Best beginner reaver nose gun?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Swooped, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Swooped

I love flying and I've played in the reaver a lot with rocket pods but i can't do much when it comes to a air vs air fight so I've been practicing. I have all of the nose guns unlocked except for the kestrel and i was wondering what would be a good one for someone who's not that great at air to air.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I thought there was a vehicle forum but i couldn't find it.
  2. vsae

The default one.
    • Up x 4
  3. Axehilt

Kinda feel like they're pretty even overall. I suppose as a newer pilot I felt like I wanted to maximize short-term DPS for the narrow windows of opportunity I opened up for myself, which the Vortek's burst damage is well suited for. Either way, pick one and stick with it so you don't spread certs too thin across multiple guns.
  4. Zenanii

I'd say the default one.
    If you miss a lot of shot the vortex can actually end up with a higher ttk then the default one since you waste so much time reloading. It also requires you to get much closer to your target before it starts outperforming the mustang, both because of damage drop-off and spread (and when you're new, you don't really want to go all the way in, much better to keep a safe distance).
    I don't have the numbers avalible atm but I believe the mustang and vortex have practically identical ttk against liberators and galaxies as well (without wven considering the superior range and accuracy of the mustang). So ya, default all the way.
    Of course this is mostly irrelevant as the real answer is coyotes >_>
  5. KenDelta

The default one is kinda the best , but if you're willing to spend some massive certs then get the huge magazine one , Kestral or something.

For beginners taking weapons that forgive when missing is the way to go , the vortek is strong , real strong but you need to actually hit stuff with and has a small magazine size compared to the others.