Begun the Invincible Rez Chains Have

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AnnPerkins, Feb 4, 2013.

1. AnnPerkins

Not a fan of the invulnerability for the recently rezed, especially since you can apparently use your medic gun and remain invincible, and this is coming from a player who plays mainly medic. Here's my story to illustrate why it rewards the zerg:

Managed to blow up a dual skillsaw max before it could instagib me. Gunned down a medic trying to rez it then proceeded to kill another but not before he got a rez off on the first medic. At this point I'm out of rifle ammo so I swap to my pistol and dump 21 rounds into the medic while he rezes away and takes no damage!? Now I have two empty guns two invincible medics and a dualskillsaw MAX. Needless to say, I lost. Congratulations on rewarding the zerg swarm for doing nothing but providing superior numbers.
  2. Aghar30

as soon as they move, they lose immunity, drop a brick of c4 under the max, back away wait for him to step, and boom, dead everything.
    • Up x 2
  3. Marked4Death

Must be bugged. Rezzing a dude is taking action. Hell, I thought bumping the mouse would be taking action.
    The invulnerability should also have a time limit of maybe 10 seconds even if the guy does nothing.
  4. Aghar30

it may be buggy, but ive managed to nail guys after rez as soon as they raise their gun. They also have a time limit.
  5. RobotNinja

The devs already stating moving or taking an action is supposed to nullify the invulnerability. So if it's not working, report it preferably with video.

Personally, I killed the same sniper 9 times in a row last night who was being rezzed repeatedly. Had no trouble killing him. Killed the medic too.
  6. Dingus148

If they manage to have enough coordination to work around both the short time limit and zero movement, I say bravo to them. They deserve the kills! Seriously though, it may be annoying to be on the receiving end, but I think it will solve the frustrating spawn/dead mechaninc. If it bothers you so badly spend time perfecting the exploit. Once you can roflstomp everyone using rez chains and break game balance, the devs will fix it. If it doesn't break the game, hey. We have a new, funny way to troll biolabs or armor zergs
  7. Lakora

Only time I've noticed the invulnerability was at a sunderer... Noo I wasn't farming it, I just didn't have C4 or anything else to destroy it with at that moment.
  8. Iksniljiksul

Taking any action at all breaks the immunity, including touching the mouse. This is just another bug.

I can't think of anything that isn't broken in game right now. They literally changed every single thing in one way or another.