[BUG] BattlEye BSOD

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DexSK, Feb 24, 2019.

1. DexSK

Hello everyone, I wanted to start the game for the first time after a few months only to find that the last update installed BattlEye and after the game was supposed to start, predictably my system crashed (it does this with two other games I play as well). Now before anyone points me to your FAQ section (nothing concerning system crashes there), kindly please just consider switching to EasyAntiCheat (another solution a bunch of my games use), I had no trouble whatsoever with that one.

I've already tried everything that other game forums have suggested (completely disabling and uninstalling any antivirus, and crippling the Windows Defender builtin one, adding the game exes and the BattlEye files to all sorts of exception lists), I've written to the BattlEye support itself, with no substantial answer other than their referral to their own very much useless FAQ section). No joy. I ended up not buying The Crew 2 which I played (or tried to) the demo for, I can't enjoy Fortnite, and I won't be paying any extra Daybreak cash to play this game either apparently.
  2. Towie

Battleye is used in a lot of games - I doubt DBG would suddenly switch due to a few users having issues so i'd suggest persevering with trying to get it to work.

Extreme I know - but - ever considered doing a fresh Windows install ? Many other users (like me) don't have your issue. The most that others seem to suffer is BE stopping their application when the app is unknown to it (but not a cheat).

Much hassle but you'll be missing out on a lot of online games if you can't get it to work...
  3. DexSK

I'm playing a lot of multiplayer games with no issues, PS2 is just among three of about 20 I ever played and 10-15 I still play more or less regularly (Punkbuster, ValveAC, EasyAC work fine), so the hassle factor with trying to figure out what's wrong when the BattlEye people and the game devs are too incompetent to help, is too high for me.
    To answer your question, yes I did perform a fresh install, I do that every time a major Windows release comes out, keeping my system clean. No joy there either. If I was the only one with constant issues with this bugware, I'd shut up and get used to it, but the internet is full of similar and as of now unsolved issues from other gamers with other games. Some are lucky that the suggestions do work, I'm not. The only luck I have is that it's only three games that I played, that use this bugware.
  4. DexSK

Case closed, BattlEye Support recommended to disable Driver Verifier (I didn't know it existed and even that it was somehow enabled on a cleanly installed system). With that my problems
  5. SpitterSputz

Verifier is not and was not enabled on my system. In my case it's a conflict with Fanatec drivers.