Battlerifles & Scout Rifles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Doc Jim, May 2, 2013.

1. Doc Jim

Battlerifles and scout rifles got some changes in GU7 and have been affected to a certain extent by the general changes to attachments in GU8. (compensators, forward grips, HVA and 6x scopes were tweaked in GU8)
    I see maybe one player per week use a battlerifle, everyone else uses automatics.

I have been "using" battlerifles for a long time, but I usually drive tanks, so I haven't suffered a lot from my choice of weapon. I was not impressed by the "buffs" that battlerifles got recently, but I am curious if anyone out there has found them to be a more viable option in combat recently.

Please share your opinions and experiences.
  2. Blarg20011

I enjoy them, I run in organized striker squads a lot and a battle rifle is great for covering the heavies at long range. One of the strategies I find works best is setting up an AV turret and using it to snipe, if it doesn't kill I can just hop off and finish them with the BR. Besides, it's entertaining to use something besides autos every so often.