Base Icons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilsooty, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Evilsooty

Can we have an option to turn these off? The fewer icons blocking our view the better. You really don't want to go down the lines of BF3 with all its clutter which makes it look a complete mess.

If I want to know the general direction to a base I can glance at the map. Please, resist the urge to keep adding clutter. We don't need it!
  2. Nocturnal7x

They can add all the clutter they want, but they should also add the ability to toggle it on and off.
  3. Evilsooty

Yep. More and more clutter is added with each update. They should look at R02 to see how to make a UI; you can have all that crap on your screen if you want by holding down a button but the default setting is off.
  4. Rainproof

These new displayed symbols (Icons) are really an annoyance. I'm sure there're for the new players but after the first few minutes they get the gist. For a regular player they're a pain, they can cover up an enemy at distance and just clutter up our display. Please remove this new feature.
  5. Angry Scientist

They're useful for knowing, at a glance, where the nearest enemy facility is and its status without requiring you to open up the map. A great thing for air and tanks, since stopping can be death. A key binding to choose to have it on or not would be nice, however.
  6. Evilsooty

This is how you do a UI in FPS games:

Clutter free by default until you hold a button to bring up all the objectives which then disappear as soon as you release it. The best of both worlds!