Battle Rifle Buff Please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blarg20011, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Blarg20011

Here is what I personally would do to buff BRs, most importantly the CoF, velocity, and H. recoil, but the V. recoil, drop off, and bloom changes would be amazing as well.

Battle Rifles
    Current Stats:
    Dmg: 250 @ 8m, 600 @ 65m
    Reload: 2.5/3.5
    Mag size: 20
    Vert. Recoil: .6
    Horz. Recoil: .18/.22
    ADS Move: .5
    CoF Stand ADS: .1/.25/3
    CoF Crouch ADS: .1/.15
    Bloom ADS: .1
    Bullet Velocity: 500 m/s

Suggested Stats:
    Dmg: 250 @ 15m, 600 @ 75m
    Reload: 2.5/3.5
    Mag size: 20
    Vert. Recoil: .55
    Horz. Recoil: .175/.2
    ADS Move Multiplier: .5
    CoF Stand ADS: .03/.25/3
    CoF Crouch ADS: .03/.15
    Bloom ADS: .07
    Bullet Velocity: 650 m/s
    • Up x 2
  2. FateJH

Yes, please!
    • Up x 4
  3. gartho33

u want a BR to shoot a bullet as fast as a 50 cal. sniper?
  4. phreec

The recoil is least of its problems. It's the pathetic velocity and lacking damage output that's the problem. 200 damage at range just wont cut it...

Wut? My Gauss Rifle fires at 650m/s and plenty of other guns including the TR T16 LMG fire at 640m/s. Where is your God now?
    • Up x 2
  5. Blarg20011

Dammit. Editing time is up too.

WHY SOE? WHY CAN"T I EDIT MY POSTS AD INFINITUM!?!?!
  6. RHINO_Mk.II

Damage should be 250 @ 15m and 200 @ 75m
    Velocity should be 600m/s

Everything else is fine.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mxiter

To start, I don't understand from where comes "600 damages @ 75m". It's actually 200.

KSR-35/Impetus sniper rifles stats:
    400 @ 10m, 334 @ 75m
    ROF: 231
    Reload: 2.6/306
    Mag size: 10
    Vert. Recoil:1.3
    Horz. Recoil 0.1/02
    ADS Move Multiplier: .5
    CoF Stand ADS: 0/.55/2
    CoF Crouch ADS: 0/0.2
    Bloom ADS: 1
    Bullet velocity:500 m/s

I'm in favor to buff BR, but giving the "sniping" ability to other class is an other story.

The damage degradation changes won't change a lot of things, but why not.
    Why not about the COF and bloom buffs, giving it the same bloom per shot than gauss saw seems light, but ok.

About the speed, 650m/sec looks very fast, with HVA, it would be quicker than faster sniper rifles.
    Something like 550m/s or 600m/sec max would be already great increase and would be more logical.

But i understand the idea, giving it 167 weapons types COFs, 500 weapons types bloom and higher speed would makes it more viable.

0.1 for still ADS COF is so bad at range, especially on a semi-auto/low ROF weapon.
  8. Blarg20011

Typo, covered that. I also forgot to mention that this would require buffs to the semi scout rifles. I would agree that the velocity is a tad high taking into account HVA, but sniper rifles also have oddly low velocity. Like I said in the OP, the CoF, velocity, and H. recoil changes would be the most important, and the others would just be icing on the cake, or an alternative to some of the other buffs.
  9. Axehilt

Yeah would definitely be nice to see BRs be far more effective. When I take one it nearly always feels like I'm not really much more effective at medium-long range fights, but definitely feel gimped when things get up close and personal.
  10. Sen7rygun

Agree. BRs are sh*thouse at the moment.
  11. Mxiter

I was editing to talking about scout rifles too ;).
    550m/s and your suggested Cofs would be great on it. It's damage output is higher than BR's ones.