Battle Lines becoming stagnant

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Sep 17, 2020.

1. OneShadowWarrior

It is very clear in recent update that the support of zergs/hordes has been the status quo, however, it is also clear that when battles get beyond 48 players in a zone or area the client hit detection goes to garbage.

Not everyone and this includes the PS4 users can afford the Esport gaming rig, it is unrealistic. The point here is since Bastion Carriers have come online, battles become fruitless, you get over run, can't defend and get stuck in the spawn tubes and farmed by veterans.

The zones either need to be restricted when defense forces are seriously outnumbered because with 3 Factions everyone gangs up and exploits kills on forces that are outnumbered. Secondly spawn options on a defensive front need to change as being in horrible designed spawn tubes is not helping, let us parachute in to change the location like in Call of Duty as the areas that are overwhelmed are too predictable. Lastly Sunderers are trash outdoors, remove the limits deployment as the Bastion Carriers are slaughtering them anyways with no cover they are pure trash.
  2. Demigan

I've said it before and I'll say it again: make being outnumbered fun!

Like you say, give outnumbered defenders access to droppods so they can drop in an ever increasing circle around the spawnroom.

Give them access to ANVIL's of increasing value, so they get access to vehicles without needing to use the obviously unuseable vehicle pad. Its why I suggested the damn things anyway for years and when they finally add them its just to sell people on Outfits.

Give defenders discounts on their gear. Access to grenades, C4, MAX's and vehicles with much less restraint is a necessity if you have to kill several times more vehicles and enemies than you can pull against them.

Add mechanics that allow defenders to slow down capture or stall it indefinitely if they are good enough without requiring them to take the points. A great way to do that is an attrition system, where each kill and vehicle kill made by a defender adds time to the capture timer, with a smaller amount of seconds subtracted if they die (so no free suicide bombing). A good guerilla force can keep hitting the enemy and add more time than they lose.

As for Sunderers, I would suggest a miniature PMB system designed to fortify specific area's in a base either for offense or defense. You can pull these from Sunderers and Spawnrooms. Sunderers and Sunderer garages would get specific equipment to protect themselves and slow down enemy attacks. A shield that doubles against Bastions should be part of that.
    • Up x 1