Best All Around Scope

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Semaj, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Semaj

After much thought, I will be buying the Trac 5 S later tonight for the diversity of the gun with all of the attachments. Anyways to the point, I am looking for which scope would be the best to cert into that would be good for longer ranges while not being enough to be terrible in close quarters. Basically I want an all around scope. I don't want to spend the certs on too powerful of one or too underpowered of one as far as the amount of zoom.
  2. flipmoomonkey

For general Jack-of-all-Trades work I prefer the 3.4x Red Dot Sight.

Relatively quick to scope, doesn't obscure too much of your peripheral vision and a simple targeting reticule with just enough zoom level to take pot shots with.
  3. Goats

I find the 3.4X a bit too much for close quarters, and really like the 2X. It's mostly personal preference, though.
    • Up x 2
  4. Semaj

I have liked the 3.4X in other games, so I think I will try it out.
  5. flipmoomonkey

If i know I'm going to be hanging around an enclosed area for a while then I'll usually pull out my 'Biolab Loadout' that includes the 2x Reflex and double Ammo Crates, but for general use 3.4x + Soft Point Ammo = Yummy.
  6. Callum

x1 or x2 scope on most of my rifles in PS2 , anything above that is to much if you ask me, trying to control recoil and the uplift with a 3.4 can be to much at times.
    • Up x 1
  7. Semaj

Well I mostly want the 3.4 for the burst setting st farther ranges, and there is not too much recoil with burst.
  8. Talizzar

I like the 4x for looooooonger shots. A pain in the *** if you get in close. I switched out of the 4x and went back to the 2x reflex which I really like even for longer shots.
  9. Semaj

I decided to get the 3.4 holographic scope and while it does seem slightly limited in close quarters, I think that it works fairly well at longer ranges though. In close quarters, I just have to be careful to either quick scope in, or two only keep my gun aimed at a door or something to prevent someone shooting from out of my scopes view to the side.
  10. LordBelak(!)

2x Reflex sight all the way.
    • Up x 1
  11. Talizzar

Yep.
    • Up x 1
  12. ytman

4x TrueSight.

Reflex sights aren't scopes ppl. >_>
  13. Eric Smith

I like the 3.4 red dot for range, the Reflex Sights - sometimes 1x, sometimes 2x, depending on engagement ranges - and the 1x Night Scope for any engagement at night or in a Tech Plant doorway. Given the average weapon accuracy anything over 4x seems a waste unless you've using a sniper rifle.