[Suggestion] Bases should have constructible portals for spawned people to use

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, Jan 20, 2022.

1. G.O.A.T

Portals already exist in the game, usually you spawn and it takes you to the other spawn on the other side of the map......So it will be similar to that except, players get to choose where the portal is constructed around the base.

These portals should be hidden from map view unless they are spotted and should take around 2-3 c4s like a sundy or a bit weaker.

This will combat some of the spawn camping, making defenders have to be on their toes looking for this portal....It will also make it funner for the team getting spawned camped, to find a good spot in order to fight the spawn campers...It will lead to a lot of fun scenerios.

Not sure how exactly it should be implemented(perhaps make it cost nanites, make it limited to 1 by base?)...It would require lots of testing for sure.
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

I think some nanites would be required, and the portal would need to be accessed which gives you a map with a selection of portals. You dont want it to be one portal maximum, as that would mean one player could place it in a bad spot and prevent better one's being placed.
  3. RabidIBM

I see where you're coming from and I like where you are going. I've suggested two things in the past which would serve similar functions.

1. Make bases with 2 or even 3 teleport spawn rooms instead of just one, but tie their function to generators. This way there would be objectives in the base beyond control points, and timing of defense would matter more. The base could be designed to be too strong when all the teleporters are online and too weak when they are offline. This would mean reading the play and defending bases early would be rewarded, and the meta of "let's see if it hits 50%, then defend if needed" would be punished.

2. Redo the router so that it is a teleporter instead of a spawn point. Then the entry could be put inside the spawn room, then the exit could be run to an exit.