[Suggestion] Be able to build a base template, blueprint it, and drop it in the field

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ledess31, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Ledess31

simple suggestion if you have time, what do you think about to be able to build a base template, blueprint it, and drop it in the field?

That would solve a lot of frustration problems with the construction
  2. Ledess31

The idea is that when you save the blueprint, each structure keeps its colision points, and their position is saved thanks to an XYZ axis whose origin is the silo.
    There is no need to adjust the structures to the terrain, it is up to the player to place the bluprint in a place where it can be placed
  3. RabidIBM

Do you have a "one size fits all" base layout? My builds are all specific to the location I'm building on.
  4. LordAnnihilator

Yeah, this is the big issue with this idea. Bases already are heavily affected by your chosen terrain, and a one size fits all blueprint is literally impossible, as the slightest difference in incline will screw you over. Such a blueprint would likely take the form of a giant deployable, and with the amount of alignment needed to get all those components working... I can't see it panning out coding wise.