[Suggestion] Benefits of removing spawn rooms from all bases:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RiP0k, Apr 12, 2023.

1. OSruinedPS1

The same ones that LACK VISION in opposing this idea are the same types that opposed truck mobile spawning when it first appeared in WWIIONLINE back in 2002.

"I don't mind waiting for a ride at the FB."
    "Hey this is messing up with normal logistics, infantry magically teleporting 3,000 meters away."

In WWIIONLINE it takes the defender 30 seconds to spawn in and run to the cap point, where it takes the attacker 30 minutes to spawn at a FB and walk to the cap point without a ride, or wait 15 minutes for a ride as infantry. So the 2001 game devolved into an almost exclusive vehicle vs vehicle game.

"Hey this is messing up with normal logistics, infantry magically teleporting 3,000 meters away."

What I suggested: If a truck is destroyed enroute then delete 30 infantry from the spawn pool from whence it spawned from. Logistics requirements met.

"Oh no, griefers!"

Like I said, they lack imagination and vision.
  2. RiP0k

With the current Construction System, the removal of the Spawn Rooms can get a good role for Construction System in the game.

You just need to remove the building hexes and replace them with static bases.

It is also necessary to make passages and approaches in places where there were respawn rooms so that two Factions have two or more approaches to capture or hold the hex.
  3. Somentine

No it won't. It would kill the game in days.
    • Up x 1
  4. -Zlodey-

Same as I said in other threads, even on Reddit.
    RiP0k didnt know anything about this game beyond his little minecraft part.
  5. -Zlodey-

Such kind of "maps" are worstest decisions was made. Its either ghostcap, or boring "shoot few abandoned buildings until cap timer runs out".
    Meh.
    When there was actual bases (yes, we had some there), its was way more fun and playable.
  6. -Zlodey-

I'm was there, by the way.
    Best fights was at 2013, though - like most epic Indar lock Defence on Miller by TRAM alliance aganist whole two factions united, for a days.
    You still not understand, what hooked people on this game so much in the past, as you not understand, why some still playing PlanetSide 2.
  7. OneShadowWarrior

Removing spawn rooms would be a disaster.

The spawn camping is bad enough when the numbers are against you.

There are many elements I never understood.

1. Why are the shields on spawn rooms able to even be seen into by enemy?

2. Why do they make these spawn rooms so cramped with no line of sight?

3. Why can enemies see spawn rooms on HUDS?

4. Why aren’t there more alternatives to more spawn locations around the base than one room?