Best anti-lib ESF set up?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tentakewls, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Tentakewls

I just got into flying, mostly to get rid of libs. So far I'm using the Hailstorm + Lolpod combo, but not sure if any other set up would be more effective. Lolpods are good for when you can get the jump on them but after that they become kinda useless. Hailstorm is good for the same reasons but not sure if using something like the high capacity gun or eve the default one would be better since they have more ammo and more damage at range.
    Any advices on this? Coyotes do less damage acording to the tooltip but not sure how resistances are applied and it's hard to check on the VR because of the lack of explosive damage.
  2. Ubad00d

You fly a scythe and don't use saron?! It's probably the best overall nose gun.
  3. Levtech

Tomcats are probably better than lolpods for libs. Libs you should take on from a range, so you cant be up close to pod them. With the big hitbox of the lib the rotary thingy (whatever VS call it) should be good.

Anti-Lib Loadout:
    Tomcats
    Rotary
    Fire Sprsn
    Nanite auto repair
    Racer Airframe (for getting in/out fast)
  4. Kepa

Saron Tomcats, engage at max range you can hit them, but stay close enough they can't run. Going against dalton and getting hit by it nothing that you can cert in will help you, against other belly/tail guns fire suppression can be useful nar too but that's up to you.

Good luck
    Kepa
  5. GoyoElGringo

Personally, I'd use a nosegun that doesn't require me to get very close. On TR and NC, that's the stock or the locust/kestrel. Not sure about VS. For secondary, rocketpods also require you to get fairly close, so I wouldn't use them myself. I'd probably go with Tomcats because they are fire and forget and fairly powerful. But my whole idea is that getting close to a lib is too risky, so there might be more effective loadouts if you want to get in and get out.
  6. Tentakewls

Yeah I was thinking something amongst those lines, getting close to libs is extremely dangerous. I'll give Tomcats a try.
  7. Tentakewls

I started flying two days ago, still getting the hang of it.
  8. HappyT

gl using rotaries/hailstorm vs experienced lib pilots... you're better off using the default nose meaning minimal damage drop off (since you want to stay as far away from them as possible and still deal damage) and you don't need to resupply that often...
    Lolpods are a nice option but only if you're ambushing a lib. Unload as many as you can and quickly gain distance if you don't you will just get yourself killed if its an experienced lib crew. Otherwise I would suggest using afterburner fuel tanks. Because sometime those fights can drag out and you run out of afterburner and without it you're dead.
    Tomcats eh... I guess you can run them vs libs and its a risky thing to stand and lock on to them I advise always staying at reverse manouver and keeping your momentum while using tomcats or any weapon for that matter.
  9. Xervous

default + ab tanks

Against good libs, if you run out of AB too often, you'll die.
  10. Brahma2

Stay at range. Win. You can't lose from range... won't happen.
  11. Frosty The Pyro

they upped the damage fall off on the rotarys some time ago, most folks prefer stock these days. Though libs might be a case were the locust are best, what with their HUGE magazine sizes.
  12. IamnotAmazing

the saron is far better for libs because the range and lack of cone of fire

the afterburner pods are mandatory for fighting libs that know what they are doing, if you're using a secondary weapon you will not have the maneuverability to dodge the gunner
    • Up x 1
  13. Ganjis

The default gun is so much better than the Hailstorm in virtually every situation against ESF as well as being far more useful against ground targets and libs/gals. A2A or AB tanks for hunting libs, however if you are running saron+pods in order to attack ground vehicles, then they are tactically viable against liberators and galaxies if you come across them.