base spown camping

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tumdaydar, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Tumdaydar

what can i do to stop the base spown camping that will come along from time to time? For a clear context I will explain this so everyone can fallow. I am a newer player only like a week old so yes I am freash. When you chose a base and spown i have noticed some players will purpusly sit at that are to camp all who come out mostly with a max and or some type of tank or 4 weeler. I did bring this up in game and stuff got real bad they started to greaf and just be dum on this. Is thare any way to fix this so new players dont get camped like this becosue this is one of those things were a player will have this happen and then they never come back becosue you did not handle the camping and just unplayable ness of this. I will make this clear i do not mind so mutch the camping of a moble spown becouse it moves it can shoot and everything i just want the base spown camping to stop.
  2. FLHuk

If there's no organised defence to stop them getting to that point it's all fair, move on.

If lone wolf the best you could try is to fall back, draw a vehicle and kill their spawns. Repeat as needed. Ofc this depends on your enemy allowing you to do so....

If they're more organised perhaps moving on is again your best bet.

----
    Form a squad, join a squad, join an outfit. Organise... But never be that guy back seat leading :D
    • Up x 1
  3. Savadrin

Find a friend, learn the Harasser. One GOOD jeep crew can be enough to affect a fight.

Two good jeep crews can be enough to tip the balance on a bad armor zerg if the infantry in the base does its job. 3-5 is an absolute menace.

(harasser/jeep can be replaced with Lib but the bar to entry is much higher).
  4. JibbaJabba

Not sure the solution for new folks. They are gonna have to "smart up" real quick or this is gonna be unpleasant for them.

So some thoughts on it:
    If the base has some importance, friendlies will be arriving over the next few minutes to assist. Until then you are simply going to have to play super conservatively. You are unlikely to take the point, so just "work it" and try to get kills.

If it's so bad that you literally can't leave the spawn then:
    1. Definitely try the teleporter if there is one.
    2. Leave, pull a Valkyrie from a nearby facility and drop into the base at an alternate location (possibly even right on the point).
    3. Leave and don't come back. If they are overpopping that hard at a base then something else is undefended.

There is always the option to be a spawnroom warrior. Just sit inside the shield and practice your sniping. Sounds boring though so not really my thing.
  5. Tumdaydar

ya i tried that then then i got spowned camped agen so that did not help at all. Think like this you play the game then you die not a big deal you die and you spown in.... now you get spowned camped by meany tanks and maxes and heavys. You warp away and find that they are camping anywere you go. What do you do to stop this blaten herasment? you cant just report becsoue cheaters and herasmenters are not geting punish so were do you go?
  6. Skraggz

Spawn room camping is not harassment end of story, nor is it cheating. Leave the fight and find another one. If you leave there and find another spawn camp then it is a you issue. As in you have not fully learned how to read the map.

If the base I am defending gets 65%+ pop or better in enemies favor I usually just roll out to the next fight.
  7. Tumdaydar

it is harassment becosue spown camping every base is the same as bullying other players forcing a team to quiet the game and never return becosue of it. If you can not see that then you are part of the issue and need to rethink your life choices. Back in the day EQ had a similer issue were pvp players would camp lowere players and deni them of all gear and items they had and made most of the new players quiet the game what is the differance here? If it was Harassment in EQ it is harassment in Planetside2 no questions asked here. If you cant play fair in games your just a low life losser with no skill and suck at the game and are lazzy as hell. You can not deni i have made a solid point here.
  8. Skraggz

I dont need to rethink anything mate. You're the one suggesting spawn room camping is harassment. Yes DBG should totally ban ppl if they dont allow you to come out of your spawn and kill them.... yes they should ban others because you cant navigate a map.... yes they should ban others because they killed you in a FPS. Get a grip on reality, if you are inherently a terrible player then that is your doings, and no DBG shouldn't react to you being terrible. If you wanna be cannon fodder and complain on the forums that's fine. However realize nothing is gonna be done directly to that player because spawn camping is NOT harassment. You have means to leave the base, you chose to walk out, and your skill level got you killed.

Come at me again with that ignorant attitude.
  9. Skraggz

I now know why there are thousands of tickets ahead of me when I turn in an issue.
  10. Savadrin

Denied.
  11. FateJH

Because the ticketing id does not get reset?
  12. Skraggz

Maybe it's a compounded issue with false claims...
  13. JibbaJabba

I deny that you have made a solid point here. Sorry. Gonna be blunt: You're getting responses from people who know more about the thing being discussed than you do. Do lots of listening when in such circumstances.

This is indeed a fair game and globally symmetrical. However it is not locally symmetrical and therefor not locally fair.

Spawn camping cannot occur without a victim. Stop being a victim.

I do not get spawn camped. It just doesn't happen to me unless I do it on purpose. Why are YOU getting spawn camped?

Leave. That. Fight.

Also realize not every place where a good fight is occurring can be reached from the spawn map. Most of the best fights where populations are too large for spawn camping to really be a possibility are not reachable from the spawn map. If you want to take up a gripe with DBG, this is the thing to gripe about.

So how do you get to them?
    #1 Be in a squad. Or if super new to the game, a platoon might even be better. Then use the squad logistics. Sundies, galaxies, and most importantly beacons. Go where the commander tells you. He ain't gonna send you to a spawn camp.
    #2 Fly yourself there in a Valkyrie. Once you get into the hex, if you are killed all the previously inaccessible spawns in that hex will now be available at your spawn screen. You won't need to valk in again.
    #3 If you're good enough... make one. Go drop on an empty base and start a ghost cap. People to shoot at will arrive shortly. Heck... go spawn camp them. :p
    • Up x 1
  14. OneShadowWarrior

When it get’s to a point where you can’t get out of a spawn room, the new spawn system, just go somewhere else. That’s what I do, veteran or rookie, no one enjoys spawn camping.

I have posted since the game was first built in beta, 7 years ago, the spawn rooms make zero sense. They are cramped, have zero defensive capabilities, no line of sight, to many blind spots, enemies should not know their locations on a minimap, the windows should be a one way mirror where the enemy can’t see in, the ability to only spawn in one location in a base point is predictable.

This is the Higby way to be smacked by campside.
  15. Savadrin

To be honest, there's literally no way that the people who did the map design "accidentally" made all of the bases on all of the continents in the same way. Everyone hates spawn camping when they're not doing it, no biggie.

But IF the bases had fully protected spawn systems, logical defensive setups, etc. - how long would each base take to capture?

How many weeks would it take to lock a continent? I think this design is meant to ensure that we're moving from "map" to "map" with regularity.
  16. JibbaJabba

Ok guys... some history. The spawn solution right now is very, very deliberate.

You don't even know what spawn camping is. THIS is spawn camping...

(See 5:18 + mark, forum won't let me specify)

Notice the spawn room they are coming from has a single door. The force field cannot be fired through from either direction. People come out of that door into a sausage grinder.

Heck, you guys don't even know what vehicle spawn camping is. Like 8 tanks and an ammo sundy just constant firing a door. You can put a platoon behind that door and it ain't getting out.

The system right now does not save you from being crushed by enemies. If they outpop you 3 to 1... guess what? You're not *supposed* to be able to sally forth from your spawn and win. You're already defeated.

What the system does right now is allow you to assess if this is happening. You can sit in safety and figure out if a push out is possible and if so, organize one. It stops the vehicle based spawn camp because defenders can fire out.

It does not though magically make you able to not get dunked on when you SHOULD get dunked on.
  17. JibbaJabba

Also if you're on emerald, new, and struggling, just PM me. I play evenings most nights of no faction in particular. Be happy to run a two man squad, just show you how I get about.

Also this is a bit advanced but fantastic:

18. Savadrin

What if you're on emerald, old, and not exactly struggling :cool:
  19. Skraggz

I as well have no problem helping ppl on emerald, not the greatest but I'll do what I can. Vs only. Character name is swabbi
  20. Tumdaydar

i see the facts right here were spown camping is at a point were is geting blantently anoying. I understand that we need a place to spown ok i get it but when you port/warp around the to not get spowned camped and still are thare are still big issues with the players and only want to spown camp as a way to bully a faction or harass a new player. I know you guys think this is fair but that metality thinking this is fair is like if you go to school to learn but you get beat up every day and you want to do is get get though the day and learn. Is this making any sence to any of you and if not why? For real spown camping is known as phisical vertual harassment and is under the rull of bullieing in raw turms. If you think this is fun to spown camp your are only having fun and then soo you kill your game like how cod spown campers kill thare games and dont want anyone to play with them this be a fact. If you dont think of what any of your actions do you will perma fail in life.