[Suggestion] Base Capture Time

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by furballhero, Dec 11, 2012.

1. furballhero

Hi,

I've been playing since the tech test, and logged many many hours and overall this game has improved on all fronts, good job SOE - a couple more months of bug squashing and optimization and we can officialy call the Beta period over.

One of the things I personally would like to see improved (Increased) is the base cap time as well as the addition of a single home base and the removal of the 3 permanent uncapturable faction specific warpgates. (Ala PS 1)

My reasoning for this is - for example - A large outfit (Or high pop factions), can steamroll a continent in an hour or so - once they move on to a different continent, they can lose all their work within the next hour because the enemy owns an uncapturable warpgate RIGHT there. Also by having a permanent warpgate on all three continents each faction is effectively forced to fight on 3 fronts at all times. I have no problem with a warp gate style base, I think its a cool idea - but I would like to see them capturable OR remove the warpgates completely and turn the tech plants into pseudo mini capturable "warpgates" type thing.
    My hope is that by implementing the above and by heavyly increasing base capture times, increasing the bonus received for defending a base, adding SCU's to EVERY base (Because who really likes camping/being camped at a spawn room) you can increase the value of defending and increase the value of the bases overall knowing it wont simply be recapped 5, 10, 30, 45 minutes later.

So a recap of suggestions
    1. Replace current warpgate system with only 1 uncapturable home base for each faction (1 faction per continent)
    2. Potentialy turn Tech plants or Bio Labs into mini capturable warpgates.
    3. Heavyly increase the base capture time for every base.
    4. Add SCU to every capture location

I know you guys have a lot of brain bites working on fix's and im sure you've thought of all these ideas as well. As a player, personally - these are the types of changes I would like to see improved.

Thank you for your time.