Base Building is Absolutely Disgusting

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by fluffypuffy, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Your Secret Admirer

Bases are a force multiplier but should only be useful when actively defended.

Reduce number of walls/ramparts to one, but give it a roof and walls, this way infantry can actually shelter inside, place a shield on the door of the bunker.

Disallow modules inside the Sunderer Garbage, and create a special building for housing them.

Make the vehicle gate wider and easier to place so you can use terrain better to close approach in a direction.

Ideally a solo base on flat ground should be vulnerable from two directions, a second player can then protect the remaining two sides. In this way 50% of the walls will be vehicle gates so ANTs can actually refuel the silo

Reduce the height and hitpoints of the pain spires, they are too easy to snipe and too hard to kill up close.
  2. AuricStarSand

The new construction updates are mostly fine. Besides the pain spire, I found them ok.

The positive is:
    - Flail got nerfed, finally, thank god.
    - Automated turrets maybe gone, so that Playstation is able to merge with PC servers. If not for that, than I don't get why. Or else they just want playstation to have construction updates, tho imo playstation needs server merge. Regardless of skill lvl.
    - Turrets got buffed
    - Flail & glaive no longer requires module.

The negative is:
    - Is you have to man a av turret & are not able to solo defend your base by other means ( not able to pull a lightning or LA av enemies ).

However the pain spire stuff is Uselessssssssss. heh. EMP? " Dev Note: This softens one of the least fun parts of attacking a construction base, while retaining the defensive nature of this spire. "

I've made 1,000 bases & my pain spire only killed a few br 30's out of years of using them. HA have used Launchers to easily destroy my spires from a safe range & continue running around my base, destroying the rest of the stuff. While all 20 enemies also easily avoid the double automated AI turrets too. So no, pain spires were never even average. They were below average. Tho maybe they don't want modules easily defended against infantry.

Also if you're gonna make it EMP, which is half useless, then why make the radius ALSO smaller? if you're gonna nerf the dmg by half, make it not score any kills. For already a below average pain spire prior to the nerf, then why also nerf its range? Pain spires are so easy to destroy & even easier to avoid, they are so tall & have weak hp. Not to mention vehicles destroying your base is the major problem, not enemy infantry anymore.

Anyhow, the update addresses flails, so I still like this fix. Most of my bases have died from flails, more than they've died from vehicles. Infantry are the least of problem, so even if pain spire is nerfed to be garbage, I suppose I'll work with that.

P.s. AV Turrets are gonna have to be able to solo 2 lightnings for this non automation stuff to be worth it. With Anti Infantry turret also, not able to be easily destroyed by 1 enemy sniper tank.

P.s.s. That rediculous knife that does dmg to modules, needs to be erased. Some dude crouched literally stabbing my bunker till my bunker is smoking, that is lame & those are the type of people to attack your silo. Nerf that knife, its allowed to do dmg verse vehicles, tho does zero dmg to construction items. Amen.