra C4 brick would.

Rocklet rifle - depends on who gets to wield it.
  14. Deffington

I just held SABR13 in my hands. I want it for engie so much!
  15. repairtool6

Its finally here and i love it :D