[BUG] Battleye breaks fan control software

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AtckAtck, Jun 28, 2018.

1. AtckAtck

As said in the title, the latest battleye update broke my fan Control Software. (Corsair link)
    Once battleye is started i can no longer Control any fans. Not of my watercooler and not of my graphics Card.
    Really great toasting our Computers in the summer with not working fans… (Keep the irony)

Game is unplayable until fixed.

Other Software like speedfan is also affected, so i guess it is any Software that controls fans that does no longer work.

This Needs to fixed!
  2. Skraggz

I use Cosair Link 4.8.0.82, no issue here.
  3. AtckAtck

Thx for the Info. Updating the software made it work again. Although the old software was more comfortable than the new one.
    (Missing hiding of Devices and such.)
    All in all, it is at least working again. Still a ****** move from battleye to block such software for nothing.
  4. Cougarbrit

Thanks for this, I had the same fan software and since coming back from a two year break the performance in-game was far worse than I remember it ever being; turned out planetside was forcing corsair link to eat 25%+ of my CPU :\

Hopefully an update will fix it for me as well.
  5. DarkStarAnubis

Battleeye has blocked another highly suspicious software, a well renowned tool for hacking and cheating: the new iCUE software of Corsair (the one used to customize mice and keyboards) ..

I have sent a request to Battleeye support explaining where the sw comes from.

No answer so far...
  6. Anthony Nelson

NO, IT'S NOT FIXED. I did not play the game for months, starting it today and updating. After launching PlanetSide the CPU-heat-detection of Speedfan was ruined, it showed -22 degree celsius, of course I got peeping alarm. To correct Speedfan's heat detection, I had to reboot windows! What **** is that?!
  7. FlR3

I find it funny that Battleeye is going after fan control software, and letting the cheaters still play the game. Now that is what I call a joke when it comes to cheat detection software. Sure let the aimbotters/cheaters play but we will shut down your computer if you play fair.
  8. Totharia

So bad! Battleeye is literally ruining the Processors of many people. Thank god I had speedfan open to catch it.
    Actually it i snot really ruining the processor immediately because those have thermal throtteling. But they take dmg over time and the lifetime is shortened. That´s an absolutely no go.
  9. Totharia

P.S.: I am going to try Corsair Link now.
  10. Prince Planet

MSI Afterburner is also forced closed on game launch.

Once in game I can start MSI Afterburner again and it stays active. Have you tried restarting when in game?