[Suggestion] Base Defence - and how it could be improved

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaoschan, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Kaoschan

I took a bit of time and prepared a few screenshots and incredible design-flaws with the current way base-defences are placed and how defending a base could be improved with a few tweaks here and there.

Not everything is perfectly painted (yes i used paint!) but most likly you will get the general idea.

Base: Indar AMP Station

[IMG]

1# - Several blindspots at the base of the tower. Therefor all turrets can be destroyed without danger (blue circles)
    2# - A empty turret slot at the side of the tower (why is it empty?) --> add another turret into it.

* Reduce the size of the blindspots and enable the turrets to either shoot at enemies there OR give them protection (in form of barriers) to not get damaged from these blindspots anymore.

[IMG]

1# Only one(!!) AA turret on the top of the "Main-Gate" Defence tower --> add at least 1-2 more spread around the tower.
    2# AA Turret is placed too far "outside" and is extremly endangered by ground-attacks from the tower-base --> place them more "ontop" of the tower or give them protective barriers (pet anti-scratch collar like so that attacks can be blocked of from below?)

[IMG]

1# Turret to far on the outside and the tower itself is extremly poorly shielded from any kind of attack. HE shells literally clear out an "floor" of the base in a few shots. Infantry has no real cover against HE stuff.

* The yellow "barriers" could be energy barriers which are active as long as the turret is
    a) operational and/or b) used by a person. --> this would render turrets more important because they would also screen the interior of the tower to some extend keepting the persons inside "safer"

[IMG]

1# Wall-section directly at the "main-gate" - It is compeltly defenceless and LA's can get very very easyly into the base.
    * See picture for improvment ideas

[IMG]
    #1 Inner base has no defence turret of any kind (the ones on the "inner wall" are poorly placed and compeltly useless)
    *See picture for improvment

[IMG]

#1 Protective Railings only extend to the part of the structure where the Air-Consoles are, yet its possible (and intended) to walk "around" the topside.
    *Add Railing on these parts to improve defence of the inner base for courtyard-fights.

This are just some basic ideas from my side to improve the defence a bit in order to enable defenders to survive longer. Yet most of my complains are design-flaws of the initial base-design, which make it almost so as IF the dev don't want defence to be of any importance by rendering bases wiht a lot holes to literally flood into it.

Another fact is that Turret in themself are a complete mess and literally worthless during base-defence.

1# They have not enough HP/Resistances (HE anyone?) to survive any kid of attack for more than 5 sec
    2# Their Heat-Capacity is too low to keep up with the attacking side
    3# Their placement creates blindspots from where infantry can destroy them withour danger
    4# Some parts of the Base are without turrets at all (wall-section, inner courtyard, topside of the main building)
    5# Being static structures their overall "defence" value is very low (no protective screening, no benefit of "keeping them alive"

OK .. time to shred me into pieces for my stupid ideas. :d