Base Construction useless now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TMU, Oct 13, 2017.

1. The Shady Engineer

Might be a case of your mileage may vary but I noticed that since the patch, player made bases started springing in more strategic locations that influence the territory game.

Just in the past couple days I've seen bases built by the NC on the bridge bw Scarred Mesa and Regent Rock which held up our armor for a good 20 minutes allowing the NC to get a decent defence going. Another base I saw was a TR base with an Elysium tube right outside of Onatha North Gate on Amerish which was held by the NC. That base let us delay the NC armor coming out of Onatha North as well as letting us get a foothold in the hex.

Much more interesting use of the construction system than dropping a base in the middle of bumfk nowhere and artificially win by generating VP.
    • Up x 3
  2. Purp

Recommendation (as long as the current system is in place) as soon as your side triggers an alert, de-rez your silo; as soon as your hive stops, de-rez your hive and base structures.

I noticed this weekend that people are abandoning the hive bases and going to fight (which is what I do). But this is offering up a lot of free certs to hive destroyers, as they can now go around and blow abandoned hives with impunity.

It's a sad state that once an alert starts, all your hard work into the base is over. We need some incentive to keep the bases going... But until then, I recommend de-rezing everything.
  3. Lamat

May as well leave it up, if you de-res your hive the core might just go neutral and they'll get it anyways. Meanwhile I get kills while they waste alert time in my funhouse of horrors.
  4. zaspacer

Sounds like PMBs need a lot of nerfs. Not surprising.
  5. Bukoski

I find construction quite useful. Whenever a base is being assaulted, I follow behind in an ANT and put a vehicle and air terminal as close as possible. Multiple people always spawn and pull vehicles instead of 4x the distance from the closest base. It does make a difference since having the armor advantage determines whether the spawning sunderers around the base will live or die.

An automated AA turret plus the roof of a bunker provides a safe landing spot for people to repair. I've seen ESF pilots thanking me for making a base close an offensive zerg so they can repair and pull more air vehicles.

As the zerg moves up, rip it down and set it up again.
    • Up x 5
  6. stalkish

All they need to do now is implement the spawn into vehicle at PMBs, that would be awesome, along with a more easy to see indication that there are vehicle spawns available there.
    • Up x 1
  7. PlanetBound

Possibly obvious but you it seems better to let the other faction trigger an alert when the majority of your faction is on their favorite continent.
  8. TR5L4Y3R

^^^^^^
    THIS GUY RIGHT HERE

nakes use of proxybases .. and i am seriously suprised that it isn't utilised by more people .. ok sure it requires preptime ( not counting the initial high certrequirement to unlock this stuff anyway) but these things can just make the difference...
    i'm still of the opinion that dbg needs to make a change on when a faction captured /controls a base that it overwrites the no-deployzonerule in favor of that faction to allow pmb construction and if need be addtional defensive sunderer placement ...

as for the metagame i think they should at the abililty to lose refined coetium by destroying hives both before and during the alert requiring the alerttriggering faction to at least have to keep 30% or 50% of their refined cortium additionaly to the territory requirement to lock a continent ... .. that is still much different than the vp situation we had before with hives imo
  9. Shadowdev

I don't like the new rules for locking continents, they need to go back to the way it was before, where hives could generate VP.
  10. Xada

Problem with the construction system was that it was always off the beaten path and never felt worth it to go attack. I think they should have made construction part of the already existing bases, having defenders have to make supply runs outside the base to keep bases operational. That way sieges could actually work on extremely defender heavy bases like Indar excavation and scarred mesa.
  11. adamts01

Nice trolling. Ha. Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
  12. OgreMarkX

DBG tied construction to Hives. DBG tied Hives to iwin button for locks. This was bad.

DBG untied Hives from locks (to a large but not complete extent). This was good.

Negative externality was to lessen number of player made bases.

Solution: Allow many, if not all, player made base structures to be built in more locations (closer to game bases). I know the danger would be the game devolving to a base vs base fight (imagine players taunting from each base like Monty Python Holy Grail Knights).

But it would be nice if a sundy garage could be built closer to an existing base as an attack staging area, or even as a forward defense.

I like the base building aspect of the game, it was just poorly tied to Hives and VPs for so long that it failed.
  13. Lamat

This needs to happen at least once to add to my cherished PS2 memories.
  14. OldMaster80

I agree. At this point the whole purpose of Construction has to be redesigned.
    For instance I say after 5 years it's time resources start to matter.
    • Up x 1