Base building: can't remove buildings placed by other players

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by malavon, Jan 20, 2020.

1. malavon

When another player pulls buildings from my silo, I can remove these buildings as owner of the silo.
    This does not always work and I'm not sure why. I've had this 2 days ago on walls, modules and a turret.
    Today it happened on an air vehicle pad. I could remove it once, after being rebuilt I could not remove it anymore.

As far as I know there is no workaround. Either it works for a building, or it doesn't.

Of course, this wouldn't be much of an issue if I could actually set my silo to restricted access. Let me share a bit of a story that happened today. It's just one of many occasions, but this one is fresh in my mind and has left a very bad taste.
    I got grieved because I wouldn't allow some player to pull endless supplies of ESFs at my base.
    I'm going to leave the character names out of this, it's just one of the bad apples. This is what happened:

I filled up a silo and built myself a base on Indar. Thanks to the endless amount of grinders and their silos blocking cortium spawn nodes this took over an hour. But alas, it happened. A friend joins in on the base.
    While working at it, some random guy spawns, pulls an air pad and places it. Then he pulls a scythe. A minute later, he spawns again, pulls a scythe etc. I then remove that air pad.
    He spawns again, pulls another pad. I ask him not to place it, telling I need the cortium to power an orbital strike and these things need a lot of cortium. He ignores me and places it. I try to remove it, he shoots me. Yeah, that's what happens when spoilt brats don't get their free scythes. They shoot allies.
    I try to reason with him, tell him where to find grinder silos where he can have as much cortium as he'd like. He doesn't care. All he wants is my cortium. Next time he tries to pull an ESF, I kill him. Sure, I shouldn't have killed him but not only did he kill me, I also gave him plenty of other options.
    From then on, all he does is grieve me. He pulls stuff from the silo until it's down to 20k. That's 30k cortium that was gone in no time. 30k that should have been used to power everything in the base.

I blow up his air pad with c4. Remove spawn points so he can't spawn again. Build my own air pad, just so I can actually set restrictions. He of course won't stop. He calls in TR players he knows and logs in on his own alt (same basename) to continue to destroy the base I built. We put up a fight, but there's more of them than there are of us. The base gets destroyed, or at least the modules and the silo.

All this happened because I couldn't set restrictions. I don't mind if someone spawns ESFs at my base. I've allowed it many times in the past. But I, as silo owner, want to decide this. If I put in the - extremely boring - work of getting a silo filled with cortium, then I get to choose what happens with that cortium.
    If someone else wants a favour, they have to ask.

Note: a few years ago I quit playing (and paying) this game altogether because of the endless amount of "allies" spawning at bases (I got to know the characters' names well) after which they'd log in on their alts just to destroy that base. Their reasoning: this game is broken and we hate construction as it is. Those people have now left, but others are still here. Grieving happens. It kills enjoyment players have in the game.
    And in the case of the story above, it's all preventable. The code is in the game to restrict silos. It used to be there. The code is in there to allow silo owners to remove buildings. It used to work and still works sometimes.
  2. malavon

Apparently for some reason I can't edit this post. I'm going to repost the story in the Gameplay forum and wanted to reference it from this post.
  3. Botji

I want to bump this because its still an issue and more often than not it goes hand in hand with griefers.

Built a base on one of those open spots that gives blue outfit resources, obviously someone doesnt like this because now the territory is half decently defended and its NOT THEIR outfit that owns it. Clearly the only logical thing to do is block off all entrances/exits from the base with walls so it cant be resupplied which will eventually lead to the player base being abandoned and a enemy faction can capture the area.

Its honestly disgustingly lazy by the devs to not have implemented any restrictions the players can use if they want to. Not being able to remove buildings is just the icing on the cake to make it way too easy to be a dbag in the game with absolutely no way to get punished for it because I seriously doubt any report I make on this behaviour will lead to any significant punishment, if any at all.
  4. Botji

If anyone else finds this and have the same problem I got it working by going to the Sanctuary and back again, will probably work by switching back and forth from any continent(fixes welding tool not able to remove some buildings).